44 - The Great Fitzgerald

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Haruka's POV:

"Akutagawa!!" Atsushi yelled, charging at him, and trying to punch him with a tiger fist. Akutagawa blocked it, unfortunately. He went to attack again, but Rashoumon blocked it. "Looks like you've improved your acrobatic skills, weretiger." Akutagawa said. "Why are you here?" I asked. "To kill you both." He said, eyes widened. "Don't you understand the situation we're in right now? We may no longer have a place to live. I don't understand you one bit." Atsushi growled. "Neither do I, Atsushi... Neither do I..." I sighed. "I don't remember asking for your understanding." Akutagawa said. "Oh, dear. Akutagawa still has a terrible habit of going solo. Alright. Atsushi, Haruka, we don't have time to deal with him. Let's move on." Dazai said. "But..." Atsushi said. "Don't worry. Just do as I say and we'll make it." Dazai said.

. . .

"Understood." We both said. "Akutagawa, we're speaking to Dazai on this intercom." Atsushi said, as we took our headsets off. "He wants to talk to you." Atsushi and I said, throwing the headsets. "DAZAI!" Akutagawa shouted, going after them. "Let's go." I said, as Atsushi nodded. We then ran ahead, leaving Akutagawa behind.

Timeskip!~

We arrived at the office on the highest floor, and opened the door to see the guild leader, who was talking on the phone. "Sorry, it appears that I have guests. I'll call you back. I love you, Zelda." He said, hanging up. "That was a brief farewell, you two." He said, turning around to face us. "Is this what you're looking for?" He asked, holding up a remote with a timer on it, which I'm assuming was the thing that allowed us to cancel the self-destruct. "Are you the one guarding the control terminal?" Atsushi asked. "Here's the first secret to how I got this far." He said, putting the remote on a chair, then leaning on the back of it. "The most important part of any job is to not leave anything for others to handle." He said. "By the way, Do you know how much the Moby Dick weighs? It has a total mass of 29,000 tons. Dropped from an altitude of two kilometers, it would explode with the force of 140 tons of TNT... Right in the middle of the city..." The man said. "Sorry, I don't like math." I yawned, crossing my arms. "No one would allow such an atrocity." Atsushi said. "The second secret to how I got this far is: don't let the values of others affect you." The man said, turning around. "With that said, you and I are both busy. If we have to fight over the control terminal, let's keep things simple." He said. "We'll all run towards it on the count of three. The first of us to take it is the winner." He said. "If you win, you can do as you'd like with the Moby Dick. But if I win, you'll serve me in helping with my search." He said. "One... Two..." The man counted down. 'Here we go...' I thought, taking a deep breath. Atsushi ran towards the remote, and the man charged at him, punching him in the gut. "You...!" I growled, going to punch him, but he jumped and kicked my back, slamming me onto the ground. "Three." He said. "Secret number three: It's easy to predict the behavior of anyone who's given an opportunity." He said. We both managed to stand back up. 'Luckily I can tank hits like a punching bag.' I thought, sighing. "Oh? You two aren't going down with that kick? That's impressive. Very well. 10,000 may have been insulting." He said, holding up checks. "This is a proportion of my securities. There's 100,000 dollars worth. I haven't introduced my ability yet, have I?" He asked. "Ability: The Great Fitzgerald." He said, throwing the checks in the air. 'Good job. You can throw pieces of paper into the air... Go you.' I thought, rolling my eyes. The papers started to glow, then they flew towards him, making him glow. I blocked the light from coming to my eyes. After a few seconds, he stopped glowing, and had bright green markings on him. "My ability grants me physical strength equal to the money I spend." He said, charging at us, and sending us down the hall with one hit. "Ow!" I growled, now starting to hurt, Atsushi was on the ground as well. "Be proud, boy and girl. I haven't used 100,000 in a long time." The man said. "Of course, Zelda would spend that much in a month. Now, everything is going according to plan." He said, walking towards us. "With crashing the Moby Dick, and capturing you." He said, as we both slowly looked up. "Me?" Atsushi asked. "Our strategist has the ability to make limited precognition sanded on what information she has." He said, stomping on Atsushi's back. "Now that I have you, it would be a pain if you got away. I should probably remove your arms and legs for good measure." The man said. My eyes widened, and I stood up instantly. "Forgetting about someone?!" I shouted, angrily charging at the leader of the Guild(I remembered that his name was Francis.), and attempting to punch him numerous times, only for the enemy to evade every single one. 'He's fast!' I thought, as he uppercutted me, making me hit the ceiling, and fall to the ground. "Not bad. I just barely managed to dodge your punches, girl." He said. "I'm only just getting started!" I yelled, attacking him with a spray of flames coming from my palms. Think of it as a flamethrower, but cooler! We all heard footsteps heading our way. We turned to see Akutagawa. "Oh my, what an unusual guest." Francis said, smiling. "Mister... Agua?" Francis asked. "Akutagawa." Akutagawa spat. The man snapped his fingers. "That's the one." He said.

Timeskip!~

"Well, Mr. Akutagawa, I'd love to welcome you aboard, but as you can see, I'm busy." Francis said, as Akutagawa walked towards Atsushi, and kicked him in the side. "..." I just watched, knowing that it'd get worse if I said something. "Who gave you permission to lie around? You aren't getting away this time. Stand up and fight." Akutagawa said. "Oh? Trying to encourage your enemy?" I asked, smirking the same hellish smirk I did when I was still in the port Mafia. "You said earlier that you couldn't understand me. To me, you're completely incomprehensible." Akutagawa said, ignoring me, and kicking Akutagawa again. "Those fearful eyes have no faith in your own strength or gift, yet you always involve yourself in futile battles. Where do you get that incoherent self-respect?" He asked, kicking him again. "Hey, hey, that's enough. Look how nice our opponent is, waiting patiently for you to settle something dumb as hell." I said, pointing. "I don't like being ignored." He said, as Akutagawa sent Rashoumon towards Francis, who tried to block with his hand, only to have a hole put in it by the attack. "Shut up. My main course is the weretiger. I'd like my appetizer and dessert to sit quietly." Akutagawa glared, attacking me, only for me to swiftly step out of the way. Francis smirked, and grabbed rashoumon's attack, pulling Akutagawa towards him, and punching him in the face... No, the hand?! Akutagawa bought Francis' fist to evade. "I hate being in second place." Francis growled. "SO DO I!" I yelled, drop kicking Francis from behind. Akutagawa made Rashoumon attack Francis' arms, but it didn't work. "That didn't hurt at all!" Francis said, grabbing my wrist, and hurling me into the ground. "Tch..." I growled, getting back up, only to fall down again. 'That last attack knocked the air outta me...' I thought, taking a few deep breaths. Francis then uppercutted Akutagawa and sent him flying. "For your efforts, I'll teach you the fourth secret to success." He said. "I don't need it." Akutagawa mumbled. "Rashoumon! Black Torrent!" Akutagawa shouted, as a bunch of black and red vines shot at Francis. "500,000 dollars." He said, holding up a credit card, and punched Akutagawa again, slamming him into the wall. He gained a lifeless expression on his face. "The fourth secret to success: Though there are many forms of strength... Money and influence, gifts, social status... It helps to have all of them, the way I do." Francis said, as Akutagawa fell to the ground, and glared at Francis. Francis turned around, to see Atsushi had dissapeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEHEHE

IM NOT GONNA SPOIL ANYTHING...

XC IM TRYIN

XD

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro