Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The ride there was amazingly fast. Lucas shifted the gears smoothly, all the lights were green, and they never had to slow down. The ride there would take a least thirty minutes, but this time it took them half of the time.

One of the adults in the car was pissed, the other was excited, and the other was focused. Can you guess who was who?

Well, Klaus was pissed because he was finally off his high and he couldn't find any more drugs in his jacket. Ben was elastic of the quick driving and the rolled windows, which by the way, was making Klaus complain that they were going too fast and the wind was messing up his hair. Lucas was focused on the road and didn't really hear Klaus comments.

But the one thing they had in common was their desire to get their money back. They pulled up in the parking lot next to the party, an abandoned apartment with rainbow light filtering through the curtains. The group could already hear the music from outside, 'Poor neighbors.' Luke thought.
_
It was now that Ben was rethinking this. Luke didn't have to do this for them, hell he didn't have to give them any type of attention, he could have reported them at the very beginning. 'He could get hurt.' Ben thought, he quickly glanced at Luke ready to tell him that he didn't have to do this but only to see he was already walking to the party.

'Shit. There's no going back now. I couldn't even tell him anyway because I'm- no don't think of that Ben. Just get information from him, this could be the perfect time.' I ran after the two and got ready.
_
When Luke walked into the party he wasn't surprised to see Klaus try to walk off and get high but he grabbed him before he could run off.

"Come on Klaus business first then play," Klaus grunted.

"Fine fine." Luke fished in his pocket and placed something on his face.

"Follow me." Klaus had to take a double look at Luke. What Klaus saw was making him high as hell without even taking drugs. Luke was wearing a gas mask. 

Luke whispered under his breath, "Lady Luck take the wheel."

The next few hours were a complete blur. Luke won every poker game. He got way more money than Klaus ever won in years. The commotion from the poker games actually made the DJ stop playing. The music wasn't playing and the tension was high. Green paper and gold necklaces were piled up. There were even car keys in the middle of the glorious treasure.

The whole crowd was watching. The man with the gas mask, Luke, with the biggest pile. Klaus was watching from behind while telling Ben to get the other players cards.
_

"Three clubs, one King, and two diamonds."

It was going so well. One of the men pushed his remaining money and smirked. Ben walked around and saw that he had no good cards. He called out to Klaus and said,
"He doesn't have anything good. Don't go for it." Klaus would then tap Lucas's shoulder once, twice or three times. Once for 'bluff', twice for 'truth', and three for 'destroy him'. Plus almost none of the others would actually have a good deck.

Lucas' hand was great. A royal flush he could use to right there and then but he waited. And Ben knew why. The man who took their money was right in front of them. Scared. Lucas definitely looked scary as fuck. His gray jacket covered most of his black shirt that had unknown red stains (strawberry jam), his black gas mask covered his whole face and the glass was tinted black as well, his hood covered his wavy brown hair.

Lucas said nothing the whole game. The man in front of them folded. They won. Lucas stayed in. Just one other guy playing for the whole win. Ben ran to check him. He had four of a kind.

"Four of a kind, beat his ass, Lucas." Klaus tapped Lucas shoulder three times.

One.
Two.
Three.

The first time Lucas spoke in this club was now.

"Royal flush." Lucas showed his cards and watched the look of defeat on the other man's face. He folded. Ben smiled.

The crowd went crazy. Lucas won the whole pot. They were given a bag to take the money. They got so much they could possibly buy a house. It was crazy.

Crazily lucky luck.

Sup kids. This is another chapter and I just wanted to say please tell me if the grammar is wrong at any point.

Fun fact: I have 6 cats, 4 dogs, and 2 guinea pigs.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro