2. Daffodils🍁

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQeTpfulkZA

"I am done." I hastily took the remaining bite of my grilled chicken and gulped down some water.

"You seem in a hurry." My sister raised an eyebrow at me. You see, my dear sister Abigail, Abby didn't have much to do besides poking her annoying nose in my personal businesses.

Anything that is intelligent or smart she already did them before everyone, despite being eighteen months younger than me. She was the only person I knew who actually liked exams. When I was little, I tried to compete with her with so much enthusiasm. But it was quite hard because I believed she had some extra intelligent brain cells, which I don't. So, I stopped trying.

"You see," I put my both hands on our round dark polished table and got up 0f the chair, "I have to work hard for my homework, unlike some lucky intelligent people."

Abby rolled her eyes.

I turned on my laptop and opened my Facebook account excitedly. I was not a very Facebook kind of a person. I never posted any picture or anything. I used to check it whenever I got some free time or nothing else to do. Even my profile picture was the same as forever, soccer.

But that night was different. I signed in to my account and went to Martin's profile, which looked more lively than mine. He didn't have many friends on his list. It was an easy job to find Alice from his small friend's list. I scrolled down my screen to see everything she uploaded about her. She posted her birth date along with the year, her school, everything. I stopped at a beautiful picture of a lovely bunch of bright yellow daffodils, with the famous poem.

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

A single line was written along with the poem.

'Finally, the daffodils came out from their bud.'

I rested my chin on my folded arms on the small portable computer table. I didn't know why but I naturally started to type on the keyboard and quickly completed that beautiful poem in no time.

Continuous as the stars that shine

and twinkle on the Milky Way,

They stretched in never-ending line

along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

– William Wordsworth (1815)

I got a reply just after I had posted the next lines of the poem.

"Hi, do you also like that poem,'' Alice posted a reply on her comment section.

"I also like this poem," someone replied before me.

"It is one of my favourite poems," I replied back.

"It is also my favourite poem." -Alice.

"Me too," again someone else replied back before me. I sighed tiredly and started to type.

"But my most favourite one is Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost," I wrote back.

"Whose woods these are I think I know.

His house is in the village though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep

Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

-Robert Frost"- Alice

Alice replied back to me with those neat lines. A satisfied smile slowly appeared on my lips.

"Hey, I also know this poem." again someone else got in before me! Nobody asked you!

"Which one is your favourite?" I asked her curiously.

"My favourite one is twinkle twinkle little star, hihihi." Grrr.....and again someone else replied back. I banged my head on the table.

"Silver by Walter de la Mare." -Alice.

"Yeah, I like this one too,'' that time I replied quickly before anyone could.

"My favourite one is three little kittens." Ugh, I don't think I could take them anymore.

Suddenly I got a private message. I opened my PM box.

Oh my god!

It was Alice!

She sent me an PM!

I did a little celebrity dance before opening it promptly.

"Hi, It's me, the daffodil person, can we talk here?" -Alice.

I smirked and answered her message. "I don't know. I don't really talk with a stranger." I added lots of emojis with my message.

"Hey, I am not a psycho or stalker. I swear,"- Alice sent me a laughing emoji.

"Hmmm, let me think." - I was still teasing her.

"Ok, let's do this. We won't ask each other's name or won't see each other's picture. How about that?"- Alice.

"Fine by me." I answered contentedly. "And we will send a letter every day to each other through the mail."- I also added some conditions,

"Ok, deal. So, you like poems and soccer?"-Alice.

"How do you know I like soccer?"- I asked her with a little hope, that maybe she remembered me.

"From your profile picture."-Alice.

"Oh, yeah I like soccer." - I sighed. I might have to keep patient.

"Do you play soccer?"-Alice.

"Well, you can tell I breathe, eat, sleep and live on soccer."- I replied back

It was nearly 1 A.M. when we ended our chat unwillingly and promised each other that we would exchange our letter from next day onwards.

I flopped down on my bed with a contented heart and stared at my galaxy glow ceiling while lost in so many thoughts. A shy smile slowly formed on my lips.

I WAS SOOO IN LOVE.

Author's note:-

Vote(The star button below)

Comment

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro