26 - Vanish

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

That night...

"Jeez... I'm glad I get to actually sleep at home again..." I said, arriving at me and Dazai's dorm. "Huh?" I said, turning the door handle, and opening the door. "It's... Unlocked?" I asked myself. "Oh! Haruka! You're awake I see!" I heard a familiar voice. A voice that I wasn't sure if I should be hearing or not... "DAZAI?!" I shouted, walking in. "What?" He asked. "YOU TRASHED THE DORM!!!!" I shouted, seeing some empty bottles of Sake. "So?" He asked. "..." I growled. "You will pick this up... Now...!" I growled. "...!" His eyes went wide as he picked everything up. "Thank you." I sighed. "Now, more importantly... I thought you were captured." I said, crossing my arms. "I was, and I escaped with some good and useful info!~" He said happily. "You escaped today? Or...?" I asked. "Yesterday, but I felt lazy, and decided to stay home." He said. "You're ridiculous..." I sighed. "I know!" He smiled.

The next day...

"I wasn't told we were going to be roomates!!!" Atsushi yelled. "We don't have enough rooms, you see." Dazai smiled. "But..." Atsushi said. "She agreed." Dazai said. "It was an order." Kyouka said. "Don't you get it, Atsushi?" Dazai said. "Get what?" Atsushi replied. Dazai leaned toward Atsushi. "Without any kin, she's as alone as can be." Dazai whispered. "Besides, the port Mafia may send assassins after her." Dazai continued. "That's true." Atsushi replied. "You should protect her!" Dazai said. "Okay, I'll do my best." Atsushi stood up. Dazai turned around in his chair with a mischievous smile on his face. "If you have the time to mess with Atsushi, write up the report about your capture by the Port Mafia." Kunikida said. "Hm... Atsushi?" Dazai turned back around to Atsushi. "Yes?" Atsushi replied. "Write the report for me." Dazai said. "Whaaaat?" He replied. "It'll be about the person who placed a bounty on your head." Dazai said. "You know who?" He asked. "According to the Port Mafia's communication records, the bounty was funded by the leader of The Guild." Dazai said. "Isn't that the group of gifteds from North America?" I asked. "Yep." Dazai said. "The Guild is considered an urban legend. Their agents are said to hold key positions in finance, politics, and the military. They're a secret society who use their limitless funds and abilities to plot countless schemes. Why would such a group want Atsushi?" Kunikida said. "Because they're greedy douchebags who are addicted to money? At least, that's what it sounds like." I said. "...?" We all heard a helicopter from outside. "Guys! You need to come see this!" Junichiro barged into the room. We all ran to the roof, and saw a helicopter land in the middle of the road?! "What in the hell...? Isn't that against the law?" I asked. "It seems we've been preempted." Dazai said. "Speak of the devil." I said, as we all ran back inside.

Timeskip!~

"This whole thing is making me nervous..." I said. Our uninvited guests were actually some members of the guild, and they were definitely intimidating. And untrustworthy. "Everything will be fine, I'm sure of it." Kunikida said. "We'll see about that." I said, glaring. "...." Everyone except for Dazai stared at me wide eyed, probably terrified of how mad I was. "Haruka, Calm yourself. We don't want to make them gain a grudge against us." Dazai said. "..." I sighed. "Fine." I mumbled, crossing my arms.

The Following Morning...

"Hey, did you see the morning news?!" Kunikida barged into the office, holding a newspaper. "It's on TV, too." Dazai said. A seven story building had vanished overnight. "So this is the message..." Kunikida said. "Kenji hasn't been back since seeing them off." Junichiro said, holding Kenji's hat. "So they'll annihilate anyone who opposes them, be they the Port Mafia or the Agency." Dazai said. "Told you they gave off an untrustworthy vibe." I said. "Junichiro, from now on you're prohibited from working alone!" Kunikida said. "Look for Kenji with Atsushi." He said. "Haruka, I want you to go with them." Kunikida told me. "Why?" I asked. "Because you know what to do in these situations more than these two." He said. "Got it." I said. "Dazai, you're with me. We need to meet with the president." Kunikida said. "We don't know what kind of gifts they possess. If you make contact with the enemy, don't engage them. Either Run, or let Haruka handle it!" Kunikida said, as Atsushi nodded.

Timeskip!~

We were at a four way intersection. "Naomi, you should go back. It's too dangerous." Junichiro said. "They can make entire buildings dissapear. It doesn't matter where I am." She said. "Elise...? Where'd you go?" I heard a man shout. 'That voice sounds so familiar, but... I can't figure out who it is..' I thought. "Right, Atsushi?" Naomi asked. "W-well, sure." Atsushi said. "Atsushi! Unlike you, my sister isn't gifted! She'll hold us back!" Junichiro said. "How dare you! You said you'd do anything I said!" Naomi said. "That was yesterday when you were forcing me to-- n-nothing!" Junichiro said, as Naomi laughed. "Anyways, it's too dangerous, so go back!" Junichiro said. "Oh really? If you'd like, I can help you remember your pleasure--" Naomi suddenly stopped talking. We turned around, and she was gone?! "Naomi?" Junichiro asked. "N-no way..." Atsushi said. "And then there were three..." I sighed. "Where are you? Where'd you go, Naomi?!" Junichiro shouted. "Is it an enemy attack?" Atsushi asked. "Impossible. I didn't sense anything off." Junichiro said. "Naomi!" He yelled, running off. "Be careful!" I shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hehe! Finally Haruka can get some spotlight!

I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro