Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Graham? Wake up!"

Graham opened his eyes, and looked around for the voice that called to him.

"Graham! Come on! It's time for breakfast!" Jenna stood at the door and beckoned.

He stood up slowly, the grogginess wearing away as he stretched and followed her out of the room.

They followed the crowd who all walked slowly towards the big dining hall, muted muttering drowned by the sound of the grating chairs and utensils.

They stood in line, Jenna and him stood side-by-side, her hand slipping into his comfortably.

"You okay? Any bad dreams?"

"I'm okay. Just a different bad dream today." He shook his head. "What about you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Graham. I told you, I don't have bad dreams, my reality is way worse than what I can dream up." Jenna shrugged.

"Look Jenna, forget all of that. It's in the past now. This is your present. Me and this watery oatmeal.." he grinned when she giggled.

As they ate their breakfasts in silence, their left hands were still held together, neither wanting to let go.

"What?" Jenna noticed his frown.

"I just miss my mom's pancakes and my dad's chocolate brownies"... he sighed.

"Maybe they'll let us go and have some ice creams, later." Jenna tried to be optimistic.

"Well I could try asking Dr. Fields? I have the 10 A.M session with him."

"Will you do that? You are so sweet Graham!"

"Well I will do anything for my girlfriend."

"I'm not your girlfriend!" She pulled her hand from his, frowning.

"But you are a girl and you are my friend!"

"But a girlfriend is someone who you may marry in the future!" Jenna winced.

"I would like to get married to you someday. Doesn't that automatically make you my girlfriend?", Graham studied her face.

"Graham! Ughhhh!" She got up and ran away from the room.

Graham got up and ran after her to stop her but she was already gone, locking her room in after her.

He hung his head down, and went back to his room, not willing to see the faces of the others in the dining hall.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mr. Fields?" Graham knocked the door of the room.

Graham waited, hoping to talk to him about going out for ice cream. Maybe he can apologise to Jenna then and she may forgive him. He closed his eyes and leaned against the wall, thinking.

What would have happened to the bullies? Were they still beating up people like him? Or did more people learn to fight like he learnt Karate and defend themselves?

Graham shook his head at that memory. He had been very desperate to become their friend, but eventually realised how futile it was. They were nice to me agh other, but monsters with everyone else.

Graham opened his eyes when he heard a sound from within the room.

"Dr. Fields-"

Dr. Fields was slumped onto the table, a knife sticking out of his back. Graham slowly started backing away from the room.

"Son! Fancy seeing you here!" Graham's father strode out from behind the curtain, clutching a gun in one hand, and a familiar bag in the other.

"Dad? What are you doing here? What happened to Dr. Fields?"

"I told him I wanted to see you, he didn't let me, so I did him in nice and easy, just like your mother and sister."

"What?"

"Yes. They didn't listen to me so I did them in. Are you going to listen to me or are should I do you in to?"

"Father no!" Graham ran out of the room, entered the janitor's closet and locked it.

"Graham? Where are you?" Came his father's muffled, nasally voice.

Graham searched around the room for something, anything to help.

Suddenly Graham remembered Mr. Morris's words, about calling him. He searched his pockets desperately trying to find the card that usually kept in his left pant pocket.

Graham let out a shocked laugh when he found it.

"Graham? Open the door!" His father commanded him.

Graham looked around the room hoping to find a cellphone. He searched the janitor's change of clothes and clutched the cellphone in his hands in disbelief.

He was shaken out of reviere when the door gave a weak noise but didn't budge.

Graham frantically unlocked the phone, which was surprisingly unlocked, and proceeded to dial Mr. Morris's number.

Tring tring....... tring tring....... The phone continued to ring till the voicemail message instructions came.

"I will not stop!" Graham's father grunted as he kept hitting the door of the janitor's room repeatedly, the door shuddering at the amount of force, but did not budge.

Before Graham could hit the call button again, he got a text message from Mr.Morris's number.

Graham quickly opened the messages, ready to type out a Help message when the door gave an almighty creak and fell to the ground.

"Son!" His father walked in slowly, noticing the cellphone clutched in Graham's hands.

Graham almost cried out at seeing a few other bodies and blood beyond the door.

"I hate you for making this really hard! You had a choice! But now you don't." He walked closer to Graham who dropped the phone and slowly retreated, looking for something to hit him with, but nothing was within his grasp.

"But you are my son! I don't want to make this painful for you! Here!" Graham's father took a handful of some white powder and literally stuffed it on to Graham's face, but he ducked in time and it went all over his hair.

"Stupid boy." He muttered as he dropped the knife and the bag and held his son's face in one hand and stuffed the powder properly onto his nose and mouth.

Graham started gasping for breath, but somehow some familiar sensations made him feel calmer.

His father let go of Graham who slammed head-first into the floor, to search for the knife.

The last thing Graham heard as he struggled to stay awake were few gunshots and people shouting.

Hey I'm back!

*fends of the virtual tomatoes*

I apologise for my prolonged absence. 

College just zaps the energy from me, and I didn't want to give anything other the perfection for this book, so forgive me.

I hope you are all doing well.

Loads of M&Ms

bookbutterfly1999

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro