32⚡️Threat

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Summer pretended to sneeze
And spit her Moon rock into weeds

Song Jongki was sipping on his glass of wine at the office table looking quite stressed. The ship containing drugs was supposed to have reached the country last night but it had been missing. He had a dealer waiting in the next three days, and if he couldn't supply, Eclipse would suffer a great loss.

"Boss!" One of his men ran inside his office. "The ship has been found."

"Finally!" The gang leader kept his glass on the table.

"But-" The duo was interrupted by a woman who quietly entered the room and stood beside Jongki with files in her hand.

"But?" Jongki ignored the female and continued to interrogate the man.

"But.." after a few seconds of hesitation he spilled, "But all the load have vanished. Someone had robbed us. Our men aboard had been killed."

"The fuck?! How is this possible?? It was a secret mission. Who would have known that??" Jongki was fuming now.

"I think it's the Titans."

"You think?? Don't speak unless you are sure. Now get lost and find the miscreant! I'll make sure he regrets his life's decisions." His eyes darkened to the deepest shade of black.

"Alia. Find out the exact details of the attack and under whose leadership did they rob."

"Yes, boss. If I had assumed correctly then, the attacker will target the factory next. We should increase the security there." Alia replied with an Arabic accent.

Name: Alia Mustafi

Profession: Planner and manager of Eclipse. Not into fighting.

Dislikes: Fighting and bloodshed.

Alia was a Muslim girl who had been working for him for about a year. She was famous for her intelligence. She was not into fights, it was her brain that amused Jongki. She was gifted by a Saudi gang leader as a token of friendship. Alia was loyal and did her job with diligence. She was a razor beauty behind the curtains.

"Fine then." He stood up and left the office with the wine bottle in hand.

The sky was overcast with dark nimbus clouds. The staircase was dark and Jongki didn't bother to switch on the light. The huge glass window along the staircase gave his lawn a wide display. Eclipse bodyguards stood at various positions. A bright streak of lightning momentarily lit up the surroundings. It was soon followed by a thunder. The wind increased its speed.

Jongki opened the door of his royal bedroom and closed the door behind him. The lighting shadowed a figurine on his bed. His breath hitched at the sight of an unwanted guest, however, the room was too dark to recognize the person. He immediately reached out for the light switch but was prevented from doing so. A cool blade was placed on his throat and a knee was pressing on his stomach. The person's other hand held his one that reached out for the switch just a few inches from the switchboard.

Jongki could feel the warm breath of the person on his face. The person was female. Her body proportions said it all. He could feel the sting on his throat as warm blood ticked down his shoulder blade.

"I am not going to kill you... yet." She darkly chuckled in his ears and broke into mocking laughter. The rain began pouring. The sound of the downpour was loud.

He deeply gulped and tightened his grip on the wine bottle. The lighting stuck once again and this time the light reflected on the razor-sharp pupils of the woman. The look that makes the lion rethink before attacking, the look that one can never forget even after death, and the very look which makes the entire world bow to her belonged to none other than S.

Jongki smashed the wine bottle in her head the moment the thunder roared. Shreds of glass shattered and the dark red liquid spilled everywhere. Some pierced through his skin. The knife fell on the floor along with the glass pieces. She stumbled back.

He once again reached out for the light switch but met with a strong punch which threw him off the ground. By the time he composed himself and got up, another lightning struck and he saw S's shadow jumping through the glass window. The shattering of glass echoed again.

Jongki quickly retrieved his gun and ran towards the broken window, making sure not to injure himself with the sharp ends. The window plane had drops of crimson on it which were getting spread by the rainwater. It was difficult to distinguish between red wine and blood. However, the lawn below his window was empty except for his confused-looking bodyguards who ran in different directions to catch her. The downpour was so heavy that nothing could be seen clearly. The sky was still dark.

He stepped aside just when a stone passed by his face and hit the floor of his room. He bent down to read the note attached to it.

"Keep running until I catch you."

He sweated. He had to ball his fist to stop his hands from shaking. He was intimidated by her. She looked vengeful. She would not surrender at any cost.

"Boss!!" Alia busted inside his room along with some of his men. Her eyes were wide at the sight,"Haye Allah... What happened?! We heard something!!"

The roar of an engine reached his ears. He saw a black sports bike speeding away from his mansion. "Go after her. I need her alive."

"Why did Rapunzel not beat up the witch?" Taesoo asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Because she was a good daughter even when the witch was a bad mother," Taehyung replied while keeping away the bedtime fairytale book.

"I don't like her. She should always fight evil. I won't be like her when I grow up." She pouted.

"What does Soo want to become when she grows up?" Tae wriggled his eyebrows at his child.

"I want to be strong like Momie and kind like you." She beamed which made him smile unconsciously. "I want to become a doctor like you!"

The felt a strange pain in his chest. He missed his old, kind self. Maybe that part of him was still alive somewhere in his heart. What kind of example was he creating as a parent? It was not long before Taesoo would grow up and realize who her mother was. "You do?" He handed over a glass of water to her.

She drank it in one go and replied, "Yes! I love the stetho."

"If you work hard enough...", he pulled the blanket over her, "you definitely will. You will be better than me. Now go to sleep. Okay?" He kissed her forehead and left the room.

He met with Jimin once he closed the door of Taesoo's room. "Wanna have a drink with us? I and JK are on the terrace."

"I'll be there in a few." The doctor excused himself and went into his room.

Jimin and Jungkook were seated on the elevated portion of the terrace watching the night city.

"Sherly was looking so gorgeous- Kookie~ Are you even listening?!"

"Call me by that name once more and I'll throw you off the roof." The younger threatened. He had enough of lovey-dovey shit or the night. He might puke if he heard more.

"Why are you so mean?" Jimin slurred he was in his sixth can of beer.

"Go to your girlfriend and stop bothering me!"

For some reason, Jungkook found himself irritated every time Jimin spoke about Sherly. He thought he would be okay with their relationship, but he wasn't. He had liked a woman for the first time in his life and it pained him to see her with someone else. He was the boss and he could easily use his power to get her but love is something that Jungkook never wanted by force. He believed it was the only thing that was beyond his means.

Amidst the chaotic duo, the third person was so quiet that Jk had forgotten his existence for a moment. Taehyung leaned on the railing below with the beer can in his hand. His eyes were focused on nothing as wind swept through his dark locks. He gritted his teeth once in a while.

Jimin was now passed out on the floor itself while Jungkook hopped down the porch and approached Taehyung. "I have noticed you are lost since you came back from Russia. What happened?" He stood beside him in the same posture.

"I meet Sri." He emotionlessly replied.

Jungkook was taken aback for a second but composed himself, "You did? And what did she say?"

"Cut the crap, Jeon! I know everything!" The threw the beer can toward him which he easily dodged.

Jungkook exhaled sharply and replied, "Look I don't know what are you talking about."

"You both have planned all of these! She never lost her memory. It was your master plan to play with me. I should have made her undergo medical treatment to prove her memory loss! I am such a fool. I trusted you guys!" he gripped the railing so tight that his knuckles turned white.

"So what about that?" Jungkook fixed his challenging gaze on the older.

Taehyung lost his cool. He held him by his collar and seethed, "Why didn't you involve me? I am her husband for fucks sake! I have the right to know about her!"

"She had her reasons. Are you going to stop her now?" Jungkook replied with amusement.

"I'll do whatever it takes to stop her from getting in my way. Jongki is mine. I'll take care of him."

"Good luck with that, Dr. Kim," Jungkook smirked and harshly pushed him away. "Next time you touch me, I'll tear the hand out of your damn body." He walked back into the mansion without looking back.

"Help Jimin to his bed." The heard Jk's voice from inside and he breathed heavily on the terrace. 

Guys I am back!!

Very handsome father-in-law we have.🫠

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro