Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"You told Jin-hyung to do what?" Jimin wasn't sure if he had heard Yoongi's words correctly. They were standing behind the counter at Burger Palace, just chatting during the slow time after the lunch rush.

"I told Jin-hyung to agree to date the next person who asks him out." Yoongi had spoken to Jin this morning about his lack of a nice date in so long. He really wanted to see his friend be happy."That blind date was awful for him. I hope you feel bad for setting it up."

Jimin frowned."Well, I do feel bad that it didn't go well, but I was really hoping to help Namjoon-hyung finally have a serious relationship."

"So you asked Jin-hyung to do it? Jimin, you know he hasn't dated anyone for a few years." Yoongi was highly disappointed in Jimin, and it was certainly showing."You could have asked someone else. You could have asked Taehyung."

With a shake of his head, Jimin rolled his eyes."Taehyung would never agree to a blind date."

Yoongi crossed his arms over his chest and huffed."Jin-hyung wouldn't normally agree either. He only did it because you asked." Immediately after saying that, Yoongi bit his lip. He shouldn't have said that."Fuck."

"What do you mean?" Jimin didn't understand."Was it special because I was the one who asked?"

"No, not at all." Yoongi turned away from Jimin, desperately wishing he could just take back his words. He wasn't supposed to let Jimin know that Jin liked him. He was fully aware that Jin didn't want to make his feelings known.

Jimin tapped Yoongi's shoulder."But, Hyung, you said--"

"Oh, hey, Jungkook!" Yoongi spotted Jungkook enter the building at just the right time."How are things going with your new girlfriend?" He put emphasis on the word girlfriend to make Jimin be quiet.

And it worked. Jimin hung his head low and walked away from the counter, heading to his spot on the food line.

Jungkook approached the counter and grinned widely."Hey, Yoongi-hyung. Things are great actually. We've only gone on a couple dates so far, but she's a really sweet girl. I like her a lot."

"So what's her name?" Yoongi faked curiosity, seeing that Jungkook was clearly very happy.

"Chaeyoung." Jungkook pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned on the screen before turning the phone toward Yoongi."Look. This is a picture we took together yesterday. Isn't she so pretty?"

Yoongi gave a small nod of approval."Yes, she is pretty. So you're straight, huh?" He knew it was mean of him to speak to Jungkook like this while Jimin was still able to hear them. Honestly, Yoongi couldn't care. He wanted to be mean to Jimin. He wanted to make Jimin pay in some way for causing Jin to be upset."We were all wondering if you were straight or maybe bisexual. I don't know why. Maybe you just gave off that sort of vibe."

Jungkook cocked his head a little to the side."I'm a hundred percent straight, Hyung." He peered past Yoongi when he heard the loud clank of a skillet falling on the floor."You okay, Jimin-hyung?"

Jimin quickly squatted down to pick up the skillet he had dropped."Yeah, I'm, uh, fine." In a rush, Jimin headed to the back to wash the skillet.

Putting his phone back into his pocket, Jungkook peeked up at the menu that was hanging above."I think I'll bring Chaeyoung here for dinner later. She might like to meet you guys. I just know you guys will like her."

Yoongi was pretty satisfied with himself now. He knew Jimin was upset. Though, a small part of him felt bad."That would be nice. Just make sure you warn her that I'm an ass and Taehyung's an idiot."

"I'm not an idiot!" Taehyung shouted from the drive-thru window.

"I know, Taehyung. I'm just teasing." Yoongi always thought it was funny to tease Taehyung.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure she's prepared." Jungkook lightly tapped his hands on the counter."Anyway, I am just here to get a few burgers. My brother is waiting for me to take food home."

Yoongi rolled his eyes."So you come here for food on your day off? I figured you would want food from somewhere else. Don't you get sick of eating these burgers?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders a little."Well, yeah, I do, but my brother loves these burgers. This is what he wants to eat."

"So how many burgers?" Yoongi pressed a few buttons on the register.

Jungkook thought for a short moment before answering."Hmm, ten. Ten cheeseburgers."

Yoongi perked an eyebrow."Ten cheeseburgers. Anything for your brother?" he joked.

"Hyung, you weirdo." Jungkook laughed."I'm not going to eat all of them. I mean, I probably could, but I'm not going to."

After ringing up the ten cheeseburgers, Yoongi told Jungkook the total. Once the amount was paid, Yoongi glanced toward the line and saw that Jimin wasn't back yet. With a sigh, he headed to the back to see what Jimin was doing."Jimin. I need you back on the line."

A gross sniff was heard."Okay, Hyung..." Jimin answered with a shaky voice."I'll be out there in a second." There was another sniff.

Rounding a corner in the back, Yoongi found Jimin sitting on the floor with his back against the wall."Hey, you okay?" This didn't look good at all.

Jimin shook his head and refused to look up at Yoongi."I never stood a chance with him, Yoongi-hyung." Using his apron, Jimin wiped his nose."He's straight. He never could have liked me back."

Now Yoongi felt even worse about talking to Jungkook like that when Jimin could hear them. He squatted down beside Jimin and let out a heavy sigh."This just means Jungkook isn't the one for you. You'll find someone else."

"What if I don't?" Jimin rubbed his eyes with the backs of his hands, wiping away tears.

"Jimin." Yoongi spoke with a stern tone."You're the one who kept setting me up on blind dates, determined to help me find the right person. If I could eventually find the right person, so can you. I mean, there have got to be a lot more people who like you, as opposed to the number of people who like me. I'm cranky and rude. You're really nice. You'll find someone who'll be your perfect match."

Lifting his gaze, Jimin forced himself to smile just slightly."Okay, Hyung. You're right."

"Of course I'm right." Yoongi gently pat Jimin's shoulder."Now wipe off your face, blow your nose, and get back to the line. The food can't make itself."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro