Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Elton
I was awoken from my sleep when I heard the doorbell ring. When I peeped through the door hole, I saw Audrey looking so exhausted. Where had she gone to and what had happened to her? As soon as I opened the door, I saw her give up. She collapsed right in my arms.

Drey!!! I screamed. She lay feeble as I continuously shook her. With her eyes already shut from exhaustion, I carried her to one of the seats in the hall and sprinkled some water on her but she didn't wake up. Hoping she might get up later, I decided to sit by her for the time being. Seconds passed and now a minute had already come but she still was not awake.

Later on, when my mind was wondering in silence, I heard her cough. Drey! I nervously said. She sat up and I could see how tired she was. How are you doing? Don't stress yourself too much okay I'm going to bring you some water. But when I said this, she shook her head.

Why what's wrong? I asked. Anyways what happened to you? I asked concerned.

All she did in return was wrap her hands around my waist and bury her face in my shirt. She cried so hard and I let her in silence.  I hugged her too rubbing her back alongside.

After some minutes, she stopped and I asked again. What happened to you? Is it the necklace?

"It was true," that was all she said making me totally confused. I didn't understand anything but she kept on saying "it was true" like a programmed robot.

It was 10pm now and though my mum wouldn't arrive home today, I had to get Audrey to her place. "Let me take you home. Its getting late." I said but she clung to me shaking her head to inform me that she didn't want to go.

Just then, an idea popped into my mind. I took her cell and texted her mum to tell her that she would spend the night over at my place. 

I got Drey to stand up afterwards and then I sent her to her room. I had already prepared the guest room some days ago for my mum's visitor who after all my hardwork didn't turn up.

As she lay on the bed, I kissed her goodnight on her forehead promising to check up on her from time to time throughout the night.  I only guessed she might need some space as she wasn't saying much but that wasn't the case. She rather to my surprise said "please don't go Elt."

Edwin
Oh my God ! What have I done? What the hell got over me? I questioned nobody.

Audrey and that necklace made me sick. Watching him with her made me want her more and I couldn't control myself any longer. This is what had pushed me to do what I did. I had not meant any harm at all to her.

Audrey
How I managed to get home, only the heavens could tell. It had really been a longer journey than i thought.  If it hadn't been for Elton, who had opened the door just in time, I would have just collapsed outside and lay there till morning.

Now, I lay on the bed where he had placed me and continue repeating these three words; "it was true."

Don't go Elton, please stay with me," I said to him. As loving as always, he came back and sat by me. He brushed the hair off my face and turned to look into my eyes.

He said the one thing I had been avoiding since I came home. "Baby, what happened?"

I couldn't bring myself to hide anything from him anymore due to what happened the other time's incident. Seeing that I didn't want to talk about it, he said, "Just have rest if you do not want to talk about it."

I ignored his suggestion and started briefing him  on all that had happened.

"It was true as you said it Elt. Edwin is in love with me. I went to look for the necklace in the car but when I couldn't find it, I decided to go to his place to look for it. He had all this well planned Elt*cries*

What did he do Drey? Elton asked silently in panic. I said what did he do? He said raising his voice this time around. 

Filled with sadness and full of disgust I said, He tried to take advantage of me Elt. I said crying louder as the images of the incident flashed across my mind.

Elton
Now, I was burning in fury. I'm going to kill that idiot this time. I wont spare him anymore. Before I could turn around and head towards the door, I noticed that Drey had passed out. She lay in the bed like a lifeless body and this made me scared.

Audrey! I called out. She was so weak and couldn't even open her eyes. 'Elt, don't leave she murmured. I am here okay, just take some rest. I said holding her hand firmly.  That bastard has crossed his line this time and I was indeed going to deal with him no matter what.

I looked at Audrey so fragile in my bed. Her head lay on the pillow making her look irresistible.

Drey was the second and last child of her parents. Her elder brother, Derrick was such a hedonist. He roamed all through the city and was known by everyone. Though he loved his sister so much, he never really paid attention to her. Audrey lived in a very big mansion.

Her parents were rich but not compared to the riches my family had. They pampered Audrey a lot but amazingly she never turned out to be some spoilt brat as many who found themselves in her shoes would be.

Cooking was something she really loved to do for me and I would agree her food had such special taste. To be frank my mother could beat her to that.

All these amazing thoughts of mine were cut of when my mind drifted back to Edwin, the imbecile, and what he had done to the only girl I've ever loved.

There was no way I was going to forgive him for this even it it caused my dismissal from school.

Hey guys! Hope you're all safe.
Lexine_Zed thanks so much for your support.

Do you think Edwin loves Audrey or he just lusts for her?
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Much love.💋💋💋

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro