7. Lies

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avi | Vrishti

I hate rain!!

Haww why

What is even good about this rain! Dirt and mud.
And everything is so sticky.
I hate it!

Oh😔

How does it even start to rain out of nowhere especially when I'm out😩

Sad! Lucky you.
My mom says only lucky people get to have rain in their life.

I don't want to be that kind of lucky. I don't want rain.

I'll go. I'm occupied.

Wait
Listen
Trouvaille

None of the ten messages that Avi sent were received. Though she didn't say it, she seemed upset with him. He would have continued to send her messages if he didn't start sneezing. He was definitely going to have fever after getting soaked in the rain unwillingly. He went to his room to for a hot shower, in hopes that it will help.

Vrishti was looking out of the window, trying to trace the trickling rain drops on her windowpane. A sad smile appeared on her face. She gently opened the window and put out her hand, letting the raindrops drench her parched soul. It rained out of nowhere when her mother went in labour, that was always a story to tell in the Singhal household, the story of her birth.

The Delhi winter rained cats and dogs that day. When she was finally out in the world after a struggle of four hours, leaving her mother exhausted. Her father felt the warmest when the nurse had put her in his arms, wrapped in a green fuzzy blanket. He glanced at the window while he held her. The rain was still striking the maternity ward and her father named her Vrishti. She was going to be the rain of warmth in their lives. They were lucky to have her, no one else wanted rain in their life anyway.

Trouvaille
Where did you go?

Buddy!

Vrishti picked up her phone to continue with her video game. She was so close to beating her own high score. Her phone was bombarded with notifications of messages from her stranger friend, who didn't want her. She knew that was not true and she was blowing things out of proportion and he didn't deserve this but she was upset and decided to remain upset. She cleared her notification bar and started with her match.

Listen na.

I. Am. Not. Free. To. Entertain. A. Stranger. All. The. Time.

Oh!

That was all he could say before comprehending what was even happening and when he did, his anger shot up. After what? A month or more he's just a stranger? He had been going crazy over possibly hurting this person he could never think of even raising his voice at and gets that in return? And over what? Nothing. Nothing that he can possibly think of. It was so unfair to him.

Oh. A stranger. Yeah. Right. Right. I'm sorry. I went out of lane.

He didn't think twice before sending that message to her and even that couldn't calm him down and smash! There went his phone, broken to pieces, lying on the mahogany floor of his room. It was irredeemable, the phone. Then he looked at the floor and then covered himself with the fluffy blanket, hoping to sleep his fever away.

The message was delivered and it pinched her somewhere. She archived the chat and went back to playing her game, the game she was losing. She tossed the phone on the pillow and got out of her bed. She had no time to think of a Stranger, or so she thought. All of her thoughts were clouded by that very stranger.

◇◇◇

"What's up bro? Where are you lost these days?" Nikhil slid his hand in Avi's neck as he took a seat beside him in the canteen.

"I literally come to college everyday. Stop being dramatic." Avi shrugged the hands off of his shoulder.

"Yeah right. Look at yourself. You are so zoned out all the time these days." Nikhil took a bite of his sandwich.

Avi had nothing to say. It has been four days of cold War between him and his online friend. He looked at the last message he sent her in fit of rage. He let out a breath. He couldn't figure out what got him so bad. He was a calm guy otherwise. He closed the chat and locked the phone. He didn't want to think of it. He didn't care. It was raining outside. He didn't care. He looked at students enjoying in the rain. He didn't care. He thought of her. He didn't care. Lies you tell yourself.

◇◇◇

A/N: A fight! Cold wars! What did just happen. Why!!!! End of it all? Stay tuned for Tomorrow's update. Comment! Thank you. ♥️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro