Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The long trek to Kings Landing began. We kept our cloaks and masks pulled up over our heads. "Jon, only a few of us can come in with you. A whole army of Lupine marching through the gates will only cause a panic," I reminded him. He nodded. 

"But you'll be at my side won't you Luna?" he asked turning to me in the saddle. I offered a slow and gentle nod.  

"Of course," I said. "I don't see why I wouldn't be," I said. The army of glowing eyes followed Jon and me, heavy weapons shook in the humans' hands while we stood strong. Suddenly four of my soldiers charged forward, noses pressed to the ground. "Halt!" I yelled and I followed them, we came to a town where everyone had been killed.  The smell of burnt flesh was putrid to our noses. 

"Wildlings!" Snow exclaimed. 

"Keep on your guard," I growled. The temperature began to drop, breath wafted from our mouths and the humans began to shiver. Jons men followed suit. We advanced. We prodded the bodies with our blades and polearms, not a single survivor.  We found a fire pit that was long burnt out.  "They've moved on, so should we," I suggested.  We walked through the night, our eyes keen but our ears drooped as the cold froze the tips of our ears. Some of Jons men began to moan and whine. At the next spot that was safe, we camped for the night, but none of my lupin kin slept. We stood guard creating a barrier between the men and the night creatures. Other than our steaming breath our glowing eyes dotted the darkness. 

Jon sat behind me by the fire his gloved hands wrapped around a mug. The warmth of the fire sunk into the fur on my back, I crouched with Elric and Samson on either side. Our ears were now tall almost like Anubis'. The leaves crunched under our weight and the snow was dislodged by our wagging tails. Our blades were held still, silent and poised for any oncoming foe. "Do  you guys ever relax for a moment?" Jon asked. 

"No, not when we're protecting people," Samson said looking over his shoulder, his long unbound mane swinging softly as he turned his head. 

"I didn't realise you wolfkin were this loyal, I half expected you to leave us when you got a moment," one of Jons men said. 

"No, that's the rabid infested wolves," Elric said. 

"Didn't realise there was a difference," he replied. Our conversation was suddenly cut short as we heard footsteps walking toward us. Each of us let out a low growl alerting one another.  I threw my head back and howled, it told everyone to group up and tighten our number. The footsteps became louder and louder, but the figures were not hostile it was Sansa and Arya. 

"What are you two doing out here?" Jon asked rushing up as their features were revealed by the flickering flames. 

"We heard rumours you were coming for us," Arya said. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro