Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Roman sat opposite me at the table, the two others had left. "You know I can offer you protection," he said. 

"Protection?" I asked.

"Yes, I can make sure no one hurts you again," he said.

"How would you do that?" I inquired.

"Work for me. Work in the club." He said. 

"Work for you?" I asked.

"Yes, serve drinks and look pretty," he said. I tapped my fingers against the tables as I thought. "No one will harm you," he repeated.

"Deal," I said and shook his hand. 

"Good, I love to have young women around me," he said.

That evening...

I stood in the locker room feeling a little exposed, as the silver dress I was given didn't quite cover my knees and was too low at the front. Before I headed to the bar Roman stopped me. "My, you look gorgeous. Silver really is your colour," he said. I smiled awkwardly and hid behind the bar. The heels he also made me wear were unbearable and I couldn't walk.

I tripped and stumbled a few times that night, I even spilt a drink on a man, who then pulled me onto his lap. But Roman was keeping an eye on me and shot him there and then.  "Are you okay?" He said as he reached me.

"Yes," I answered. Then tottered back to the bar. I was suddenly approached by the woman that was in his room earlier. "What can I get for ya?" I grinned.

"Ash, listen to me.  He's using you," she said.

"He would never do that to me," I replied as I poured myself a brandy.

"You're blinded by all this," she gestured to the room. "Your mother was the same."

"Don't you dare talk about her like that!" I growled and nearly turned my back on her.

"Ash wait. I'm trying to protect you," she said reaching over the bar to grab my arm.

"Look lady it only takes one signal, and you would have a bullet in your brain," I said. She just sighed a laugh and walked away.

"You okay kid?" Another girl asked approaching me.

"Yes," I nodded.

"Just ignore her, she's just mad that she ain't Romans' favourite anymore," she said. It began to get late and found myself falling asleep at the bar, till I made myself a black coffee, it felt like my senses were on overdrive. It was terrible timing as Harley had found me. She approached the bar and gripped both my arms over the bar holding me there.

"What the hell are ya doing here?" She yelled.

"I'm protected here," I said.

"Oh you think you are huh? This sleaze bag is going to let ya down sooner or later," she said.

"You sound like that chick who sings here!" I exclaimed.

"Then maybe you should listen to us. Roman is bad news Ash," she said.

"You said that about Joker to! Is this what you think about every man I meet?" I growled.

"No, but this one will kill ya without even giving you a second thought," she said, however our conversation came to a stand still as Roman approached us.

"Miss Quinn it's nice to see you," he said.

"I wish I could say the same Bozo," she answered, it made me snigger for a second till I saw the glare that he gave me. "Why is my kid here?"

"Like you I'm offering her protection," he replied. My mother's face dropped instantly.

"So sending men after me is protection huh?" She asked. "You're a liar!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro