11 | well isn't this just cozy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You trapped her in the house?" Stefan asked in surprise.

"It's for the best. Trust me. Elena is on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits. You should be glad the witch and I are even getting along," Damon held up the bag he walked in with, "I brought you guys this."

"Care package: candles, lanterns and…" Damon trailed off before showing a bottle of blood, "lunch."

"Give that to us and we're just gonna have to share it with her."

Damon looked over at Katherine who stood a few feet away, "Yeah…"

"You two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan," Katherine pointed out.

"I've been dead before. I got over it," Damon stated before facing Stefan and I, "Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out."

"Don't worry about us," I said, "Just make sure Elena's safe."

"Yeah, yeah…" Damon spoke and I turned to Stefan who nodded before walking away with Katherine trailing behind him like a lost puppy.

"How are you holding up?" Damon questioned.

"If I could chew my own eardrums out, I would," I said with a faux smile, "I'm holding up just fine. Makes sure everyone's priority is on the moonstone and nothing else."

Damon watched me for a moment before nodding, "Got it."

"Elena is safe?"

"Elena is safe," he reassured me.

"Okay, now go, go figure everything out and save my sister."

He exited the tomb and I made my way back into the cave.

"I'm surprised you left them alone," Katherine inquired, "I would have thought you would have stayed with how you feel about her after all."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked in exasperation.

"Oh it's so obv-" Snap.

Her body dropped to the floor with a satisfying thud and Stefan looked up at me.

"What?" I asked, "She was getting annoying. Plus, it's not like she's dead, dead. She'll be up soon enough."

He looked down at Katherine's body and sighed, "We should probably talk about it."

"Hmm?" I asked as I slid down the wall and sat, Stefan joining me a moment later.

"About what I know you remembered when you turned. You can barely look me in the eyes," he turned to look at me but my eyes remained trained on my hands.

"I know what I told you and you know what I told you," Stefan continued, not waiting for my response. "I shouldn't have said anything, the only reason I did was because I knew I could take it back. You were never supposed to become a vampire. You were never actually supposed to know."

I looked up at him, "And that's supposed to make it better? That I was never supposed to know? You can't just take people's memories away! That's just not how life works! You say something and you own up to it even if the outcome isn't what you want."

"I know."

"Obviously not," I shook my head and stood up, "And Elena! What about Elena?"

"I love her, I do, I swear. I never meant for any of this to happen."

"I meant what I said when I first met you, I will hurt you if you hurt her."

"I know you will."

"Good."

Stefan nodded and we looked at each other for a moment.

"I've missed my best friend Stefan," I pointed out, "The avoiding each other? Me being afraid to talk to you because I didn't know what to say? I don't want that anymore."

"Neither do I."

"So then we're good? We can go back to normal?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, we're good."

"Oh thank god!" I shouted in relief before pulling him into a brief platonic hug.

There was suddenly a gasp that came from the floor causing me to jump.

Katherine sat up and turned to me, a new level of anger written on her face.

"You!" she practically growled and Stefan stepped in front of me protectively, "You stupid little bitch!"

There was a noise that came from the entrance and the three approached it cautiously, putting the fighting on hold.

"I killed you," I pointed out with furrowed brows.

"It's a little harder than that," he responded before turning to a frightened Katherine.

"Good evening Katerina. Thank you for having the good sense to be frightened."

He then turned to Stefan and I, "Your release has been requested."

"What? By who?"

"The lovely Elena drives a hard bargain. However, we reached a peaceful agreement, she and I. Please," he said before gesturing for Stefan and I to exit the tomb, "Come."

"We can't."

"Yes, you can. I've had the spell lifted."

Stefan and I approach cautiously before exiting. We turned back to find Katherine rushing to the exit but getting trapped by the barrier.

"As for you however," Eleijah compelled Katherine, "you should not exit until I say so. When Klaus comes, he'll want to know exactly where you are."

He then turned to Stefan and I, "You're free to go. Elena will explain the arrangement to you. If she keeps her word, I'll keep mine."

Elijah then exited the tomb and Katherine began her begging, "Stefan, no. Please don't let him leave me here."

"Goodbye Katherine," Stefan shook his head before walking out of the tomb.

I smirked with satisfaction, "See you on the other side Petrova."

-

“Yo, Salvatore!” I shouted as I opened the door to his room to find him talking to Rose. “Oh, hey…”

Rose looked from Damon to me and Damon was just looking at me.

“I see Elena’s plan worked,” Damon said, standing up.

“Uh, yeah, I just came by to let you know we're out and Katherine is still in. I’m going to go talk to Elena about whatever this deal entails,” I nodded, looking at Rose one last time before walking out.

I heard a muffled conversation coming from downstairs but I ignored, biting my tongue to stop myself from crying. I’m probably overreacting. Maybe nothing was happening, maybe it was just bad timing.

She wasn’t wearing a shirt, that annoying voice she tried to keep out reminded her.

Maybe it’s just a weird friend thing that I’ve never heard of.

“Evelyn!” the one person I didn’t feel like talking to shouted.

“Yes,” I said without turning around, if I looked at him I would make a fool of myself.

“You don’t have to leave,” Damon pointed out.

He’s just trying to make up for the fact that he had someone else in his bed, the voice echoed around in my mind. I pushed it back and slowly turned to face him.

“I have things I need to do Damon, I don’t have time for this.”

“Nothing was going on in there,” he explained, “She got bit by a werewolf.”

He’s lying to you. Stop it.

“Tyler?” I questioned.

“No, Jules. She was coming for me, I pissed her off.”

Yet another person who doesn’t like him. What a surprise. Stop talking.

“Who’s Jules?” I asked with furrowed brows, combing through my memories of a ‘Jules.’

“She came into town looking for Mason, she’s a werewolf. Mason’s been officially declared missing.”

He’s trying to distract you from Rose. Please, stop.

“Is Rose going to be okay?”

“No idea, this is new territory.”

“Well I hope she’s okay,” I nodded, “I have to go.”

“Evi-”

“Whatever is going on between you two is your business, okay?” I commented calmly, “We never established if we were anything. You’re free to do what you want with who you want.”

Oh who are you kidding? You told him you loved him and he said it back. You were something. “Shut up!” I shouted, placing my hands on my head, “Just leave me alone, please leave me alone…”

“Evelyn?” Elena spoke up from behind me, a worried look plastered on her face, an identical one on Stefan and Damon’s face.

“I-I have to go,” I shook my head before vamp speeding out with no idea how to get myself out of this one.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro