Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

❝𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞,
𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖙.❞
- 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖎𝖚𝖘

Your POV:

Snip. Snip. Snip.

The sound of the scissors snipping away near my ear made my stomach churn. What if this haircut won't suit me at all and I look really.... ugly? 

The one I had asked for was a haircut for straight hair but my hair wasn't straight. Still the woman above me tried her best. 

Min-ji and Eul-soo sat behind me on those black plastic spindle chairs. I could see them through the mirror and they looked at me through the mirror too. The three of us chatted while the woman did my hair.

"A bit less here?" The woman asked, rifling her fingers through the hair on the back of my head. I squinted since I didn't have my glasses and tried to decide whether that would be okay.

"Just trim through, a little less volume," Min-ji answered her. "If your small hair gets volumised like your hair normally does, you'll look like one of those cartoon characters who faced the missile and had their hair blown back."

Her explanation made me laugh and the woman continued to snip at my hair. My thoughts drifted to Taehyung. What would he think? Will he like it? What if he thinks it makes me look ugly? 

I convinced myself that my hair would look great on me. About half an hour later, the woman stepped back and let me look at myself. I immediately grabbed my glasses which were on the table and placed them on my nose. 

I looked… okay. Not drop-dead gorgeous or the next ugly duckling. Just… okay. Maybe this was better than having to look ugly so I told myself that this is good.

"You look good," Min-ji said with a smile. 

"Let me touch you up with make-up and you'll make all the boys drop their jaws," Eul-soo said, and I could see her fingers itching to play themselves on my face with her various tools and powders and creams. 

"No, thank you," I said to her with a smile. "I don't want all the boys to do that–"

"Just Taehyung," Min-ji teased me. I blushed and gave her a warning glare. I always got defensive when they teased me. 

"Come on, let's pay and then go out for some food, I'm hungry," Eulsoo whined. Min-ji and I laughed as I made my way to the counter and paid the money. We went to a nearby café and sat on a square table for four.

Eul-soo immediately ordered four dishes for herself and Min-ji and I decided to just do with some coffee and cookies.

"Do you think you look good?" Eul-soo asked after a minute of comfortable silence. 

"I...," I didn't know how to answer that and was a bit confused but Eul-soo smiled ruefully as she placed her cold hand on top of my own warm one. 

"It doesn't matter if we think you're pretty but you don't feel pretty yourself," she said. "That moment when you feel beautiful, that's when you look the most beautiful. For us, it's just a haircut and you remain you, but when you look in the mirror, try to see that you're beautiful too."

"Eul-soo..." I smiled gently at her, my heart swelling at her attempt to make me feel better. 

"If somebody doesn't think you look good, but you think you do, doesn't that make you strong enough to fight back and tell that person that you are beautiful?" Eul-soo continued.

"Yes, yes it does," I nodded, placing my other hand on top of hers and warming her cold hand. "Eul-soo, don't worry. I'm trying and one day I will learn to accept myself. Why are your suddenly so worried?"

"You... might do something to yourself," she finally admitted with a sigh. "I have read about too many cases of people harming themselves, going into depression and committing suicide to just overlook the fact that you some times act similarly. I fear that you may get an eating disorder, or might harm yourself or wallow in your insecurities–"

"Eul-soo," Min-ji and I spoke at the same time, interrupting her effectively. Sharing a glance, Min-ji nodded to tell me to speak.

"I understand where you're coming from, but don't worry," I rubbed the hand held in my hands. "I am not going to gain any eating disorder and my insecurities may pile up, but I have you. When I have two amazing friends like you who keep me grounded, why would I let myself fall into a pit that is going to hurt myself?"

"Oh, (y/n)..." Eul-soo stood up and came over to our side of the table and sat beside me, sandwiching me between them and Min-ji between me and the wall. She hugged me from the side and I hugged her back, patting her back as she looked at me with sad, pleading eyes. "I don't want to lose you. You're one of the best things that's ever happened to me, and please know that I'm here no matter what happens. I can't bear the thought of losing you in any way."

My heart swelled at her words again, and a feeling of happiness washed over me as I realised– she wanted me. The feeling of being wanted and needed always makes a person feel more important and special in someone's life. 

"Neither can I," piped up Min-ji who tried to wrap her arms around the both of us. The waitress came with our food but the two didn't notice and she raised an eyebrow as she placed our plates. I awkwardly patted their elbows to draw their attention.

"Um, guys?" I said softly. They looked up and seeing the woman giving us weird looks, they let go. Eul-soo raised a challenging eyebrow which made the woman promptly leave us alone and she slid back into her seat opposite the two of us. "Well that was awkward."

The three of us laughed out loud and I was pretty sure we got more than enough weird stares but I didn't care.

◣◥◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◤◢

Updated/Published On:
6th September 2020
06/09/2020

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro