19 - The Truth Comes To Light

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The Next Day...

"Why are we here?" I asked Dazai. We were in an abandoned building. Dazai took out his cell phone, and called someone. "Kunikida? I need you for something." He said. "Thank you." He said, hanging up after a few moments of talking. "Now we wait." Dazai smiled. "Jeez..." I said, leaning against a wall and crossing my arms. After half an hour or so, Kunikida arrived. "What do you want here, of all places?" Kunikida asked. "What do you think this is?" Dazai said, sitting down in a chair covered with a white cloth, and showing Kunikida a flash drive. "It's a survey of Yokohama we found on a computer in their hideout." I said. "Surprisingly, it says that obliterating the agency is its first priority in order to take control of Yokohama." Dazai said. "And not the Port Mafia, who control the underworld?" Kunikida asked. "They were being manipulated by false info." Dazai said. "So there's another mastermind?" Kunikida asked again. "Actually, I've sent an email to the one I believe is truly behind this." Dazai said. "I said that I have proof that the person is the one truly responsible." Dazai said. "They should be here any moment now." Dazai said. We suddenly heard footsteps coming our way. "It can't be you!" Kunikida said, eyes wide, as Rokuzou walked in. "You're the one, Rokuzou?!" Kunikida asked. "What are you talking about? So it hasn't started yet?" Rokuzou asked. "I see. You took a peek at my email by hacking into my account, didn't you?" Dazai asked. "So it's not really you!" Kunikida said, looking relieved. "I just wanted to see who was actually responsible." Rokuzou said, walking up to us. "So it's really not you, right--", "LOOK OUT!" Rokuzou pushed Kunikida away, getting shot... Twice. Kunikida's eyes went wide, as well as mine. "Dazai caught him before he hit the floor, and took out his gun and pointed it towards the door where the shots came from. "So you're the Azure Messenger, Sasaki Nobuko." Dazai said, as Sasaki walked into the room, reloading her gun, and pointing it at me.

Why me...?

"It can't be..." Kunikida said. "I doubt that this is the first time you've used your intelligence to execute a crime, either." Dazai said. "He was a man who lived for his ideals. He was pure in his intentions to seek out the world of crime, and that is why he got blood on his hands." She said. "I just wanted to grant his desire and make his ideals come true." She said. "Your significant other, the Azure King, was an idealist who wanted to prosecute criminals who couldn't be judged by law through illegal means. This incident was meant to carry on his work." Dazai said. "Lower your gun.--"

BANG! BANG!!!!

"......." Everyone went silent. "W-what...?" I said, as I felt a jab of pain in my stomach. I fell backwards, onto the floor.

I can barely hear familiar voices...

They're shouting.

They're shouting my name....

"HARUKA!" Kunikida and Dazai screamed. "Tch... Rokuzou!" Dazai dropped his gun into the boys hands, and Rokuzou shot Sasaki, killing her. Dazai then moved the boy onto the chair, and ran over to me.

My eyes are slowly closing...

Why am I dying?

Normally I would've lived that gunshot...

But... I'm...

Falling asleep...?

I...

Don't want to go...

I want...

To live...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fear not my friends.

;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro