« 28 »

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

[ANGELICA'S POV]

I jolted upright, breathing heavily as I looked at the groups of doctors and nurses sitting around me. My vision was blurry and I could hardly see what was going on. All I saw were blinding lights and shadows that represented people.

The doctor in my face had a defibrillator in both of his hands.

I... Died?

The heart monitor began beeping and pulsing as I inhaled huge breaths.

"She's up!" One of the nurses yelled as they began plugging in different medications to the IV.

"W-What's going on...?" I whispered drowsily.

"Just close your eyes for a minute..." The doctor spoke as the nurses began packing up the equipment. I followed instructions, sealing my eyes shut before carefully opening them again.

Everything was clear.

"Aright, Sweetheart, what's your name?" One of the nurses asked as everyone else left.

"A-Angelica Hess..." I mumbled, looking down at my shaky hands as they began losing a pale tint and turning back to their tanner shade.

"How old are you?" She continued.

"Sevent-teen..." I breathed out.

"Alrighty. Can you stand?" She asked while outstretching a hand for me. I grabbed it and rose to my feet.

I still felt a little weak.

"Good! Now try walking," She pipes while unhooking me from all the machinery and pointing to the wall on the opposite side of the room.

I walked perfectly.

Like I hadn't just been dead.

"Why, Angelica, you've made a flawless recovery..." She breathed out while looking at me with a small smile. I nodded as she handed me a pair of clothes that Toast had brought me earlier.

"You're free to go..." She spoke as I smiled and nodded.

I snatched the clothes out of her hand and sprinted to the bathroom, changing when I realized something.

He doesn't know I'm awake. Let alone alive.

I threw on the combat boots before handing the nurse the gown.

"Thank you so much..." I whispered as she nodded and smiled, helping me out of the hospital.

"Do you need a ride anywhere?" She asked as I shook my head.

"No, but thanks," I spoke as she nodded.

Then I was off.

I jogged for a solid fifteen minutes to get back to Toast's apartment, not knowing how this was gonna turn out.

They saw me dead. I wasn't breathing. And I knew that Jimmy Casket wasn't willing to take this lightly.

I glanced around the brick structure, seeing the fire escape that led up to my window. I smirked as I quietly climbed the steel steps, making it to my window as I slid open the glass.

This was a lot worse than I thought it'd be.

He was hunched over on my bed, tears streaming down his cheeks. Soft sobs escaping his throat.

I carefully stepped inside the building, not knowing I had caused this much pain. To a single individual.

I approached him, seeing that he didn't even have the energy to look up. I felt a tear drip down my cheek at the sight of him like this. I crouched down in front of him, placing my hands on his knees.

"J-Jimmy...?" I whispered softly, making his sobs abruptly stop.

His head slowly looked up at me, his eyes pitch black and full of tears. The longer he stared, the more tears fell.

"A-Angel...?" He choked out softly as I nodded, feeling liquid beginning to drip from my eyes as well. 

He jumped up of the mattress and wrapped me in a tight hug, sobbing into my shoulder.

"Y-you were dead... You weren't breathing an-and you were gone..." He choked out as I started crying as well.

"I know... I'm sorry..." I whispered as he tightened his grip.

"N-No! I-I'm just so glad you're back..." He whispered, still crying as I rubbed his back, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah... Yeah I'm back... And I'm not going anywhere... I absolutely promise..." I breathed out against his ear.

He picked me up off the ground as I wrapped my legs around his waist and he clung onto me tighter. My hands were wrapped around his neck as we kept our bodies close. We were scared. Both of us terrified. Because we discovered that within the blink of an eye, you could lose everything.

"G-Good... Because I can't go on without you, Angelica... I-It's too difficult and I just don't want to... I need you..." He cried out as I smiled sadly.

"I need you, too..." I whispered, keeping a tight hold on him.

About an hour later, the crying had finally stopped. He sat down on the bed before helping me lay down and placing my head in his lap.

He began to run his fingers through my hair while glaring into my eyes.

"Are you gonna sleep...?" I asked quietly.

"Absolutely not..." He responded, caressing my cheek.

"But don't worry about me... I'll be fine..." I whispered while leaning down and placing his lips against mine.

"Goodnight, Angel..." He whispered as I smiled.

"Goodnight, Jimmy..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro