46 - Memento

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Haruka's POV:

I've finally learned my ability...

Atsushi had gained a tiger like appearance, as we both charged at Akutagawa and Francis. "Get out of my way, Weretiger!" Akutagawa yelled, trying to push Atsushi away. "You get out of our way!" Atsushi growled, pushing Akutagawa back instead, as him and I charged at Francis, attacking him. Akutagawa pushed us away from Francis, who jumped back. "Dazai, my ass! You're even more worthless!" Atsushi yelled. "Nonsense. You're more worthless than I am!" Akutagawa yelled back, as I attacked the enemy. "This is amusing. You're both very much alike." Francis said, as the two turned to face him, deadly glares on their faces as I backed away from the enemy. "What?!" Francis yelled. "Don't..." Atsushi growled holding up a fist. "Compare me..." Akutagawa continued, doing the same. "TO HIM!" They both yelled, punching Francis, who blocked it, but going flying anyways. Atsushi returned to normal, Akutagawa lost his demonic armor form, and I lost requiem. "Hah... Hah... Damn... That's very tiring..." I said, trying to catch my breath. "Taking a break, Akutagawa?" Atsushi asked. "Shut up. You're next." Akutagawa replied. "The control terminal comes first." I said. "If this ship hits the city, Dazai will be..." I paused, and took a deep breath. "Dazai will be obliterated, too." I said. "That man wouldn't die so easily." Akutagawa said, standing up. Francis appeared walking towards us. "Tiger Beetle, tell me, is there anything in this world aside from family worth sacrificing everything for?" He mumbled. "..." We all stood in silence. "I'll take the book, and I'll bring my daughter back into this world." He said. "Your daughter?" Akutagawa asked. "My wife, Zelda, unable to accept our daughter's death, became mentally ill." He said, shedding a tear. "To this day, she hides in her fantasy that our daughter is studying abroad in London." He said. "I'm going to make that fantasy a reality, and reclaim my family. No matter what the cost is." He said, starting to glow, as a beam of light shot up from him. "My wealth is dispensable. I'll pay all of it!" He shouted, as we got knocked back due to the force. "He's off the scales. It's like standing in front of a massive tornado." Atsushi said. "He must be spending all of his money to make his strength as great as it'll get." I said. All of a sudden, a boat horn sounded. Out of nowhere I thought of everyone that's helped me, and all of my friends. "Akutagawa..." Atsushi said. "What?" He replied. "Am I a fool? Is it worthless of me to want to escape from those memories?" Atsushi asked. "It is. The words of your past are fundamentally unrelated to who you are now." He replied. "I see. I think Dazai already approved of you a long time ago." Atsushi said, as the two started to walk towards Francis. "Come!" Francis demanded. "Beast Beneath The Moonlight!" Atsushi said, activating his ability. "Rashoumon Demonic Armor!" Akutagawa said, gaining his demon armor back.

I know what I need to do.

Nobody will approve of it, but...

It's worth the sacrifice.

"You two." I said, as the two stopped walking to glance at me. "I'll handle this." I said, walking ahead of them. "Oh?" Francis said, confused. "Atsushi. Give my regards to yourself, Dazai, Kunikida, and everyone else at the agency." I said. "What?" Atsushi replied.

I can't believe I'm doing this...

"Akutagawa. Give my regards to Chuuya." I said, as he glared, and nodded.

But... I'm doing it...

"Flower Of Destruction." I said, tracing a circle in front of me, causing small flaming flowers to appear in the shape that I had made. "Memento." I said, closing my eyes.

4 years ago...

"Haru?" Dazai asked. "Hm? What is it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I've done some research." He said. "Okay... And?" I asked. "I've noticed that all of your attack names have to do with memories, and that your flames are flower shaped..." He said. "And?" I said. "By any chance, was your mother fond of flowers?" He asked. I replied with a surprised look, then nodded. "Your ability must have something to do with your memories then, correct?" He asked, as I nodded. "My mother loved flowers." I said, looking down. "Your memory must affect the form of your ability." He said. "So in a sense, it's an exclusive ability meant for you." He said. "My mother and I used to take walks to a meadow that was deep in the forest next to our house. She knew all of the flowers' names like the back of her hand. She used to take me there whenever I was upset, and she'd make me a flower crown." I laughed. "She'd tell me; 'Don't listen to anything except for your heart.'." I said. "So in a sense she told you to be yourself." He said,  as I nodded. "Oh, and there's one ability that I'm predicting you may have." He said. "Never ever. I repeat, never ever use this move." He said, clearing his throat. "We like to call it a 'Self-destruct sequence'." He said. "Memento." I said. "Oh? So you do know it." He said. "Memento. You build up every single drop of energy and power you have, to create a massive explosion capable of destroying everything around you. Using the move comes with great sacrifice. Said sacrifice being the user's life." I said. "Huh." He said. "Haruka." He said. "What?" I asked. "You inherited this from your mother, didn't you?" He smiled.

Present day...

"Thank you. Mother." I mumbled, feeling myself get weaker by the second.

Goodbye...

My vision went black, and all that was heard was a giant explosion...

And...

People shouting a name that sounded familiar.

I realized that it was mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahem...

;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro