20 - Coma

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Later that day...

"Hm... So she's been shot in the stomach?" Yosano asked Dazai. "Yes." Dazai nodded. "She's not dead." Yosano said, looking at the computer in the room where I was being treated. "I can't see why someone would be out cold after getting shot just once." She said, typing something. "Her Vitals are looking good..." Yosano said. "Let me know if you find something wrong." Dazai said, exiting the room. "Oh, by the way, where's Kunikida?" She asked. "He's... Uh..." Dazai said, thinking. "He's... Somewhere... Although I don't know exactly where." Dazai smiled, walking out of the room. "He's probably getting some alone time." Yosano laughed. "And he's probably really upset." She frowned. "Oh... Wow. I didn't notice?" She said, looking at the computer. "If she's out cold, and she's stable... Then..." She said. "But... What caused it?" She said again. Yosano walked over to the table where the bullet was, and examined it. "...!" Yosano set the bullet down, and ran out of the infirmary. "Dazai! Come quick!" She yelled, as Dazai nodded and ran after her into the room where I was. "Once the bullet hit Haruka, it released some kind of toxin into her body, causing her abilities to fail for a bit before she went into a coma." Yosano said. "I see... I saw Haruka try to put up a wall of flames to protect us after she was shot, but her ability didn't respond..." Dazai said. "That's where the toxin came into play." Yosano said. "Oh no..." Dazai sighed. "Now he's gonna be even more upset..." Dazai said. "Well, it is what it is." Yosano sighed. "I suppose." Dazai said, crossing his arms. "I'm curious as to how the Azure Messenger got her hands on that toxic bullet, but i could care less." He said, walking over to me. "How long do you think she'll be in this state?" Dazai asked, pointing to me. "I have no idea. A Coma can last up to ten years or so, but it can also last a mere week or a few days. Or, death is an option as well." Yosano said. "Let's just hope that she'll wake up ASAP." Dazai said. Yosano nodded, as Dazai exited the room.

Timeskip!

Dazai walked downstairs to the Cafe, and sat at a table. He grabbed his phone, and called Kunikida... Probably wanting to tell him what happened. "Hey, could you come to the Vortex? I have some info about what happened to Haru." Dazai said. "Alright... Bye." Dazai hung up, and waited for his partner to arrive. "What did you want, Dazai?" Kunikida walked into the cafe and sat across from Dazai. "I have quite a few things to explain." Dazai said. "First things first, the bullet." Dazai said, taking a plastic bag out of his pocket which had the bullet inside, and setting it onto the table. "What about it?" Kunikida asked. "Look at it closely. See the tiny openings on the sides?" Dazai asked. "Yeah, and?" Kunikida said. "That bullet was filled with some kind of toxin." Dazai said, causing Kunikida's eyes to widen. "Remember how Haruka tried to put up a wall of flames after she was shot, but it failed?" Dazai asked. He nodded in response. "Well, the toxin in this bullet was made so that once the target is hit, their ability is negated, and they fall asleep." Dazai said. "Makings these bullets the perfect offense against ability users." Dazai finished. "If Haruka fell asleep, she would be awake right now--", "That's not what I meant by sleep." Dazai said. "What I meant by sleep, is that she's in a coma." Dazai said. "W-what?" Kunikida asked. Dazai nodded. "Don't worry, Yosano is taking care of her right now." Dazai said. "But still!--", "Calm down. She'll be fine." Dazai interrupted. "She's been in situations far worse, and she survived. There's a high chance that she'll wake up in less than a month at most." Dazai said. "...." Kunikida looked down. "I just feel that I could've done something to prevent this... But, I didn't..." Kunikida said. "I feel the same way, but we aren't to blame." Dazai said. "It was Sasaki who shot her, so it's her fault." Dazai said. "I have to go back upstairs. See you." Dazai said, getting up and waving as he left the cafe. "..." Kunikida walked out of the cafe as well, heading home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HARU IS ALIVE FRET NOT MY COMRADES

XD

Hey everyone! It's me, WaffleCake!

I'm so relieved to get the Azure Messenger arc over with ( ' - 3-) =3

It was a really big arc, being four-five chapters of this book total! Wowza...!

Alright! I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro