15.Shadow of Tomorrow

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I was lost in my worries when someone knocked at the door.

The person entered the room and I got pleased to see him.

Frankly speaking, I felt light as I found someone to share my worries after Simple and Chulbul. They are also angry with me as they think I am going crazy for Arpita's safe future. They think I should tell her everything and left the decision to her.

But how can I do it!

"Hey Avi where are you boy?" Ranvijay punched at my shoulder as I was lost in my thoughts.

"What! Oh nothing, am fine, what about you? When did you come back?"

I asked him without getting his words.

"Well, I just came back and thought to see you first as I have to congratulate you on your wedding. Sorry buddy couldn't reach for your wedding." and he hugged me.

"Ahh! let it be first you tell me how was your trip? And how about your case?"

"let it be!" he sounded surprised. And started to question me.

"Is there everything OK Avi you suppose to be angry with me when I called you last time, and now you are saying 'let it be'."

"Oh ya ya everything is fine, you first tell me about your trip and case how was it?"

"well, the trip was great, and I won the case as always." He took my chair as he always does.

"I was there to help a poor young widow, poor soul, her husband left all his property for her but his family was denying her to give a single penny. Just because She wants to start her life again with her childhood friend. I mean how can they do it! Her husband dies years ago and they want her to stay his widow for the rest of her life."

I looked at him there was a dignity and power in his eyes as in his words.

Yes! I think I found the one, but how should I say it to him.

RV-"Well now you tell me how is your life going. When can I meet Bhabhi (sister-in-law) ?"

I don't know what to say so I started it- "RV don't call her Bhabhi!"

RV was a bit shocked-" why? Just because I was unable to attend your wedding I can't call her Bh..".

"I said don't RV. We are getting separate, and you have to help me with it."

"What! Are you out of your mind Avi?, I know how much you loved her from the moment you saw her, Simple told me everything, then what is this?" He was shocked.

"I know that you know I love her, that's why I want your help, Thanx to Simple she didn't tell you everything, so I can explain it all to you... RV... I am dying and I don't want to see her at that place where you helped that woman about whom you were talking just a moment ago."

He was shocked by my words. Looking at me; as I said something weird.

RV-"stop your nonsense, Avi." And he hugged me as my bhaiya used to do when he found me hurt or worried about anything. That gesture of him assured me that I was not choosing the wrong guy for my life's (Arpi's) companion.

"No, you should stop RV, and let me complete first. It's true that I love Arpita and can't think to live without her even for a second but the fact is I am dying every second and I can't leave her alone after me, you know that women, She can do anything to her.

if I left her as my widow, and it will ruin her life too, so I want your help.

(He looked at me with tearful eyes but there were questions too, I know what he wants to know, and it's the toughest thing to do, to say for me.)

I want you to help her, support her after me.

(He was looking at me and it's like gulping acid to occur but I had to.)

I want you to marry her before my death."

"WHAT!" He just stepped back with wide-open eyes, I know he can't think of it but he has to do it.

"Avi tum... you are really in bad condition but you need some psychiatrist... you know that! How can you think of it, disgusting, How can you even think of it."

"I know, it's not easy for you. Then just think about me, but you have to do it for me, for our friendship, for my Arpita, and on top of all, for my Baby."

His eyes turned wider "what you mean you are going to be a father and you want your wife to marry someone else, and you find that someone in Me. Uhh for god sake Avi stop it now. And who told you that rubbish about your health, look at your self buddy you are just fine, let us go to Doc and have rechecked."

" What do you think RV? Am I enjoying all this? I have tried it many times each time same report, "Blood Cancer Positive" "Blood Cancer Positive" and every time it makes me realize that I can't live with her, it breaks me RV, Its hell am going through, I can't think her with anyone else, I love her, She is my life, but I can't RV, I can't stop thinking about it... look... you know what were her intentions when I throw her out of my life, She has only two obsessions, one is Money and... Me.

She hates Arpita and the only reason She hadn't done anything yet is that She knows I will not leave her alive if she dare to touch her, and once I will not exist anymore She will harm Arpita and my child for my property too. And if I divorce her and then left everything for my child then She can't do anything because you will be there to replace me."

"No one can replace you, Avi." He said gravely.

"Even in our lives then how can you think that anyone can replace you in Arpita's life, and what about her?
Is she ready to give your place to anyone else, and tell me one thing, why didn't you accepted Bhauji after Bhaiya?" he asked angrily.

"RV what are you saying? How can I do that, She was my Bhiya's wife, I saw her as Bhauji, and placed her next to Amma."

"That's my question, Avi! How can I do this? Arpita is your wife, so this way She is my Bhauji, how can you think of it?"
He had his reasons but I had to convince him.

"RV please try to understand my situation plz, that was a different case and here I am talking about a different thing, look you never met her, even She don't know anything about you, you have to help me RV, please for our friendship, I want her to hate me, so that's how She can replace me with someone who will give her support and love both. And I want you to be that someone RV. Just go to her talk to her and convince her that I am a bad guy and I never deserved her, if you want I can make it easy for you."

I wrote a letter to her, I tried to be harsh and cold as much as I can without crying because RV was continuously gazing at me in furry.

"Arpita,

I know you must be wondering why I am not coming home, but I don't think you need to think anything in this regard. As I told you, I want Divorce Ranvijay will explain it all to you,

And it's not that I didn't think about you, it may sound rude but I talked to Ranvijay and He agrees with my proposal. He is a good guy He will marry you, and take good care of you.

I know I don't have any right to decide your destiny but as I saw how childish you were in your decisions like continuing the pregnancy. I thought It's my moral responsibility to suggest you a good name for your future companion.

I don't have much to say, just sign the papers and trust me you will have everything, which you deserve. Let us live our lives as we want.

Avdhesh."

RV-"Avi am getting what you are trying to do for her but you are not getting me. It's not that easy as you are thinking, You loves her and She is carrying your baby, can you ever think to see her with anyone else? What will be your condition when your blood will call someone else "Dad" how will you handle your self when your love will be with someone else, even if that someone will be me."
His words raised a pang somewhere in my soul but I had to be unaffected.

"Please RV, I don't want to face that hell before I am assured of their safety and happiness, And as far about my baby, I don't know even I can see her or him or not, just give my love to my baby and my Arpita too." and a tear rolled down from my eye silently.

RV "Ok Avi if you want me to do this I will do this but not because I think you are right or something else, just because I want to see what will She do? You love her so much that you can hurt yourself for her secure future let's see if She deserves it or not."

"What does that mean now? RV what's going on your mind?"
His words threatened me a bit.

RV-"It's simple Avi, Why do you hate Bhauji? Just because She wants you or it is because She forget Bade Bhaiya in few days for you! I am sure the second one is the main reason."

"So... why are you asking all this now?"
I was puzzled.

"If Arpita accepts this, then it will mean She is not so different from Bhauji, I will marry her but will hate her whole life, just because it will give you happiness."

And he left with that letter, while I was trying to stop him to calm down.

He left me alone in anger, after him Simple, chulbul and whole staff left one by one as they all have someone waiting for them and a home where they can share love and affection and their feelings but today I can't because if now I saw Arpita I don't think I will be able to hide my feelings, my love for her.

I have fixed it all, now I can't spoil it; all just because I want to hug her, just because without her I can't feel alive, just because I can't think of her with someone else even when Its Ranvijay whom I choose for her.

I sat back to my chair, closed my eyes, and tried to sleep for some time but as I closed my eyes and felt the silence of the night.

I felt how deeply I need to hear her breath next to me... how much my arms were carving to hold her... how much my heart want to feel her beats. I felt as something warm rolled down on my temple...yes the thought of living without her was making me restless and sweat even in that Air-conditioned cabin I got up and opened the window.

I tried again to sleep without feeling her, suddenly a thought of tomorrow struck my mind, if everything goes well ...soon Arpita,...My Arpita will be Ranvijay's life partner, his wife, his better half, he will be her husband, and he will have all right's on her, including to love her.

what I want from him... but how can I think to bear his hand on her... around her waist... on her shoulders; how will I bear it when I will be alone in that room where at present time I use to hold her whole nights... to sleep well, I hold the arms of the chair tightly, and closed my eyes more tightly to stop imagining all this... but all my attempts were vain, I opened my eyes and tried to start some file work but it seems too late now.

I already witnessed the future and it will happen one day, now I can't change it, in those files I can see my Arpita in his arms, on the same bed, her eyes were full of tears.

and she said to me,

"I hate myself to love you Avdhesh Ji, but I still can't stop loving you."

and RV stopped her words by kissing her lips passionately, I can't bear that thought and don't know when I broke that pen in my hand...I realized it when the whole file turned red with my blood as it pierced my palm and blood oozed out. In that redness of blood, My Arpita's tear full eyes disappeared. And I realized fact that it's all were my imagination, but the fact remains the same, it will happen one day so it's better if she hates me and start her life happily, I will bear all these thoughts and pain alone but not let her know about it ever.

So what if I have to go through this hell every night after their marriage.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

This is all for this part.
Please let me know if you liked it or not. Thanks for reading.

Jo...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro