6 - Her Ideal Future

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

9 years ago...

"Here you are! Enjoy." I smiled, as I gave two familiar faces their beverages. "Aren't you a little too young to be working at this place?" Odosaku laughed. "Honestly... I'm 13, not two." I sighed. "Thank you, Haruka." Dazai said. "No problem!" I smiled. I was working part time as a waitress at a small bar that the members of the port mafia visited every now and then. I walked into the back room to put some dirty dishes in the sink. I began to wash them, the sound of the running water occupying my hearing. "She's 13, and working for the Mafia?" Odosaku asked. "She may not look it, but she's special. She has an intriguing ability that we've never heard of before." Dazai replied, taking a sip of his whiskey. "Furthermore, she named her ability herself... Calls it 'Hellfire'." He continued. "She's been through a lot, Odosaku." He finished. "Even so... She's still very young for the Mafia." Odosaku said. "I agree, but she's actually very intelligent and responsible than she seems. Sadly, the only thing she can't do is control her ability. That's why she's working here part time. So that way she can learn how to interact with people, and be kept under surveillance simultaneously. Two birds with one stone." Dazai smiled. "Learn to interact?" Odosaku raised an eyebrow. "Yes. She was a very lonely child, and didn't have any friends. Her records say that the only person she trusted that trusted her back was her mother. But, her mother was murdered by her father. And he placed the blame on his own daughter... Calling her a demon... Despicable, huh?" Dazai said, glaring at the glass that was filled with his drink. "Wow." Odosaku said, eyes wide. "Now I have another reason to be here besides relaxing..." Dazai yawned. "I could babysit for you, I mean, I have six orphans." Odosaku laughed slightly. "Nah, I'm fine." Dazai said. *Creaaaaak...!* I turned off the water.

Too young?

I can't understand...

I silently wiped the water off of the wine glasses and cups with a towel, then I grabbed some(two at a time), and put them away.

Hey... Mom?

I wish you could answer my question...

"Maybe." I heard Dazai say, as Odosaku laughed. I walked back out behind the counter, and sighed. "Hey Haru, Odosaku told me that he has some kids that are orphans like you. Maybe you could have a play date or something--"

"...I'm not worthy of being a friend..."

"Why not?" Dazai asked, raising an eyebrow. "Because... No one understands me. No one will try to cheer me up, let alone talk to me... I'm just one of those people that are naturally avoided..." I said, looking down. "I mean, I can't control my flames... They could randomly consume anything at any time..." I said.

"I'm a bomb that's eagerly awaiting it's combustion."

"Don't say that, you're quite reliable." Dazai smiled. "By being the Port Mafia's infamous wild card?" I huffed. "No." Dazai said in a more serious tone that sent chills down my spine. "..." I stayed silent. "You're something else, Haru." He said, staring at the large, spherical ice cube that was slowly melting away. "You have a new ability. One that no one has ever seen before." He said. "The amount of potential that you have is insanely large. You could possibly have one of the strongest abilities that anyone has ever seen." He continued. "Hell, you, a thirteen year old girl, could burn down this whole city just by touching a piece of garbage left to rot on the streets!" He laughed. "Anyways, my point is that you're incredible. The only thing that's holding you back is your control." He shrugged. "How am I gonna learn to control it if I'm the only one with this ability? Naturally I'd have to learn from someo--", "Yourself." Dazai said. "Huh?" I asked. "Me? Me teaching myself?!" I laughed. "Mmhm!" Dazai nodded cheerfully. I sighed. "I don't want to hurt anyone. I overheard your conversation from earlier." I said. "And I'm not gonna teach myself anything if I'll be used to hurt innocent people." I said. "So if that's what you're planning, count me out... Anyways, my shift is over." I grabbed my messenger bag that carried my belongings, and I grabbed my coat and left. "She'll never understand, will she?" Dazai pouted. "I don't know. You tell me, Dazai." Odosaku said.

As I walked down the soaked streets of the city, I started to think about what Dazai was telling me.

"Hell, You, a thirteen year old girl, could burn down this whole city just by touching a piece of garbage left to rot in the streets!"

"Yeah... Okay..." I rolled my eyes. "..." I stopped walking, and looked down. I saw my rippling reflection in the puddle I was standing in. "I wonder what I'll do when I'm older..." I said to myself. I held out a hand, and felt the cold droplets of rain pelt the palm of my hand. "My ideal future..." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heya peeps! It's me, WaffleCake!

I miss writing, and I'm so fucking hyped for this anime. I hope that it ends up like soul eater, having four seasons.

OR MORE!!!!! XD

ANYWAYS...!~

I thought that I should reveal more about Haruka as a character for this chapter. By that I mean her past, and how she acted, and how she's changed, y'know?

Alright! I'll see you all in the next chapter! X3 bye!!! 💕

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro