Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Special thanks to @_Mayowa_for my book cover. If you love it you can privately message to get yours too.

Elton

For the first time in a long while, Audrey had not showed up at school .It was almost time for school to be over and after all the calls, voice mails, and text messages, I was beginning to get worried.

Her friend Chanelle, after the incident with Drusilla, wasn't getting along with me so well like she used to do. Well, I knew that she had never really liked me since I started dating Audrey but she at least spoke to me sometimes. However, now, she doesn't at all.

I felt uneasy. My conscience wouldn't let me rest one bit knowing fully well that Drey might be angry with me. I knew Chanelle wouldn't want to talk with me so I decided to call her using Stanley, my best friend's number after I called her with my cell.

Unfortunately, the call did not go through either...

Now more than ever, I was confused on what else to do. What in heavens name was happening to her at this point in time?

Did she fall ill? Or did Drusilla do something stupid again?

Thinking of  the devil, she appeared right in front of me with a smirk.

She got nearer and then suddenly, she wrapped her arms around my neck, kissing me as if we had something really heated going on between us.

I could swear that she was the most disgusting girl that I have ever met. 

She was a very cheap slut. "Not that there were expensive sluts anyways," I shrugged.

I pushed her away from me angrily and screamed at her, "Are you insane? Do you have no dignity for yourself as a lady?"

Not knowing, Edwin had already seen us and drawn his own conclusions.

Not that I cared about he seeing us but for he to misinterpret all what he seen to Audrey, that was my biggest worry.

"No you are rather the jerk for cheating on a girl who deeply loves you," he said in Drusilla's defense, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Its a pity that you are taking advantage of someone who really cares for you. She just missed school for a day and here you are, flirting with another girl. Believe me, even though she doesn't want to have anything to do with me, I will make sure that she finds out about who you truly are."

"Also, about who is insane, I bet you should already know that you are!" he screamed.

The insults were enough. I had lost control of myself and punched him in the cheek making blood ooze out of his nostrils. It surely was enough to make him come back to his senses and prevent him from ranting further.

I walked away from him as he struggled to get up.

I felt so miserable today.

I felt so bad and broken just like the day mum told me that dad had died in a plane crush. 

"You've got what you wanted now right," I said facing Drusilla.

"Always making everyone think that I am the bad guy when you are the cause of all my problems," I blurted out at her. I totally regret the night I involved myself with you.

That actually has been a very big mistake in my life. If not, I will be living an extremely peaceful life with my girlfriend away from all the troubles you have single handedly caused me.

What? she said confused.

"Yes! you are just bad luck. Everywhere Drusilla is, there surely is trouble for Elton. Or don't you see that? 

Make sure that you never come an inch close to my skin because if you do, then you will leave me no other choice than to skin you alive." I said and then turned away, taking larger steps than usual to my classroom.

Elton! wait up. Listen I'm sorry ok.. She screamed at me trying to get my attention but I was in no mood at all to listen to any bullshit of hers.

Injured Edwin was still on the floor during my entire talk with Drusilla and I knew that sooner or later, I was going to be called to the Principals office for at least a weeks suspension.

That for now was no news and I don't know why but I just did not seem to care at all.

All that mattered was if Drey was in good shape at the moment.

Chanelle

I woke up only to find myself in my room. Wasn't I at Audrey's place some moments ago or was it a dream? I asked myself, looking at my surroundings so confused.

I then remembered  that Derrick had offered to drop me off.

Yeah... I remember sitting in the vehicle with him but well, now I didn't know how I got into my room and not a guest room. Could it be that the jerk had carried me up here?

Suddenly, my phone's notification sound was heard. It seemed I had a message. I took out my phone from my handbag only to find out that I had several missed calls from Derrick and an unknown number.

"But what at all did Derrick want from me again?" I thought.

The unknown number, who could it be?  It wasn't  foreign either otherwise I will have assumed it was mum.

That reminded me, I had to call mum to let her know that I had reached home safely but first, I wanted to find out who called with the strange number because I never gave my contact out to strangers.

After trying several times, I gave up. If the person needed me, he surely would call.

Checking myself, I saw the note that Derrick had left on my side table. 

I wont go! I said strongly to myself but my phone gave the pop sound notifying me that I had received a message again.

Derrick: Wakeee! princess.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of he referring to me as a princess through the text.

Me: I'm tired Derrick. I wont be able to go for your planned dinner.

Derrick: But I have already paid.

Me: You should have at least consulted me first before making the reservation.

Derrick: no time

Me: Go fuck yourself. I am not moving an inch away from home.

Derrick: Then I will come over.

Me: Can you not understand anything?

Derrick: No!

Me: I will be busy

Derrick: I will be very glad to lend you a helping hand.

Me: Thank you but that wont be necessary.

Derrick: I'm coming over whether you agree to it or not.

After endless quarrels and arguments, I finally agreed. He wouldn't have given up anyways because his mind was already made up.

"Great!" he replied to my message but I just ignored him just to keep things short.

Elton

I had got enough insults. Its only Drey who could make me joyful at least for a moment.

Her presence was what mattered  for now but she was nowhere to be found.

At least I had tried my best. I have called her several times nonstop and the last call I placed said that her phone was switched off. So strange.

I hope she knew she was really giving me a hard time. No explanation whatsoever, she was just ignoring me.

I took my cell from my pocket and noticed that Chanelle had phoned me. At least, I had a slight   chance to reaching Audrey now. I just hope that she is fine.

Derrick

I had to get ready as soon as possible. It was thirty minutes to time and I did not want to keep my angel waiting even for a minute.

Checking out my dress once again, I passed by Audrey's room to see if I looked perfect but unfortunately for me, she was asleep, looking as peaceful as her old self.

It was time I spoke man to man to this Elton of a guy who has occupied more space than I in my sister's heart.

Hope he gave me some good explanation for all this fuss going on here because I will make his life really miserable if he didn't.

On  my way to Chanelle's house, I passed by a shop to get some flowers for Chanelle and some pizza too. I had a feeling that since  I had forced her into accepting this proposal, she would punish me by making me starve.

But well, I was proved wrong. Guess I didn't imagine her personality well enough. I should give her some more credit than I already did.

The door opened after some minutes of me standing out. This girl was really tough to let a whole me stand out that long, I thought. 

The door opened wide and revealed what I never thought of seeing.

Hi guys! I apologize for keeping you waiting.

Thank you all for your support so far and 700+ reads😘😘😘 As usual, please do not forget to vote and comment. Have a nice time. 

xoxo..

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro