Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Akshara's POV

"Now you must be happy, right?" His voice pierced the air, laced with bitterness and accusation. "Finally, you're happy that our son lost his life. Go and shower your love on your beloved daughter and her father!" His words struck me like a blow, each syllable carrying the weight of his pain and resentment.

"Abhi," I cried out his name, my voice trembling with anguish. How could he say such things? The pain of losing our son was already unbearable, but to be blamed for his death was a torment beyond measure.The weight of his accusations crushed me, each word carving deeper into my already shattered heart.

"I have lost my son," I choked out, struggling to contain the flood of emotions threatening to overwhelm me. "I can't express how painful it is for me. I regret every moment that I wasn't able to protect him."

"It's all your fault," he seethed, his voice laced with venom. "You chose your daughter over my son, and now because of you, he is no more. How could you let your son be killed?" His words pierced through me like a dagger, leaving me reeling from the intensity of his anger. "I hate you, Akshara, I hate you. I will never forgive you, never."

As I entered the room, the familiar sight of Abhi lying motionless in his hospital bed greeted me. With a heavy heart, I took a seat beside him, gently clasping his hand in mine. "Abhi," I began softly, uncertainty lacing my words. "I don't know if you can hear me, but I need to tell you something. Today, your business partner, Parth, came to visit you."

A pang of unease prickled at the back of my mind as I spoke his name, the memory of our previous encounter still fresh in my thoughts. "He wants to move you to a foreign hospital," I continued, my voice tinged with apprehension. "But I don't know if it's the right decision. I don't trust him, Abhi. Something doesn't feel right." A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I struggled to articulate my fears to Abhi, unsure if my words would ever reach him.

Just then, a gentle knock echoed through the room, interrupting my one-sided conversation. Turning towards the door, I watched as a nurse entered, her expression solemn yet composed. "Ma'am," she began softly, "Inspector Veerpratap is here to visit you."

As I entered the waiting room, my heart pounded with anticipation, knowing that Inspector Veerpratap was there to discuss the ongoing investigation into my husband's accident. His formal greeting as I took a seat across from him did little to ease the tension that hung thick in the air.

"Hello, Mrs. Birla," he began, his tone serious and businesslike. As I took a seat opposite him, he wasted no time in getting to the heart of the matter. "I won't beat around the bushes. When your husband's accident occurred, I personally inspected the site. From the damage to the vehicle, it seemed as though it had been pushed by another vehicle from behind. I awaited the forensic report to shed light on the type of vehicle involved, but upon receiving it, I found discrepancies between the evidence submitted and the report."

His words sent a chill down my spine, and I listened intently as he continued to unravel the unsettling truth. "As I attempted to delve deeper into the matter, I unexpectedly received a transfer order to another city. However, one thing is abundantly clear: your husband's accident was not a mere case of reckless driving, but rather a potential attempt on his life."

His revelation hit me like a bolt of lightning, sending shockwaves through my entire being. The implication that Abhi's accident may have been a deliberate act of harm left me reeling with disbelief and fear.

"To be frank, Mrs. Birla, you are also on my list of suspects," Inspector Veerpratap admitted, his words hanging heavily in the air. "But I want to assure you that I am committed to uncovering the truth. My transfer may have been sudden, but it doesn't mean I'll abandon this investigation."

From the moment I received the news of Abhi's accident, my thoughts have been consumed by his well-being. It never crossed my mind that the incident might be more than just a tragic accident—it could be an attempt on his life. Abhimanyu had been living in Canada for the past few years, and it was only recently that he returned. I hadn't even known he was back until I saw the news of his accident on television. The realization that someone may have intentionally harmed him sent a shiver down my spine.

"Inspector, I'm fully committed to assisting you in any way I can. I want the truth to come to light," I assured him, my voice laced with determination. I needed answers, and I was willing to cooperate fully with the investigation.

"Do you have any suspicions about who might be responsible?" he inquired, his gaze fixed on me expectantly.

The question prompted a flood of thoughts and emotions. Despite my initial reluctance, Parth's name surfaced in my mind, albeit fleetingly. I quickly dismissed the notion, convinced that he had no motive to harm Abhi. However, there were others—individuals whose lives we had inadvertently crossed in our quest to escape poverty. The Sharmas, in particular, held both the means and the motive to manipulate evidence and influence the course of the investigation.

"I... I don't know," I replied hesitantly, uncertainty lacing my words as I grappled with the weight of Inspector Veer's inquiry.

His gaze bore into mine, unwavering and intense, as he urged me to be forthcoming. "You must be honest with me if we're to uncover the truth and ensure the safety of your husband," he insisted, his tone firm yet empathetic. "If this was indeed a murder attempt, there's a possibility that he may be targeted again. So, we need to explore every lead, no matter how uncertain."

As his words reverberated in the room, my mind raced, assembling fragments of information and suspicions that had been swirling in my thoughts. "Abhinav... Abhinav Sharma," I finally uttered, the name carrying weight as I disclosed the troubling connection. "He was admitted to a mental asylum after... after he killed Abhimanyu and my son, Abhir. He lost his mental balance and was confined to the asylum following the incident. However, he has since recovered, and I've heard that he's been released on bail, now residing at his estate."

I continued, my voice tinged with uncertainty. "The Sharma family, they possess the means to manipulate evidence and wield influence over authorities."

As I voiced my suspicions, a tumult of conflicting emotions roiled within me. Despite the gravity of the accusations, and horrors of our shared past a part of me hesitated to believe that Abhinav could be capable of such heinous acts. Could he truly have attempted to take Abhi's life as well?

Yet, in the face of mounting evidence and Inspector Veer's unwavering determination to uncover the truth, I knew that I couldn't afford to ignore anything as unimportant or impossible.

As Inspector Veerpratap urged me to be forthcoming with any information that could shed light on Abhi's accident, I took a deep breath, steeling myself to reveal my deepest suspicions.

"Today, Abhi's business partner, Parth Goswami, visited him at the hospital," I began, my voice trembling slightly with uncertainty.

"He requested the hospital to transfer Abhi to another facility, citing concerns for his well-being. While there's no concrete reason to doubt his intentions, something about him gives me a negative vibe."

I could sense Inspector Veer's keen interest as I relayed this information, his expression inscrutable as he absorbed the implications of Parth's sudden involvement in Abhimanyu's care.

"I've also been considering hiring bodyguards to protect Abhi," I confessed, my voice tinged with apprehension. "Given the possibility of another attack, I want to ensure his safety."

Inspector Veer nodded in agreement, his eyes reflecting a steely resolve. "We'll need to proceed with caution," he cautioned, his tone grave. "The culprit may already be on high alert, and any misstep could jeopardize our efforts to uncover the truth.The bodyguards will need to operate discreetly, blending in with their surroundings to avoid drawing attention." he cautioned, his voice low and measured. "If the culprit suspects that the investigation is ongoing, they might take drastic measures to cover their tracks."

As we discussed the logistics of implementing covert security measures, I couldn't shake the gnawing sense of unease that lingered in the air. Despite my efforts to be forthcoming, I couldn't shake the feeling that Inspector Veer harbored doubts about my own involvement in the case.But I pushed it aside, focusing instead on the promise that he would continue to investigate Abhi's case diligently. With a heavy heart, I watched as he departed, knowing that the truth lay shrouded in darkness, waiting to be uncovered.

A/N

Thank you all for reading my story! If you enjoyed this chapter, please click the vote button and share your thoughts in the comments.

I truly appreciate everyone who voted and commented on the previous chapter, thank you so much everyone.

I'll be offline for a few weeks starting next week, so I plan to update at least one chapter for each of my ongoing stories this week. In the meantime, feel free to explore my other completed books.

Thank you for your support, and take care!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro