45 - Ability

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Haruka's POV:

"...?" Francis turned around, a look of confusion on his face. "Heh." I smirked. "STRENGTH MY ASS!" Atsushi dropped from the ceiling, attempting to suffocate Francis by using his arm to squeeze his neck. "Money and gifts don't exist to blow up cities! Human strength exists to be shared with those who are in the depths of despair! Atsushi yelled, as Francis grabbed his arm. "I'm not surprised that you'd make such a mistake." Francis said, flipping him into the ground. "Strength doesn't exist to help the weak. The very essence of money-making is to extract value from the weak." Francis said. "To then offer that to the weak is to repeat a pointless act, akin to swinging a door round and round. Strength must be used more meaningfully." He said. "THATS WHERE YOU'RE WRONG!" I said, punching the back of his head, burning him. "Oh?" He turned around. My eyes widened, as he grabbed my hand, and flipped me again. "Tch..." I said, wiping the blood from my mouth. "Do you pretend to not see the lives that are snubbed out to that end?" Atsushi mumbled, starting to get up. "By the snubbed our lives of the weak... Do you mean, for example, your past self?" He asked, as Atsushi's eyes widened. "I looked up your history. You were nearly killed, twice, in your early childhood by the president of your orphanage." He said, as my eyes widened. Akutagawa sat up. "When he kicked you and broke your ribs, he said to you... 'Compared to what your parents did to you in your infancy, this doesn't even count as violence.'." Francis said. All of a sudden, the ship started rumbling. "We're slowing down, preparing for descent. We have just over ten minutes until impact." He said, smiling. 'No one has any idea how much I wanna slap the smile of of this dude's face right now!' I thought. Akutagawa started to laugh. "I understand." Akutagawa said, cutting a hole in the floor underneath himself, me, and Atsushi, causing us all to fall downwards. "Stop!" Francis yelled, running to one of them. The three of us ran.

Tiny Timeskip!~

Atsushi and I were running, but Akutagawa caught Atsushi's leg with Rashoumon. "I take back what I said about not being able to understand you." Akutagawa said, walking towards us. "I understand you." He growled. "Weretiger, you fight in order to earn permission to live. Even if that means sacrificing your own life. Disgusting." Akutagawa said, stabbing Atsushi in the back, lifting him in the air. "Atsushi!" I shouted. "Do you honestly believe, weretiger, that someone is out there to grant you permission?" Akutagawa asked. "Did you think that if you put your life on the line fighting for others, someone will stamp a form certifying that you deserve to live?" Akutagawa yelled. "Where's the crime in believing in that?" Atsushi said. "You're an utter dissapointment." Akutagawa said, throwing Atsushi forwards. "I never expected you to be such a fool." Akutagawa said. "I could kill you both hundreds of times, and have gained no accomplishments in battle." He said. "Accomplishments in battle." Atsushi said, starting to get up. "Indeed. That is the true measure of value." Akutagawa said. "Without any accomplishments in battle, that man would never approve of me. Not Dazai." He mumbled. "Dazai? How does his name fit here?" Atsushi asked.

10 years ago...

I had just burned the man who held me in handcuffs. "Oh, impressive!" The man at the desk said, smiling. "OOOOOOOHHHH!!!!" We both heard a man's voice. I turned to see a man with wavy brown hair in a cloak. "CAN YOU DO THAT TO ME?" The man asked, eyes sparkling. "...huh?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "Ah, Haruka. Meet Dazai Osamu. He's one of the higher up's in the Port Mafia. "Oh, that gives me a great idea!" The man at the desk said. "Dazai, could you take her under your wing?" The man asked. "What do you mean?" Dazai asked. "Teach her how this place works, and how to control her powers." The man smiled.

Present day...

"Good question, Atsushi..." I said silently.

All of a sudden the wall broke open, revealing Francis. "I've found you, stray dogs." He said. Akutagawa started to battle Francis, as me and Atsushi watched Akutagawa get kicked against the railing of the platform. "That's it, the cargo elevator!" Atsushi said, as he and I ran to the elevator. We ran inside, and pushed a button, and the door started to close. Akutagawa managed to slip in before it shut. We each stood in opposite corners of the elevator's room. "His ability is way out of my league, I don't stand a chance." Atsushi said. "I need to think of a way to steal the terminal when I have a chance." Atsushi said. Akutagawa snickered, "You're as foolish as ever." He said. "What?" Atsushi asked. I leaned against the wall, hands in my cloak's pockets. "This box takes us to the inescapable deck service door. We are the ones who have been cornered." Akutagawa said. "No." Atsushi said. "Heh. Nothing could be more shameful than to have been defeated once by the likes of you." Akutagawa replied, turning around. "Especially knowing that you're so worthless that you ask others for your own right to live." Akutagawa said. "You're right, I'm worthless. But you're a murderer with no purpose but to flaunt your strength. I'm 100 times better." Atsushi said, turning to face him. I still remained silent. "Say that again." Akutagawa said. "You have plenty of power and status. You fight just so that people fear you. That's way more worthless." Atsushi said, before Akutagawa's Rashoumon grabbed Atsushi by the neck. "Take that back! I have power and status?" Akutagawa shouted, throwing Atsushi against the wall, and grabbing him by the neck. "I'll tell you why I called you disgusting. It's because you're a fool who continues to mope about old wounds despite having everything!" Akutagawa yelled. Atsushi's eyes widened. "What?" He asked. "What did you say I am?" Atsushi asked. "You're blessed with your gift. You're blessed with friends. With no effort and with nothing but sheer luck, you're revered and praised by Dazai!" He yelled. "Stop." I said. "Why should I?" Akutagawa growled. "Can't you guys just shut up and think about something else? You guys are seriously annoying sometimes, no offense Atsushi." I yawned. "And what does being annoying have to do with this conversation?" He spat. "I moved on. I didn't continuously try to impress someone. I didn't mope about my past. I moved on from my past. That's something that both of you should've done a long time ago. In a sense, you're both wrong." I said. "Either way, you're both disgusting." Akutagawa growled, as we reached the deck, and stood atop the giant airship. "That's enough of playing tag. In less than 10 minutes, the Moby Dick will enter into an irrevocable trajectory. At that point, not even this terminal will be able to stop it from falling into the city." Francis said, walking towards us. 'So, he beat us here, eh?' I thought, growling. "Only I will survive, as I've strengthened myself with my ability." He said. "Hey, Noveau Riche, if I defeat someone as strong as you, will I no longer be weak?" Akutagawa asked, walking forwards. "I'll guarantee it." Francis said, smirking. "Then I won't regret dying as many times as it takes." Akutagawa replied. "Rashoumon! Demonic Armor!" Akutagawa said, as his ability gave him bandage-like, glowing black and red armor. Francis leapt into the air, headed straight for Akutagawa, kicking him. He blocked it with his arm, and punched Francis, who blocked, and still went flying. Akutagawa leapt after him, punching him down onto the airship. 'There you go Akutagawa. That armor looks kick ass.' I thought, smiling. "I guess I'd better go all out too." I smirked. "Ability: Flower of Destruction!" I said, as my eyes became a brighter orange than before, and I bursted into flames. "Requiem!" I said, as small, glowing orange demon horns appeared on my head. 'I shouldn't go too all out, or else I'll go insane and kill everyone...' I thought, smiling, as a flame appeared on my hair where it was tied back, taking the shape of a flower.

I've finally found it.

My ability.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heya guys! It's me, WaffleCake!

IM ON EP. 23!~ IM ON EP. 23!~

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

XD

I promise I'll draw Haru with her new cloak, and her powered up form!

Hehehehehehh....

Fanfic is almost over!

Well, I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye bye!~

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro