But the trees are wearing coats,
And I've seen the whistling wind,
Wearing a scarf around it's throat,
So do not waste your worry,
On all my blizzards and my storms,
I've got my own internal flame,
That always keeps me nice and warm.

Saboohi

I groaned before turning on my other side. My stomach protesting with the rumbling. Rubbing a hand over my stomach, I shook my head. My eyes pressing more close.

Only if I could hold in my hunger and sleep for a few more minutes.

A delicious smell wafted past my nostrils and I groaned again hearing a door close somewhere. The shuffling from around me had me opening my eyes to glare at the man. Jahan sauntered around with a tray of food and placed it on the round table in the corner of our room. And I sprang up in bed.

" New York!"

My excited shriek was loud enough to even catch attention of the people outside our suite and the man turned to look at me before he chuckled.

" Yes New York!"

My eyes grew large and my mouth turned into a grin as I looked around the unfamiliar room. My eyes looking around in astonishment.

" Breakfast is here. You should probably eat something."

Jahan said before he stole a thing or two from the plate and popped it in his mouth. I cut my eyes to him and frowned looking at the warm sheets around me. My features morphing in a frown as I noticed wearing the same dress I wore during the flight.

" Did you carry me here?"

The man cocked a brow before muttering something under his breath.

" I didn't Saboohi. You don't remember?"

I looked confused at him and scratched my neck.

" I don't remember walking up here. Last thing I remember is being on the car driving through the night. "

His mouth fell as he shook his head and moved to the tray again.

" I did not carry you although you were super tired and sleepy. You did walk here yourself and about your clothes- I told you to change when we reached here but you were super grumpy. "

He explained and I pouted. I stretched my arms and left the tiredness still linger somewhere between my bones; as if I had walked all the way to New York. My eyes wondered to Jahan again as he pulled his suitcase open. Fishing out his tie.

" Are you leaving?"

I asked, leaning back against the heavenly pillows and pulling the covers with me. He spared me a look before looking for his tie again.

" Yes, I've got my clothes all sorted out. My workshop will start in half an hour and I'll be downstairs in one of the halls. You be a nice lady and stay in here because of course you wouldn't want to get lost in the hotel, now would you?"

He smirked and I rounded my eyes.

" You are so unbelievable. What do you mean? I'll be staying in here for the week while you attend your workshop?"

I scrunched my face and crossed my hands across my chest.

" You should have left me back home then."

Jahan chuckled and I shot him a quick glare seeing him walk towards me.

" You won't be staying here for all week. I'll take you out when I return but you see, I cannot allow you to saunter alone in this new city."

He spoke softly and I nodded. Half heartedly forgiving him.

" But you'll take me out when you return?"

I asked skeptically and he nodded with a big grin. I nodded back mumbling a small 'okay'.

The man disappeared behind the door which I suppose was the bathroom. And I closed my eyes. The extra soft mattress and heavenly pillow doing wonders to my tired body. Minutes later when the bathroom door opened, I sprang up again. Seeing my husband all dressed up for his workshop. The black suit he wore sporting his body perfectly. His hair all messy and standing in wonderful direction before he brushed them and styled them back.

I sat crossed leg on the bed seeing him get ready and I pouted already missing him. But wait- New York awaited me and I internally squealed.

" Saboohi, I am telling you again please stay in the room till I am back-"

" What time do you return?"

I cut him off and ask almost immediately.

" 5"

" What 5? And what do we get to do after 5?"

My mouth slackened with distaste.

" Saboohi, I'll be downstairs but please don't do anything otherwise I won't be able to work-"

" Am I such a distraction?"

I threw him a smirk before batting my eyelashes and flipping my hair behind my back seeing the man shake his head and wrap the tie around his neck.

" Not that kind of distraction but I'll be worried for you."

I huffed and placed my hand under my chin.

" Fine then. What floor are we on?"

I asked looking at the window, seeing the outlines of the skyscrapers.

" 7th floor."

I hummed seeing the man now do the cords of his shoes.

" Okay then. I'll be leaving now-"

" Oh no. Come here I'll kiss you goodbye!"

He chuckled as I stretched my arms out to him. His amber brown eyes narrowing as he looked at me skeptically.

" What has New York gotten into you?"

I puckered my lips, waving my arms at him.

" Haven't you heard- when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Now come on hurry up."

He chuckled before walking towards me. His heightening figure towered over the bed and I cupped his cheek. Stopping in he's away from his lips, I gasped.

" Oh shit, I haven't brushed."

" Saboohi what!"

He chuckled yet again and I leaned forward and kissed his stubbled cheek.

" I love you dear husband. I'll miss you."

I said brushing my nose with him seeing the man nod.

" Okay. But remember what I said. Have your breakfast and I'll have your lunch sent here so you wouldn't have to worry. I'll meet you in a few hours."

He pecked my cheek real quick and straightened up before collecting his stuff and laptop. I waved at him seeing him walk to the door.

" Saboohi, have your breakfast I can hear your stomach grumbling."

I blushed red in embarrassment as he said that with a wink and my stomach made more ugly noises to embarrass me more. I waved him off seeing him open the door and exit the suite.

Minutes passed and I walked out from the most beautiful and luxurious washroom all showered and brushed up. My tall figure sported a white button down shirt that had fancy flower and bead motifs on the collar area and I had effortlessly tucked it in my white high waisted flappy pants. Barefoot on the spotless floor, I walked to the round table and devoured my breakfast that wasn't that fancy but still delicious. Stuffing another bite of thin waffles in my mouth, I skipped to the half wall windows.

The view outside was blooming. The vast sky was painted with the thin sun rays with the clouds against the horizon and below them were skyscrapers. Tall and towering and mind blowing. I could see them a little far away from where we were living. Before was another building and by the way people walked in and out, it seemed to be an office as well. Down on the road were people hastily walking away to their destination. Life rushing over.

I moved away from the window and wiped my face before pinning my hair in twister on either sides and slipping into my corded flats.

The walls were muted pink. The large bedroom consisted of a queen sized bed that was polished with the darkest and shiniest texture of brown. The sheets over it were white with the covers and pillows burgundy. The walls had quotations hanged here and there with a few fancy lamps on the night stands. Besides the washroom door were the sliding wardrobes. The spacious room had a small dining area as well where the now empty tray rested. I walked out to the living room seeing a television screen on the opposite end of the door and a sofa set doused in cream white with dusted pink and burgundy cushions over it.

I plopped myself on the sofa and tested their softness. A satisfactory sigh escaping my lips before my eyes glanced at the glass doors leading to a-

" We have a balcony."

I exclaimed to no one and reached to unlock the door and step out. A soft breeze went past me and I smiled loving the view even more. Seconds turned into minutes and minutes into half an hour as I enjoyed my warm glass of juice on the balcony seats. Scrolling aimlessly through my phone and taking thousands of ill angled pictures. The New York sun basking me in its spirit light.

I closed the doors carefully and swept my eyes to the wall clock seeing there was plenty of time left before lunch came in. I dangled my hands by my sides and clicked my tongue.

Jahan didn't expect me to watch t.v, did he?

I walked to the coffee table in the living room and reached for the card key lying there. My lips lifted up in a smirk as I eyed it.

"If you cannot be a little rebellious in New York then you can keep yourself in Swat."

I scolded myself before walking to the suite door with excitement filled trembling legs and determination. The corridor was large and empty with a man at the far end with his trolley. He flashed me a polite smile as I walked by him seeing him do about his work. My flats make soundless efforts on the carpeted corridor and I walked slowly letting my eyes roam all over the interior, finally spotting the staircase. My hands touched the cold grand railings of the staircase and I slowly stepped down each step.

Reaching the next floor, I stared at the rooms lined again. Now, I had to look for the elevator. I walked casually down the corridor again seeing a couple ahead of me walk confidently and I grinned seeing them headed to the elevator. The metal doors closed behind the three of us. And I smiled warmly at the woman seeing her press on the ground floor.

When the elevator doors opened and the main reception and lobby area flashed before me, my eyes lit up. People dressed fashionably and elegantly walked around with confident steps. Some checking in, some checking out. The marble spotless floors reflected the grand crystal chandeliers that hanged from high up the ceilings.

I took a slow twirl and looked in all directions. About half an hour later, I had discovered the pool area, gym, mini library, the restaurant and the garden. My hands clenched together as I looked at the numbers on the hall doors. I was about to move away when a waiter startled me.

" Please come in Ma'am, tea has just been served."

His American accent easily rolling off his tongue and I began to shake my head but he opened the door wider for me and bowed completely misunderstanding me. I tensed as I looked at him.

" I- I am not-"

" We serve croissants as well."

He almost beckoned me inside and once inside the large hall, I saw men and women dressed in professional clothing. Enjoying their tea break, a video playing on the multimedia screen on the other end of the hall. The blasting cooling inside the room made chills to erupt within me and I glanced at the table set up for tea.

" A little tea would surely help."

I mumbled to myself and walked to the table seeing the people engrossed in their own selves. When I reached the table, my mouth watered seeing pastries, cookies with jellies and many more wonderful things lining the hi-tea table. Taking a plate, I took a cookie and devoured it in my mouth. My eyes closing as the rich vanilla taste hit my taste buds. When I opened my eyes again, a figure caught my eyes. Seeing the man look familiar.

He looks just like Jahan, a doppelgänger?

I bit into another cookie seeing the man converse with another man in a suit before him. Oh no, he had the same tie as Jahan. I filled my cup with tea and realisation smacked my face real hard. I glanced at the people seeing them still engrossed in their stuff. And they were enjoying their tea break from the workshop. Jahan's workshop.

" Shit."

I hissed and cringed, pushing my plate on the table almost immediately. But my haste movements caught attention and I left Jahan's eyes turn to look at me and I instantly ducked down. The table covering my body. My heart slammed against the chest cavity and I suddenly wondered what I was doing here? Out of all places I had to land in his workshop.

Almost on the verge of crying and knowing that the man had caught sight of me, I turned around seeing the exit door just behind me. Standing up, I marched to the exit door without further ado and exited the room. A sigh of relief washed over me and I took a steps, walking away further as quickly as possible.

The exit door opened again and my heart lurched from my chest cavity and I hurried before entering the ladies washroom. Something telling me that the person outside the hall room was now Jahan. My teeth clenched together as I easily walked past the woman who was too engrossed wiping her hands.

" Saboohi? Are you in there?"

A knock sounded and I gasped before hiding behind the first stall's door. Jahan's voice still booming around. The bathroom door opened and I halted breathing. Fear coiling around me now.

" Ma'am is there a woman inside wearing all white?"

I heard his voice and looked at my white clothing almost cursing my white clothing for the first time, but I didn't.

" No, the stalls are empty. No one's inside."

The old lady said, the one wiping her hands probably. And I sighed in relief. Hopefully she hadn't noticed me. I waited for a minute and two. Anticipating if Jahan actually walked inside to check. Footsteps faded away and I couldn't recognize who's. Five minutes later, I peeked out before running for my life towards the elevators.

Hours later, when the clock struck 5 I leapt for the door. Waiting for my husband to return back. Soon his figure caught my eyes and I grinned as he exited the elevator doors. But a frown covered my face seeing the woman besides him. The two conversing fluently, exchanging warm smiles.

I clenched my jaw, the grin slowly slipped down my face seeing Jahan's eyes not once leave the woman's face. And I rose my brow, stepping in his line of vision. He was so oblivious as the woman eye raped him, literally. His eyes flickered to me and surprise ran through them before he walked to me with the woman still besides him. I reached him before he could and wrapped my arm around his waist and standing on my tip toes.

" Dear husband, you're back."

I said flashing him the most attractive smile and pressed a smooth kiss on his cheek, completely catching him off guard.

" Saboo-"

" And who might this be?"

The woman interjected now eyeing me warmly and I offered her a small smile. Shaking her extended hand. Jahan introduced us.

" She's my wife Saboohi and this is Ms. Veronica who's the assistant lead on this project."

We exchanged smiles as Veronica spoke.

" Its so nice to meet you. And it's a coincidence that we have rooms on the same floor. Would you guys like to grab dinner sometime?"

She asked and Jahan nodded. She waved at us walking off down the corridor and I glared her way. Almost dragging her inside.

" What's with you? What has New York done to you? You were waiting for me at the door."

Jahan chuckled as he plopped down on the sofa and I looked at him with squinted eyes.

" She was raping you with her eyes."

I stated seeing the man cut his eyes to me and look skeptically.

" No she wasn't. For ALLAH'S sake she's 35years old."

" That doesn't explains she cannot eye raped you."

He chuckled before taking off his suit jacket.

" You're unbelievable."

" I am jealous."

He shot his eyes to me and smirked.

" Too bad for all the other women because I am here right now in your hotel room waiting for you to take advantage of this vulnerable body."

I gasped and hit the beautiful burgundy cushions on his torso hearing him roll over and laugh. I simply rolled my eyes, annoyed.
" What?"

" Ever!"

" Okay woman! Let's go eat dinner in a fancy hotel downtown."

I grinned before jumping on my feet all ready to grab my shoes. Later we dined in a nice cozy restaurant in the downtown that served us halal food and provided the lovely ambiance that made me fall more harder for Jahan. Wrapping up dinner we walked hand in hand looking at the streets aimlessly that looked so much alive at night. The city's night life was crazy. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

When walking I glanced up Jahan, a question bugged my mind.

" Did you ever bring Ronaq here."

His eyes shot to me and he frowned. For a minute he looked closed off and I thought he would ignore the question but he didn't. He sighed and shrugged.

" We did go to London but not here. We were planning the year she was-"

He trailed off and I rubbed his arm.

" She would have loved here."

I said quietly and offered him a small smile seeing him reciprocate. I wanted him to remember Ronaq, I didn't want him to lose the feel of her because of me. And I loved how comfortable he was to share about her with me. And if he ever stopped I'd lose the feel of him. I knew without Jahan there was no Ronaq and without Ronaq there was no Jahan.

We soon returned to the hotel room and I yawned with the tiredness. Praying and changing our clothes we both hit the bed at the same time and I listened to the city life outside, waiting for sleep to finally engulf me.

" Jahan, I love you."

" Hmm"

He responded sleepily and I crossed my planet before reaching to his.

" I would never ask for fancy dinners we could still eat at the burger stall down the road. I don't even want you to take me to different countries on our summer breaks. I wouldn't even ever ask you to spend all your money on me. I wouldn't want clothes, bags and shoes from you. I wouldn't even ask for flowers. But please, never push me away and nor make me jealous, I'd die from either."

I huffed at the end part. Hearing the man chuckle, his chest rumbling and I sighed. Moving back to my planet.

" I love you, dear husband."

I turned on the right side and whispered a small prayer before closing my eyes. The man shifted but I stayed still, feeling his body closer now.

" Saboohi, did I by any chance see you in the hall downstairs this afternoon."

I held in my breaths and never opened my eyes for the rest of the night, letting the question hang in the air in the dangerous darkness and my heart beats picked up speed. Yet I knew as he laid back on his pillow he was smirking in the dark.

Oh shit! He knew!

My dear husband knew.

The more I try to squeeze in the more lengthy the chapter becomes!! 😤😤

Anyways. What do you think about the chapter????

Drop in your precious comments! 💜💜

Love,

_Hafsa♥

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro