Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Audrey
While arguing with Elton about the necklace, Edwin called.

I had forgotten to call him when I got home.

Now, I looked confused.  When I picked, he sounded worried. What the fuck! He made the hospital authorities discharge him when he hadn't fully recovered yet.

Elton was really furious after I had ended the call but finally, I got him to calm down.

Can I come with you?

Elton.... he just seemed worried. Stay here. I promise I will come back as soon as everything is settled.

Please, I want to go with you.

"I don't think it will be right, I answered.

"Why not?

"I think he just wants someone to talk to that's all.. I tried convincing Elton but he wouldn't agree.

"He can do so while I'm there, Drey. I'm coming with you. Listen I wont cause any harm to him if that's what you're scared of. Just let me go and besides I can apologize to him for the beating I gave him though he deserved it for flirting with you, he said.

He did not Elton. It was only a mistake.

"Can't you see what he feels for you, Drey? Its love. Edwin is getting too fond of you.

"I don't agree with you Elt. He is only a friend.

Okay! he said in surrender. But I'm going with you to his home. I also have a mission there, he smiled.

"Shall we leave now?

Without looking at him, I picked my bag and headed downstairs to the door. When I was about to pull the door open, he grabbed me and began to clear the hair on my face.

"Edwin loves you, Drey and I know it. You'll believe me when he confesses it someday but I wont let him get near you Audrey because you are mine alone."

At the end of this, he gave me a mischievous smile, wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead.

He was mine and I was his.

Edwin
I got up from my sleep only to realize that I was all alone. Audrey was nowhere to be found.

At first I thought we spending the night together was a dream but I could remember it vividly.  Feeling abandoned, I decided to take my plan into action.

My nurse came by as usual to check on me and asked how I was doing.

"I'm doing great. When will I be going home?

My dad had no idea of what was going on with me at the moment and i planned to keep it as such.

He will obviously make a big deal out of it if he got to know.

He had travelled to France and has been there for the past week. Lara too was in school and in got to arrive home before she did.

Unfortunately, after I got home after been discharged, she also arrived with a fever.

She was so hot. What could I do. She had a nosocomephobia so I didn't want to take her to the hospital.

First aid and some drugs was what I had seen my dad's friend give her when she got like this several times but I didn't know exactly what he did as I never paid heed to what he did.

My only option was Audrey since she was the closest girl I had made friends with so far. I also felt that she would be so glad to help because she  was very kind hearted.

Audrey
Elton drove in silence and I was just wondering what he was thinking about.

"And what on your mind?"

I could still see he was lost in thoughts and couldn't hear what I had asked him.

"Elton,"

"Hey! What is the shouting for? He snapped.

"Sorry, he apologized looking from the road to me.

"So what are you thinking of Elt. Tell me I'm all ears.

"Nothing, he replied.

"Really? Okay? I snapped at him.

As soon as we got to Edwin's,  I got down from the car without waiting for him to open my side of the door.

With my handbag, I headed towards Edwin's mansion.

When I pressed the doorbell, the door opened suddenly like he was waiting behind the door and there stood Edwin.

He looked so wretched. His eyes bloodshot, his hair messy and his face  so pale, informing me that he had cried.

What's......

Before I could end my statement, he hugged me suddenly.

It was so weird that I stood shocked not knowing what to do.

It was until his tears dropped on my shoulders that I wrapped my hands around him and rubbed his back gently.

Elton
Since I was going with Audrey to Edwin's, I decided to drop her off with my car so that she needn't pick a cab. On our way, I was deep thoughts.

"What if Audrey one day chose Edwin over me," was all I could think of.

Lost in these thoughts,  I didn't even hear her mention my name and I could do when she asked was lie when she asked what was wrong.

I could feel she was bored but there was nothing I could do.

Mostly, I'd flatter her when I'm hiding something from her but then today, I was so plain and blunt and I knew she realized it.

As soon as I stopped the car, she got down and I knew for once that she was angry.

I let her go because as I knew she loved to be pampered and this, I wasn't in the mood for that so I let her be.

Getting closer to Edwin's mansion, I saw that the jerk was embracing my Drey.

If not for the love of God and the love I had for him, I swear I could have broken his nose once more.

The sound from the clearing of my throat was what startled them and made them break away from each other.
Hey guy's! Hope you enjoyed.
  Do you think Edwin loves Audrey as a friend or more than a friend.

Please vote, comment and share.

You can privately message me too so we have a chat love😊

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro