01. Homecoming Celebration

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As the sun dipped above the horizon, painting the sky in hues of gold and crimson, the princess of Ahichhatra set foot upon familiar soil, the echoes of time echoed through her soul.

Nitiksha smiled, her heart swelling with joy and happiness as she stepped into her childhood home. The familiar faces and sounds embraced her, giving her a sense of belonging that she yearned for. The grand gates of the palace were open wide, the magnificent courtyard was adorned with vibrant flowers, the sweet scent of happiness lingered everywhere. Her eyes sparkled more, as she saw her father, the King of Ahichhatra standing at the entrance, a small happy tear in his eyes.

"Pitashree," Nitiksha smiled, fighting through happy tears as she was enveloped in his warm embrace. Swarnsheel's eyes were shining with pride, with his voice brimming with affection, he said, "Welcome home, my child."

"Niti," Nitiksha turned, a few steps stood her brother, Saarthak, a broad smile adorning his face. As the sibling's eyes met, an spoken bond of sibling love passed between them. Nitiksha couldn't help but feel a surge of gratitude for her family, who had supported her every step of the way.

Nitiksha looked either ways, trying to spot her mother figure. Saarthak who noticed it grinned widely, "Looking for Pritha Maa?" Over these years, Saarthak too started to look up to Pritha as a mother figure.

Nitiksha nodded, Saarthak whispered in her ears, "She has kept a lot of mannat today, you might probably see her in the evening." Nitiksha pouted, yearning to meet her mother.

Holding Nitiksha's hands, they reached the palace's grand hall, where their father, King Swarnsheel called for attention and announced, "Today, we celebrate the return of our beloved princess, Nitiksha." All the ministers and important people of the Kingdom were there in the audience, "We are organising a grand event in her honour, where she will showcase the skills she has acquired during her time away, as a testament to her growth and learning."

The courtiers erupted in applause, their joy resonating throughout the hall. Nitiksha's heart swelled with gratitude, feeling blessed to have such a warm and supportive family.

Later that day, several maids were preparing her for the event to be held at night, when Pritha joined in her chamber. Nitiksha jumped from her seat and dived into the warm embrace of the woman who cradled her with love and joy.

With happy tears in her eyes, Nitiksha looked at the woman, a lot of her hair had turned grey, she had grown thin, but as usual, her gentle presence had brought a sense of calm to Nitiksha's racing thoughts.

Prtiha would be lying if she didn't like bursting out with happiness anytime soon, seeing her daughter after several years, there was nothing more happy and joyous to her in this lifetime.

Nitiksha's beauty was ethereal, and almost unreal. As if, it defied the norms, with a velvety dark complexion that had a radiant charm, golden hair like the threads of sun, the lotus shaped eyes in the hues of coppery red appeared like they held all the secrets of the universe.

As graceful as a swan, there was an aura of regal confidence that commanded attention, she was like a Queen ruling over her realm with an innate majesty; Yet there was a warmth that radiated from her, her eyes carrying kindness and touching the hearts of those fortunate enough to bask in her glow.

Pritha sighed, a mere dot of black kohl behind Nitiksha's ear wouldn't probably ward off the evil spirits, especially after today's announcement. Seeing a worried expression, Nitiksha began, her voice tinged with curiosity, "I can sense there is something on your mind. Is there something you wish to share with me?"

Pritha smiled, her eyes filled with a mix of love and wisdom. "My dear Nitiksha, marriage is a sacred bond that holds great significance in our lives. Your father may soon approach you to discuss the possibility of finding a suitable groom for you."

Nitiksha's brows furrowed slightly, her mind filled with conflicting emotions. She had always dreamed of marrying for love. A vision of a man with kind eyes and a gentle smile appeared in her mind, and she felt a pang of disappointment that he wasn't a part of her life yet.

Pritha sensed her inner turmoil and reached out to hold Nitiksha's hands. "Remember, my dear, marriage can be a beautiful union when built on trust, respect, and shared values. Love has its own way of blossoming. Keep an open heart, and you may find that destiny weaves a tapestry beyond your wildest dreams."

Nitiksha took a deep breath, absorbing Pritha's words of wisdom. She knew that her confidante spoke from her own experiences and with the best intentions for her happiness.

"I understand, Maa," Nitiksha said, a confused look in her eyes. "But why are you telling this to me?"

"Your father might announce today-" Pritha started, "-that valourous men, who desire to seek your hand in marriage may start sending their proposals."

Nitiksha sighed, she knew that she was of age now- and turning down any proposals would mean a lot of political conflict.

It was time for Nitiksha to enter the arena, as she stepped onto the stage the crowd erupted in applause, their cheers filling the air. She walked with grace, as if blessing the moon who had the honour of glowing her skin.

As the grand event unfolded, Nitiksha took centre stage, captivating the audience with her talents. With each word she spoke, her wits and wisdom shone through, weaving a tapestry of knowledge and enlightenment. Her command over the Vedas was evident, effortlessly reciting verses that resonated with divine grace.

But it was in the realm of poetry that Nitiksha truly mesmerised. With eloquence and lyrical prowess, she crafted verses that danced upon the air, carrying the weight of profound emotions and intricate thoughts.

When Nitiksha's performance came to a close, the hall resonated with thunderous applause and admiration. Her family beamed with pride, their love for her evident in their eyes. Nitiksha felt a surge of joy, knowing that her efforts had brought happiness to her loved ones.

As the celebration moved forward, the young princess relished every moment, cherishing the love and support she received from her family and her people. As the final part of the celebrations approached, Nitiksha found herself sitting by the palace gardens, the moon casting a gentle glow upon her. Her mind wandered back to her conversation with Pritha, contemplating the path that lay before her.

"Dear Moon," Nitiksha whispered, "guide me through the uncertainties of love and life. Let me be courageous in embracing the journey that awaits."

Just then, her father approached, a thoughtful expression on his face. Nitiksha's heart skipped a beat as she anticipated the conversation that was about to unfold.

"Nitiksha, my child," King Swarnsheel began, seated next to her, he said with his voice filled with love, "I have noticed your growth, your wisdom, and your grace. Soon, I shall seek your consent to start looking for the possibilities of finding a worthy partner for you."

Nitiksha's eyes met her father's, and she smiled, feeling a newfound sense of acceptance and trust. "Pitashree," she replied, her voice filled with warmth, "I shall honour your wishes and embrace the journey with an open heart."

Swarnsheel smiled, "Then allow me to announce it to everyone," He said.

Nitiksha nodded, "But Pitashree, there are a lot of Kshtriyas in the entire Aryavart, and many shall be sending their proposals. To select one and reject them all- It would create an atmosphere of uncertainty."

Swarnsheel listened to her, knowing she would have a solution to offer as well, "Then what do you suggest?"

"That I have a condition, only the men who can fulfil this condition can send their proposal."

"And what is the condition?"

◆━━━━━━▣✦▣━━━━━━━◆

How was the chapter?
Do let me know in comments!

Guess what will be Nitiksha's condition? 

*whispers* a hint- it is NOT related to archery *wink*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro