22 - Questioning

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

5 years ago...
Haruka's POV:

"You called?" I said, walking into the boss's quarters. "Ah! Haruka." The Port Mafia's Boss, Mori Ougai, said in a welcoming tone. "As you may be aware, you're 17 now..." He said. "And?" I asked. "You no longer have to stay by Dazai's side if you don't want to. For you are an official executive now." He smiled. "..." I stayed silent. "It is expected that you now know how to use and control your abilities. So there really is no need to be with Dazai anymore." He said. "It's up to you." He smiled.

An hour later...

"How was the meeting?" Dazai asked, as I walked towards him. "He told me that I'm an official executive, and that I don't need to stay by your side anymore if I don't want to." I said. "Congrats! You don't have to deal with me anymore, and you can do your own thing." Dazai applauded. "But..." I said. "I don't want to." I said. "Why not?" Dazai asked, raising an eyebrow. "Because I'm... Scared..." I said. "..." He stayed silent, listening to what I had to say. "I'm scared of my ability... What if I actually can't control it, and what if I end up losing control and slaughtering everyone?" I asked. "What if it consumes me entirely?!" I shouted. "That's why he gave you a choice." Dazai said. "Huh?" I said. "Calm down. He said that you didn't have to be by my side anymore if you don't want to be, right?" Dazai asked. "..." I sighed. "Quit flipping out over nothing." He smiled.

Present Day...
Kunikida's POV, The Next Day...

When Atsushi and Yosano returned, they brought back a girl that looked around fourteen years of age. According to Atsushi, Her name is Kyouka, and she's a former Port Mafia assassin who's killed 35 people in just six months. I walked down the hall, and saw Atsushi sitting on the floor next to the infirmary. "You've brought trouble back with you again, I see..." I said, approaching him. "She's a lost cause. The girl's a well-known assassin. She tricks targets into lowering their guard with her young appearance, then annihilates entire organizations. She accomplished too much, too quickly. It was only a matter of time before she was caught." I said. "But... Whoever is taking advantage of her ability is to blame." Atsushi replied. "Gifts don't necessarily bring happiness to their wielders. You know that better than most." I said, as he looked down. Just then, the door to the infirmary opened. "She's awake." Yosano said. "Do you think we can question her?" I asked, as we both walked in. "..." I saw Haruka in one of the beds, causing me to look down a little. "Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem." She replied, exiting the room. "Are you okay?" Atsushi asked the girl. "Um, this is the infirmary at the agency." He said again. "How are you feeling? You remember me, right?" He asked. "..." She didn't reply. "Girl, tell us who was behind this plot?" I asked. "The Port Mafia's forces are just like a snake. Unless you cut off its head, it'll just keep coming." I said again. "Answer me. Who's your superior?" I demanded. "K-Kunikida..." Atsushi said. "Boiled tofu." The girl spoke finally. "Boiled tofu...?" Atsushi asked. "It's really good." She said. "You want us to get you some?" I asked. "I'll talk after you do." She replied. "Oh. Sure, that's a small thing." Atsushi smiled. "H-hey, you..." I said, getting a little nervous. "What?" Atsushi replied.

At a Tofu Restaurant...

I drank some of my tea, while Atsushi was still looking at the menu. "Seconds!" The girl said. "HUUUH?!" Atsushi said, shocked. "Kunikida..." He said to me. "I'm not paying." I replied. "Crap..." He mumbled. "What would you like to order, sir?" The waitress asked. "Just water, please..." Atsushi said. "Well?" I asked the girl. "The Port Mafia took me in when my parents died and I became an orphan. They wanted my ability, Demon Snow. Demon Snow only follows orders coming through a phone." She said. "This is the cell phone." I said, putting her phone on the table. "The battery's been taken out. So the Port Mafia made good use of your ability and turned you into a deadly assassin." I said. "Why didn't you just throw the cell phone away?" Atsushi asked. "If I put up any resistance, I would've been killed. Besides... Even if I'd left the Port Mafia, I had nowhere else to go." She said, gripping the bunny charm hanging from her phone. "Who was manipulating your ability over the phone?" I asked. "A man called Akutagawa." She said. "I see." I replied. "I'll head back to the agency to report. Brat. Turn the girl over to the military police." I said quietly, as we walked out of the room. "But if I do that..." Atsushi said. "With a kill count of 35, she'll be sentenced to death." I told him. "Even if she returned to the Port Mafia, she'd be killed as a traitor." I said. "But..." Atsushi said. "What, are you going to save her?" I asked. "A fugitive wanted for execution, and a traitor to the Port Mafia... Do you have the resolve to shoulder full responsibility for her?" I asked. "That's..." Atsushi said. "Brat." I said. "I'm not telling you to reject empathy for someone who's fallen into misfortune. But misfortune of her sort is plentiful in our world." I said. "You only have room for one on your boat." I said. "If you try to save someone you can't save... You'll both end up sinking..." I said, walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel like I'm one of the only people who ships Atsushi and Kyouka

ITS SO CUTE! OTP! OTP!

XD

I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Bye!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro