5: Work

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ana's POV

Ike and Daniel are the same person.
          Ana knows him as Ike because he didn't tell her in the beginning that his name was Daniel for a reason still known to him.
           Emily knows him as Daniel and his full name is Daniel Ike Okwu.

I arrive at the company premises, my mind and body ready to face the day. I shake my head and giggle while I wait for the gateman to tug the gate open as I remember the pleading glances Oluchi and Joe were both sending my way before I stepped out.

I was utterly in shock when I got a call on the way to the car from my mom who strongly advised me not to go on and I quote "a suicide mission". Even without asking, I knew it was Oluchi who had called to inform her of my stubbornness, and no she didn't relay to her that I was pregnant.

From what I had gathered from our conversation, it appeared she was told I've been down with acute malaria. When she realized I was adamant, she had no choice but to succumb to my wishes after scolding me on my irresponsibility of course.

I'm brought back to the present as I hear the sound of metal being unraveled. I start the ignition and move to drive through the gates when the gateman greets me.

"Welcome Boss, it's good to see you back," he beams stooping to peer at me through the passenger window.

"It's good to be back Chike!" I holler over the sound of the engine and ride past him to park the vehicle in front of my office building.

"Good day, Ma," the security guard at the entrance salutes the moment I alight from the driver's seat in a long-sleeved V-neck blue blouse tucked into the waistband of my black slacks that hug my figure like a second skin.

"How have you been Fred?" I inquire politely as I snatch my matching blue bag and saunter to him in 6inch heels.

"Been fine ma'am," he nods and pushes the door for me to walk through. "Have a nice day."

"You too dear," I call over my shoulder, flipping the long white hair plaits behind my ear.

"I knew it was you," Glory gleams, ambling out of her office to meet me halfway.

"I'm guessing I should refer to you as a fortune-teller?" I query in a laugh, trudging to my compartment.

"You have no idea how grateful I am that you are here at this moment," she sighs, ignoring my previous question.

"Why?" I poll, fishing out a key from my satchel and unlocking the office door. "You thought I wouldn't make it?"

"Well, sorta." She shrugs, "I mean Oluchi is still around right? She could tie you to your bed for all I know."

"Come on, she's not that bad," I snort, going to open the windows to let in the fresh morning air.

"I won't swear on that," she scoffs, lounging on the seat opposite my desk.

"Anyway, hit me. What has been going on while I was home?" I investigate, resting my bag on the foot of the chair as I settle down.

"A lot, the new shipment of the raw materials we've been waiting for to try our hands at body lotion just arrived on Thursday. Also, we've completed production of the 500ml paracetamol which requires your final testing and approval," she conveys, swinging her seat from left to right.

"Shit that's a ton, anything else?" I interrogate silently praying that I'm wrong.

"Well the NAFDAC supervisors are coming over tomorrow to certify the paracetamol, leaving today the only day you've got to test, approve, or make corrections, not to talk of the numerous calls for speeches, book launching, two new wedding vow offers and art interpretation for the upcoming art exhibition Dominion has been planning on." She lets out in one breath, listing them off her fingers.

"All these were piling up and you didn't inform me?" I quiz, not knowing which job to tackle first.

"I didn't want to bother you. You had a lot going on, plus I didn't want to risk being hanged by Oluchi." She defends.

"Okay." I exhale, "I guess that's all."

"Nope, not by a long shot, but we'll take them step by step," she speaks, rising. "For now, let's go say hello to the staff and factory workers, they've all missed you."

"Aww," I flush. "I miss them too."

"Yeah yeah, don't let your head swell about that. Those humans gave me a tough time this past few days," she mutters, adjusting her red off-shoulder top that sits above a yellow Ankara print skirt.

"Why is that?" I qualm, getting up too to follow her out of the office, her pointy nude heels resounding on the marbled floor.

"Don't blame me, I don't know everything as you do," she voices. "In my defense, I studied Agric engineering, I can only understand the raw material parts of this job, any other stuff is still a process to me."

"Don't worry babe, you'll get the hang of it." I chuckle, throwing my arm over her shoulder as we head for the company building.

"Hey there boss," John dubs, sighting the both of us and strives to yank me in for an embrace. "I missed your presence."

"More than your girlfriend?" I implore, referring to Glory who perks up beside me.

"I see her every day so there's no way I could miss her," he asserts, offering her a wink as he releases me.

"You didn't tell me you both have gotten serious," I doubt, my gaze drifting between them.

"Eeerrrh," Glory blurts, her nails going to scratch her weaves.

"You look beautiful today," John abruptly complements in an attempt to distract me.

"I know what you are doing John," I mock. "But you are the one looking smoking, like, your bare bronzed chest is on display not to talk of those muscly legs hugged by your tight-fitting jeans."

"I came out to get some fresh air, been down in the factory since 6 am," he says, explaining his dress code.

"We'll see you there then," I utter and tread in the path of the glass doors, leaving Glory to trek after me or maybe have a moment with her man.

"What are you doing here?" I groan out in query the instant I spot Ike tilted on the wall when I exit the building as if he owns the place.

"I came to see my baby mama, is that a crime?" He consults, shifting his weight to now stand tall in a plain black t-shirt and brown khakis that expose his hot chiseled hairy legs coupled with a white slide on his feet.

"Shut up Ike, someone might hear you!" I hiss, looking around to make sure no one is close.

"Watsup Ana, who are you-- oh Ike how are you doing?" Glory questions as she notices him.

"See? At least someone had the decency to ask how I'm doing," he jeers. "I'm fine, thanks for caring Glory."

"Can we go to my office?" I invite, swallowing the retort I had in mind to say.

"Lead the way love," he bows, smirking, thus he knows the effect his words have on me.

"I'll simply do that, your majesty," I respond, sarcasm dripping in every letter and saunter ahead to my office.

"Have a seat," I urge, motioning to the seat Glory had occupied earlier. "Now tell me why you are here."

"Why are you acting so uptight Ana, for God's sake we were lovers!" He booms, having had enough of my cold attitude.

"It's not my fault. The pain you inflicted made me stronger," I counter, fastening my palms on the table and staring directly at him. "I still love you Ike, but that love is now covered in ice."

"Then let me melt it, baby, just give me a chance," he pleads, standing to crouch to my face level and running a finger along my neck. "I'm ready to do anything."

"No," I inhale, steeling myself from succumbing to the desire growing in my core as he blows hot air on my collarbone.

"Don't fight it, babe, you want this," he whispers, nibbling my ear lobe and prompting me to shiver in want.

"What's going on here?" A voice questions, accompanied by a door slamming that pushes Ike and me apart.

"I'm so sorry Ana, I tried to stop her but___" Glory rushes out, rather Ike doesn't let her finish.

"Why are you here Emily?" He interrogates, turning to confront her, his palms clenched in fists at his sides while I stand there breathing high and flustered, my eyes large as they crash with those belonging to Emily.

Well hello, homies.
Sorry, I didn't give y'all a heads up but I'm happy to give you all a surprise.

So here's a new chapter. It's been a while we've seen Ana in her work mood so I hope you loved it.

What do you think is going on between Ike/Daniel and Emily?
Would Ike and Ana be able to repair their relationship? Also, what will happen with Emily and Ken?

Well, we've got a really long way to go, so just stick around to find out.

To get updates about my books.
Please follow me up on
Freshy Gore Writes: Facebook
Freshy Focus: Facebook Page
Freshy Gore: Instagram
Freshy Gore: Twitter
+2348113775889: WhatsApp

Don't forget to tap that little star at the left end of your screen. Thank you😊

Freshy

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro