39 - Conflict Between Leaders

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Haruka's POV:

"Ugh... I don't feel like working..." Dazai complained. "Stop sounding like a broken trumpet first thing in the morning." Kunikida said. "I don't even feel like holding a conversation right now, Kunikida..." Dazai groaned. "The town was saved from annihilation thanks to you and Atsushi. So why have you ended up like this the next day?" Kunikida asked. "He's probably just tired." I said. "The boss has me lined up for this new job..." He said. "Is it what Atsushi and the boss were discussing yesterday?" Kunikida asked. "It is." The president said, walking over to us. Dazai immediately sat up. "Good morning." Kunikida said. "Dazai, are we making progress on our secret meeting with the port Mafia?" The president asked. "I've made arrangements, but..." Dazai sighed. "Do you think the port Mafia boss will be here?" The president asked. "I'm sure." Dazai replied. "It's a perfect opportunity to kill our boss after all." Dazai said. "That is preferable to having bloodshed among our members." The president said, walking away. "Hm..." Dazai said, sitting back. "Hey, Dazai?" Kunikida asked. "A secret meeting with the port Mafia?!?" Kunikida shouted. "Atsushi's idea has turned into a big deal." Dazai said. "Even though the guild is now our biggest threat..." Dazai said. "Wait a second. I have no idea what's going on. First of all, why are you the one arranging the meeting?" Kunikida said. "Because I'm originally from the port Mafia, along with Haru." Dazai said. "Mmhm!" I nodded. "What?!" Kunikida said. "Everyone know about it apart from you, Kunikida." I laughed. "What?!" He shouted. "Hahaha!" I continued to laugh.

Timeskip!~

We were all at a quiet cemetery, surrounded by trees, when we heard footsteps. "Welcome, boss." Dazai said, as the boss of the Port Mafia approached us. "It's been four years. Do you still wear the coat I have you?" The boss asked Dazai. "Of course... I had Haruka burn it." Dazai smirked. "Port Mafia boss, Mori Ougai." The president stepped forward. "Armed Detective Agency Chief Executive, Fukuzawa Yukichi." The boss said. The two walked toward each other. "So the time has finally come." The president said. "If the government brass were to find out that the leaders of the two most powerful organizations of gifted are engaged in a secret meeting, they would froth at the mouth." The boss said. "I'll get straight to business. A new member of the agency proposed an alliance with you, the Port Mafia. I objected. The idea of cooperating with criminals goes against the Agency's standards. But he proposal came from someone who, countless times, was shot, slashed, and kidnapped by the Port Mafia. His words carry weight." The president said. "Therefore, as the leader of the agency, I was left with no choice but to lend an ear." The president said. "We are both in a quite difficult position." The boss said. "I'll get to the point. Alliance aside, I would like to request a temporary ceasefire." The president said. "Heh. Have you ever read the works of schelling? Or perhaps Kissinger?" The boss asked. "Both are researchers of strategic studies. Taught by you-know-who." Dazai said, walking forward. "I do read Sun Tzu." The president said. "There is a parallel between state warfare and the strategies of illegal organization's such as ourselves." The boss replied. "No one exists to punish either of us, should we violate agreements. What if the port Mafia breaks a ceasefire? What if the agency betrays us? The party that trusted in the agreement would be the only one to suffer. Under circumstances that reward the first to commit a betrayal, a limited ceasefire cannot be established. The only possibility is for complete cooperation." The boss said. "That's also impossible." Dazai said. "Indeed." The boss said. "The port Mafia is an organization of face and resentment. Many of my people have been dragged through the mud." The boss said. "Many of mine have been brought to the brink of death, as well." The president said. "But they didn't die. And that is a source of great shame for the port Mafia." The boss said. "Then how about this?" The president said, grabbing his katana. "We settle our accounts here and now." He said. As the two came close to stabbing each other. "I thought you had discarded your katana..." The boss said. "And you still haven't grown past your habit of killing people with a scalpel. You still think like a little girl." The president said. "Do you still talk to cats?" The boss asked. Snow started to fall, thanks to Junichiro's ability, and the the president had vanished and reappeared behind us. "That was an enjoyable meeting. Let us continue on the battlefield." The boss said, walking away. "The agency will be recovering Q tonight." The president said. "And?" The boss asked. "Don't get in our way tonight. For the sake of both of us." The president said. "Why?" The boss asked again. "Because that's our sole similarity: that we love this city. As people of this city, as organizations that work to protect it, we cannot allow foreign gifteds to raze it." The president said. "The guild is powerful. The agency stands no chance. That is all from me. Dazai, Haruka, the offer still stands for you to return to the executive team." The boss said. "No way. You're the one who kicked us out of the Port Mafia in the first place." Dazai said. "Did you two not quit because you wanted to?" He asked. "You were afraid, weren't you?" Dazai asked with an evil smile. "That we might someday aspire to take your position and put a knife to your throat. Just as you did to your predecessor. Right, Haruka?" Dazai said. "That's right." I said, having the same terrifying grin I had when I went on a rampage. "Evil expects evil from others. We don't agree to allying with you, either." Dazai smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who's ready to see some teamwork action between Haruka, Chuuya, and Dazai?

HAHAH I AM!

IM SO HYYYYYPED!!!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro