6: Memory Lane/Deja Review

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

What? Mr Afton has the best chocolate cake I've ever tasted. He says it's one of his mom's secret recipes. The best part is, the frosting was super easy to scrape of the cake. I'm not a frosting fan so it works out.

Seriously though, today seemed like the longest day of my life. It wasn't bad it was just...unusual. Maybe it's a blessing come true.

After finishing my slice of cake, I noticed Riley almost speed-walking off the table.

I grabbed the little robot and spoke "No no, Riley", in a big sister-y tone.

It made a low buzzing noise as if it was sighing sadly. Turning Riley around, I pressed it's off button, watched it shut down, and placed it back on the desk.

"I know it's been short but...I got some stuff to do", I replied.

Mr Afton sighed "I understand, Felicia".

With a nod, I waved goodbye to the man and walked out of his office. Suddenly I heard a paper drop onto the ground. Turning around fast, I see Mr Afton picking it up.

"This slipped out of your bag", he said. Then he examined it and mentioned "This is one of your old drawings. If I'm right, this is a picture of you and Charlie with her extraordinary toys."

My eyes were wide open not blinked for a couple of minutes as I stepped by him and saw the picture. It was an old drawing from when I was about...7? 8? I forgot. Charlie was one of my old friends and she had really great toys. I had great toys too but hers were robotic and always moved around without being in secret. On the picture there was me & Charlie sitting on the floor smiling. We were playing with Stanley the Unicorn rolling around on his railroad. Ella, the doll-looking one was in the picture, and her purple bunny Theodore on Charlie's lap.
In Mr Afton's mind, he thought You still miss her, don't you?
I wanted to say duh, because she was an old friend but I kept that to myself.
Instead I said "Yeah, good memories", as I slowly took the picture out of Mr Afton's hands.

"Well, I hope to see you again soon, Felicia", Mr Afton called out.

"No problem, Mr Afton", I replied.

Walking out of the pizzeria, I was blushing a little.

Thank goodness, he hardly notices...I think.

Quickly, I speed-walked on the way to my house on the sidewalks. Back in my cozy room, I was continuing reading my book with a flashlight.

This book is amazing so far! But...will that vortex thing come back?

That music again. That series of notes that were mostly the G note & G Major Chord. The blue lights from my closed closet.

It's back!

"Great Scott!", I quietly shouted, quoting Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

Stepping over to the closet, I open it, quick like a cat. The vortex is in fact back. Seeming like there was no time to waste, I let it suck me in. Theoretically, with a more positive attitude, the vortex sucks you in faster.

The spirals of blue were surrounding me. Full speed ahead, I was enjoying it.

"Cowabunga-ha-ha! Man I love movies!", I happily shouted.

The other end was opening and I kept on going with the flow.

Then it spat me out, causing me to land on my fro. My fro bounced my whole self back onto my feet miraculously.

Ok, 21st century, here's your 2nd taste of Felicia. Now I wonder if the others are here yet.

Then there were the screams. The familiar screams, but they weren't frightened, they sounded more happy. First came out Zach, then Chase, Mikey, Harold, Rosa, Mimzy, and lastly Rhonda just like last time. They were all trying to stabilize themselves on the silver-colored ground. We looked around the portal room and realized the lights were off again.

"Who keeps turning the damn lights off?", Zach questioned as his hand became engulfed with a red flame.

"I don't know, is the power not working?", Chase added as his fingers were engulfed with tiny, yellow lightning bolts.

"Maybe someone keeps turning it off", Rhonda suggested.

"Yeah, but who?", Rosa asked.

"Here, I'll turn the lights on", Chase volunteered.

He clapped twice and his lightning bolts shot up to the ceiling. The lights instantly turned on.

"Schweet!", I exclaimed.

Then we opened the door in front of us, leading us to the conference room. To the right of the room, we noticed there was another door. A door we never seen before until now. It was more taller and wider than the other door and next to it was a keypad. The keypad had 16 shiny silver buttons on it with no letters, numbers or symbols. The buttons were blank and there was no screen above it, just a little cherry light turned off.

"Anybody wanna try to solve dis thing?", Harold asked.

Looking around, I see nobody either didn't want to volunteer or wanted to but was nervous if someone else wanted to. I'm in that second scenario and so was everyone else.

"I guess I will", Rosa suggested as she shrugged and pushed her glasses back.

She stepped over to the keypad and pressed a random series of buttons that each had their own tone. The little cherry light blinked on and made a C# note beep. The wide door opened upward and some mist poofed at our faces. The wide doorway revealed a wide hallway. They were wide enough for all eight of us to walk in together at the same time.
It was a long, spacious hallway, longer than we expected. Either way, we kept on marching forward. It was very dim, then...it was pitch black. We all stood there frozen, only our eyes were frantically glimpsing all around. Then there came some lights, dim blinking colorful lights.

Am I dreaming again?, I thought. This looks a lot like my dream.

Suddenly, there was a floating white rectangle, coming close to the eight of us. It paused still floating and words were being written on it as if with an invisible writing utensil. After it was done, we froze at the sight of it.

In unison we read:
"When reminiscing or feeling plain
This hall will reveal Memory Lane.
Great for those who can't see the past,
you can see them again like a deja vu that will last.
Remember you can't change things back then, but it's important sometimes to look back when
things that might happen tomorrow no matter how jolly or full of sorrow."

After the last word, the giant letter disappeared.

That giant leter sounded like a poem or a riddle. And Memory Lane? Damn, I wonder what's next.

Right in front of me, there was a big blue light that looked like food coloring when you drop it in water. Curiousity, like it always did, dragged me in. Treading into the blue light, there was more blue light surrounding me. Then whispers spoke "Felicia, Felicia, Felicia", just like in my dreams. Willingly, I treaded over to the voices.

Those were no ordinary dreams, they were future visions. Now, I might figure out where those voices are coming from.

The lights in front of me were getting whiter and brighter. Of course since I didn't really like it, I squinted my eyes and covered my eyes with my open hands. The voices turned into one voice now, more clearer and more familiar. It was a young girl's voice calling out "Felicia". The light in front of me gradually became a vivid picture. It was a little girl with pale skin with pink tints on her cheeks and lips. She had dark brown hair in a ponytail and brown-ish green eyes. She wore a purple shirt, blue overalls and black shoes. That's Charile when she was young, smiling at little me. Back in those days, I sometimes had my hair in two buns like Minnie Mouse ears. Also I used to wear short sleeved shirts, shorts, leggings, and Mary Jane shoes. Right in front of me, I could see young Charlie and young me. Past me was wearing a light blue shirt, navy blue shorts, green leggings, and purple shoes.
It was like watching a movie about a memory of mine, and it looked so real.

Well, I guess it's safe to say... it's storytime!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro