« 8 »

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I left the office, Spooker and Toast told me to leave early, which I really wasn't looking forward to doing. Jimmy wanted to talk to me, and I didn't want to talk to him.

I glared down at the floor, not wanting to look around in fear of seeing Jimmy.

"Are you avoiding me?" His voice spoke from right behind me as I didn't even look up.

"Can you blame me?" I asked as he grabbed my shoulders and stopped me, then walked in front of me.

He placed his finger under my chin, pushing my face up to stare at his.

"Don't hide your face from me," He mumbled, getting super close to me, making me take a step back.

"Why not?" I asked as he smirked.

"Feisty, aren't you..." He mumbled as I narrowed my eyes on him.

"I'm gonna ask you again... What the hell do you want?!" I yelled as he rolled his eyes.

"Oh please. I know you're not dumb," He groaned as I arched an eyebrow.

"I wouldn't consider myself dumb... But, I mean, my brother is more intelligent than I am..." I said with a shrug, now playing dumb.

He rolled his eyes in annoyance before bringing his focus back to me.

"Johnny Toast... Let me tell you something about him. He likes playing follow the leader. And he doesn't like to play the leader..." Jimmy said while smirking at me.

I sighed, knowing that I needed to get passed him, but I wasn't sure how.

"You and Johnny Ghost? I want to hear the story behind how that madness went down," I spoke, looking at his red eyes.

"Ghost? Oh... You summed it up to the best of my ability. Madness..." Jimmy said, squinting as he looked up at the sun.

"It's so fucking bright out here... I don't understand how you 'normal' people deal with it," He complained as I rolled my eyes.

"Simple, really. Don't stare directly at it. And actually try adapting to the light rather than constantly sneaking around in the dark," I stated with a shrug as I kept walking.

And he kept following.

"So... Do you and Toast get along well?" I asked the murderer that was walking beside me.

"Nope... Not even in the slightest," He stated as I nodded.

"Honestly, if you would've said anything else I would've been surprised," I commented as he nodded.

"So you can bet your life savings on the fact that he'd kill me if he found us talking," He stated as I nodded.

"I would agree with that," I whispered as we both looked over at the apartment next to us where a loud shriek was heard.

"What the hell was that?" I asked as he shook his head.

"Okay, Doll... You head home. Be safe. I'll come see you in a bit," Jimmy said as he took off into the building as I wrapped my arms tightly around myself, helping me deal with the cold.

I had this feeling that I needed to get out of there. If a murderer tells you to run, you better run!

"Who's she?" I heard a voice ask from the house as I put my head down and started walking quicker.

My hair was being carried by the wind as I sped walked home.

The sky was dull. The streets were empty, like always. Then, a drop of water landed on my nose. I jumped a bit, but shook my head when I realized what it was.

The small droplets of water continued to drizzle from the sky as I kept walking home.

I ran through the door of the house, slamming the door closed and crashing on the couch while letting out a sigh.

"What the hell is happening?" I whispered to myself, staring at the ceiling fan. Making the same rotations over and over again. There was no end to it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, throwing my backpack on the island and stomping up the stairs.

I walked into my room, eyes widening as a pair of lips quickly introduced themselves to mine. I pushed the person back, causing them to stumble back and fall as I fell against Johnny's door.

So, here we are. Murderer laying on the floor in my room, and myself in my brother's room.

"Jimmy Casket doesn't have feelings..." I muttered to myself, eyes sealed shut as I slowly opened them, spotting him staring at me.

"That's rude..." He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting.

"What? You gonna cry about it?" I asked as he let out a chuckle.

"I've never cried before in my life..." He howled, staring at my eyes as I glared back at his.

Red. Like the color humans and animals leak when they get a cut. The color of an intense flame. The shade of roses, pretty, but hurt if you attempt to touch them. The color associated with evil. The color associated with him.

"I don't believe that for a second..." I grumbled as he smirked.

"Of course you don't. Because I'm not 'normal'. I'm an emotionless killing machine, right?" He asked as I suddenly saw him... Differently?

My eyes softened when I looked at him. He didn't seem as annoying. As frustrating. I didn't, necessarily, have the urge to strangle him.

He just seemed... Misunderstood...

I felt bad for him. Everyone sees him the same way. While, yes, he kills people for a living, which gives you a pretty damn good reason not to trust him, but if he was gonna kill me... Wouldn't he have just done it already?

"No..." I whispered softly as he looked up at me, sheer shock on his face.

"I'm sorry... What?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I don't see someone who tells me to stay safe and who protects me to be a killer," I spoke in a hushed tone.

He stared at me like I was speaking another language. Which, to him, I probably was.

Kindness.

He looked around awkwardly before crawling over and sitting directly in front of me instead of across the hall. He titled his head at me, almost as if he was trying to locate where exactly I hit my head to be saying this stuff.

"Then open your eyes, Hun..." He whispered placing a long kiss on my lips. I was amazed with myself when I kissed back. But yet... I enjoyed it? I think?

Am I... In love with a killer?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro