6. The Rain

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You're covered in paint? At least, I hope it is.." I tilt my head to the side as I look at wally head to toe. Currently wearing a white coat that was covered in red paint. He looks down and gives me a faint smile.

"You caught me in the middle of painting." He admits.

I shuffle nervously.

"I just wanted to..." I look down at the basket of apples that had a blue bow on top. He looked at me with interested eyes.

"To thank you for... Helping me when you found me. If I'm being honest, I'm still overwhelmed by everything." I talk softly, I was never good at showing much emotion. Vulnerable ones that is.

"So, I wanted to gift you this as a thank you..." I hold out the basket to him with a shy smile and wally stares back. His smile was crooked and he looked dumbfounded. Home smacked his back with the front door and he stumbled forward with a gasp.

"R-right! Haha...." Wally looks embarrassed as he straightens himself up.

"You didn't have to.. But thank you!" He takes the apple filled basket and smiles at me then he looks back inside his home.

Squeak Squeak!

Wally rolls his eyes as he listens to home speak.

"Fine. Fine." He looks at me.

"Would you like to take a walk? I could use a break." He asks and I nod making him smile and he goes back inside his home to set down the basket. Soon, He reappears with his white coat off.

"What were you painting?" I ask as he closes the door and starts to walk.

"Oh... Just the neighbors....." He gives a vague answer and I just shrug my shoulders. We walk down the path and I look at wally closely.

"It's usually my thing to stare..." He teases and I turn pink from getting caught.

"I just...." I begin and he stops to look at me.

"You're made of fabric. I can't seem to wrap my head around how perfect you look. Alive yet not....." I mutter and wallys eyes widen.

"I wouldn't say perfect. I could say the same to you, You're different than what we know." His eyes scan me and I look aways shyly.

"You got me there."

"Look out!"

Someone yells behind me and I turn around. Julie was rolling towards me and she crashes into me.

"Ow!" I yell as I hit the ground and wally eyes widen. Julie was on the ground beside me and I look over. She was wearing bright pink roller skates with yellow detailing. She tries to get up and wally helps her. Once she found her balance, She looks down at me with an apologetic look.

"I'm so sorry (y/n)! I'm learning how to skate and I can't seem to get a hold of it..." She mutters as she looks down with irritation and wally looks at the skates. His eyes gloss over slightly and I look at julie.

"It's okay. Just try not to run me over!" I tease her and she smiles at me.

"I'll see you around!" She skates off and I see wally watch her leave then looks down at me. His cool smile soon turns into a confused one.

"Neighbor... What is that?" I follow his gaze and see that he's looking at my arm which has a scrape on it. Blood trickled down to my hand that was propping me up.

"I'm bleeding.." I say and he quickly kneels down beside me.

"Oh my!" He looks worried and I chuckle. His eyes look into mine but I see its genuine worry.

"It's alright, Wally. It's just a scrape." I tell him.

"For us, It's stuffing..." He mumbles as he watches the blood trickle to the ground.

"Let's get you fixed up." He takes my hand that has blood and helps me up.

"No, It's alright! It stopped now..." I reassure him and he still doesn't look convinced. I look at his hand in mine and I bring it closer to me.

"You're staining your hand!" The blood seeps into the fabric and he laughs.

"Nothing water can't fix." He says and I notice I was still holding his hand. I blush and pull back from him.

"Haha.... So...." I look away and see the sky cloud over. Trying to change the subject.

"Have you roller skated before?" I ask and wally walks beside me. He sighs and I see he's thinking about something.

"I used to..... It was something I loved doing before... Before...." He struggles to explain.

"Well, What matters is that I don't anymore...... The middle of the town where the clock is," He points off to the center of the town. There was a funny looking clock with a sun and moon sides. A smile and wonky looking hands that tell the time. It was set on a white floor that was shiny and clean. A few seats were around it and some plants.

"Is where we used to skate a lot." He finishes and I tilt my head to the side.

"Why don't you show me how to skate? I would love to learn!" I look at him and he looked unsure. Rubbing the back of his neck but soon he sighs.

"Maybe, One of these days." I nod.

Better than a no.

The sky grew dark from the clouds and I feel a few drops on my skin. I smile up at the sky as I love the rain.

"Oh, no.." I hear wally mutters.

"Do you not like the rain?" I ask. His pace picks up.

"It ruins my hair!" He says and I start to laugh. He looks at me confused as I begin to wipe away tears.

"How is that funny?" He asks and I look at him.

"Does it matter if your hair is down?"

"Of course!" The rain starts to get worse and wallys hair starts to come undone but he doesn't notice.

"I can assure you it doe- Ah!" I gasp as he takes my arm out of no where. He holds it up alarmed.

"You're still bleeding! It wasn't just a small scrape!" He looks worried and I look at my bleeding arm. He's right, Blood was still flowing and it looked like it was more than just a small scrape but I shrug.

"Huh..." I mutter. The rain was at full swing but neither of us really payed much attention.

"Let's go back to my home." He says seriously and I shake my head.

"I'll be fin-" I begin to pull away but he holds me firmly.

"Don't fight me." His voice hard as he looks at me, His smile gone and his hair was fully down now. The dark sky only enhanced how serious he was.

"Oh, A-Alright."I stutter and he pulls me along as we sped walked back to his home.

I wonder why he cares so much.....

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro