30⚡️Betrayal

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

You walk a fine line between beautifully macabre and uncharacteristically psychotic.

Sri was sure her heart had just skipped some beats after she heard the gunshot. She didn't know what had scared her more, death or dying in the hands of the one she loved. Everything seemed to be a part of a still picture for few seconds until she heard a thud.

Bewildered, she turned around in the speed of light only to discover a dead body at her feet. The dark blood strained her shoes. The same man whom both of them were chasing. She bent down to check if he was breathing.

"You killed him!" She gasped pitchier than her usual voice.

"He will live. Besides, It was not the first time." Sri blankly gaped at the male as he continued, "Two years are long."

"Taehyung I-" She stood up only to get stopped but him with a hand gesture.

"I don't want to hear anything from you." He turned around and began walking away like a stranger.

"Tae please, listen to me." She ran to stop him who ignored her and continued walking. "Just listen to me! Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung froze on his steps at the end of the tunnel where the sun rays kissed only a part of his black hair. He didn't turn back, instead slumped his shoulder in disappointment. Sri saw how the grip on his gun tightened and body slightly shook. She raised her hands to place on his shoulder but retreated in the mid air.

"You fooled me, yet again." He finally faced her with a look which made her regret even for the actions that she haven't ever done. "Every single one of you did it. I was just a pawn to you gangsters from the beginning." The corners of his eyes were now red. He refrained from hyperventilating infront of her. He had been weak enough. They had taken advantage of him and played with his feelings.

"I had my reasons." Sri defended.

"Fuck your reasons! Last time you had same reasons when you faked your death!" He screamed. "Why is it so difficult for you to trust me, to include me in your plans? I am your husband for fucks sake!"

"I know." She whispered, "I know. This is the very reason I took this step. I don't want anyone to hurt you."

"But you have hurt me. You have not considered me enough to share your sorrows as well as worries. You thought it was better to just forget my existence and do your job in your own way. When will you stop being selfish and accept me??"

"You can never understand what I had to go through, Taehyung." She sheethed.

"To be honest, I don't want to. You never understood me. I needed you at that moment. My world was collapsing. I had lost my daughter. You were strong enough to console yourself by your own but I wasn't. I needed you, Soojung."

Sri fought back her tears. She heard her real name after two years. "It was hard for me too."

"We could have worked it out together. I thought maybe it was better for you to forget all of us. But no, you and your brother played a bigger game which included fooling me. You betrayed my trust. You took advantage of my love." He surrendered to his revolting tears.

"I- " She looked down in guilt.

"But you didn't. Do you even miss Taesoo? She was your daughter, your own blood. You were so much consumed in hunger for power that you even feigned to forget her existence. You failed as a mother."

"Stop it! Enough you had said!" She raised her gun at him. Her eyes were burning in salty tears. Tae remained unfazed by her actions. "Don't you dare question my motherhood! I had seen her death with my own eyes. I left everything just to give her justice. So, Don't."

"I'll say it again, you failed as a mother. Kim Sri." He spoke with authority and aimed his own weapon at her. "I am not afraid of you." They were so close that their muzzles were touching each other's body.

"I am going to see to the end of it. Whether you like it or not." She stubbornly replied. She removed the safety and Tae copied her actions. Both was consumed in so much rage that they forgot a part of their heart was owned by another. They forgot if one died the other would remain as a soulless vessel.

"I was the only person to love the queen of mafias and I'll be the only one she bowed to." He darkly chuckled. She felt the coldness of his voice contrasting the warm sunlight that hit her face. "Trust me, S, this time I'll not miss."

Tae met her eyes with ferocity. His body towered over her. He wasn't afraid of S. Two years changed him a lot. He retreated his weapon and walked away.

Sri saw his retreating body. She fired all the bullets in random directions with a scream. Her wrath and agony echoed in the dark pits of the sewage tunnel.

Taehyung closed the car door harshly and tucked the seatbelt. Jimin glanced at him from the driver's seat. The male was agitated for some reason. He saw how his jaws were tightened and reddish eyes shooting daggers at the road.

"Hey bud!" The pink hair of Jimin was now dyed in its original black. "Don't tell me you lost the target." Tae nonchalantly gestured with his hand indicating it was an easy job which he did perfectly.

"Then why are you grumpy?" Another female pipped in from the back seat.

"Not in the mood, Sherly." Tae gravely replied and focused his gaze out of the window. She tsked, her blonde hair shining in the sunlight. The new hair colour suited her.

"Shall we go for some fun?" Jimin abruptly stopped the car and took a sharp left turn without waiting for affirmation. "Tada!"

"What the fuck, Jimin! We are here for a mission!" Taehyung bewilderedly gaped at the Amusement park sign board.

"Aww, cmon! It wont harm us to enjoy a bit." Sherly opened the passenger's door and pulled him out.

"We cant get in with arms!" Tae hissed. To his reply, Jimin snatched the gun from his pocket and threw it in the car before locking the vehicle. "Lets go."

"Three entry tickets please!" Sherly bought the tickets while the boys waited for her in the entry gate.

Taehyung had planned to crash back in his hotel room and compose his mind. Meeting Sri was one of the most upsetting moment that day. He felt too betrayed to forgive her. She didn't deserve to know what happened to them after she left. She chose this for herself.

The ferries wheel ride was calming. Jimin and Sherly had taken another cubicle which he was thankful for. Jungkook got to know about their relationship, Tae wouldn't say the younger was pleased but he let it slide since he had too many things in his plate. As long as the two love birds do their job perfectly JK swore to remain out of the context.

The ride reached its highest point. It was now almost evening and the city lights were glowing amidst the purple hue. He could see the cars speeding through the road. An unique model of dark blue car caught his eyes. He couldn't make out the brand from such a distance but he liked its design. "Maybe a rich businessman." He mumbled and waited for the ride to stop.

So its the last sunshine live we are getting. I'll miss him. Lets meet in 2025. Go and come back safely hobi.💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro