21 - Dreams

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Kunikida's POV:
In His Dream...

"Where... Am I?" I asked myself, confused. I heard a familiar voice, humming a song. I took a step forward, and all of a sudden I was standing in what looked like a meadow. "...?" I looked forward, and saw a girl in a plain, white dress, standing next to a cherry blossom tree that was on top of a small hill. Her brown hair was flowing freely in the breeze, as she hummed. "Haruka...?" I raised an eyebrow. The girl turned her head to see me, and smiled. "You're late, Kunikida." She said. There's no doubt about it, it's definitely Haruka... But... Why? "..." I stayed silent. "Cmon, you have to see this!" She ran to me, grabbed my hand, and we walked towards where she was standing. "Ta-DA!" She said, as I saw what she was looking at before. It was a beautiful ocean, sparkling in the sunshine. I stared in awe for a few seconds. I sat down, causing her to sit down next to me. "Look... I know that I'm in a coma right now." She said, which surprised me. "You're aware...?" I asked. "Yeah..." She said leaning her head onto my shoulder. "I'm also aware that you're really worried, because I can tell just by looking at you, even if this is a weird dream." She laughed. "Let me ask you something. Have I ever been in a critical condition without surviving it?" She asked. "No..." I said. "There ya go." I smiled. "But still, just because you've lived through this kind of stuff before doesn't mean that you'll survive this time around." I sighed. "Look. You're gonna be waking from this dream in a few, but let me tell you something. Just ignore the fact that I'm in a coma, and act like everything is fine. Don't worry about me." She said, waving.

"...!" I woke up, sitting up instantly. I was out of breath, almost as if I had been chased by something. I blinked a few times, trying to process what the hell just happened. 'Was I... Talking to her... Just now?' I thought, extremely confused. I looked at my alarm clock, and noticed that I wouldn't arrive at work on time if I didn't hurry!

Timeskip!

"Good morning." I said, just barely making it on time as I walked into the agency. "Morning Kunikida." Atsushi waved. "Where's Dazai?" I asked. "We... Have no idea." Atsushi said in a disappointed tone. "He's gone missing?" I asked. "He won't answer his phone, and he hasn't returned to the dorm, either." Atsushi said. I sat down at my desk, and turned he laptop on, and began to do my morning paperwork. "He's probably just floating in some river again..." I sighed. "Or he could be in prison this time." Kenji said. "My guess would be that he went somewhere with a woman." Rampo said. "But it's true that he's targeted by the Port Mafia... It could be that..." Atsushi said. "That man's ability to sense danger and stay alive approaches nightmarish proficiency." I said. "Just think about how healthy he is despite so many suicide attempts." Kenji said. "I doubt the Mafia alone will be enough to get the better out of him." Rampo said. "But..." Atsushi said. "I'll go look into it." We all heard a voice, and turned to see Junichiro. "Are you all better now, Junichiro?" Atsushi asked, surprised. "Yes, thankfully." Junichiro smiled. "I was really worried when it all happened, so I'm relieved that you're okay." Atsushi said. "Sorry I worried you...!" Junichiro said, smiling. "So you've finally recovered." I said. "It's all thanks to Dr. Yosano's treatment." He said, slightly nervous. "So, how many times did she get you?" I asked. "F-F-four times..." He said, crouched down with a look of fear on his face. "That many..." Kenji said. "Atsushi... As long as you remain at the agency, remember to never get injured." He said. "Okay..." Atsushi said, puzzled. "If you think you're at any risk, then run." Rampo said. "You should cultivate your ability to sense danger on a daily basis." Rampo said. "For example, ten seconds from now..." Rampo said, as we all left the room... Well, everyone except for Atsushi. "Oh, Atsushi! Could you help me on a shopping trip?" Yosano asked. "No one else seems to be around." She said. "Huh?" He said. "So this is what they meant..." He mumbled, as the two walked out of the building. "Phew..." We all said, walking back inside. "I suppose we're in the clear..." I said, heading back to the desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SING IT WITH MEH!

YOSANO IS BEST DOCTOR 11/10! XD

She's one of my fav characters cause she's so funny and crazy lmao

Anyways, I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro