18 week Ultrasound

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Austin and I are at the Doctor's surgery for my 18 week check-up. Today I get to find out the sex of the baby.

I don't want to find out this time.

Nico told me about the time his sister went to the Doctor's and they told her she was having a boy. At the following check-up they told her they made a mistake and it was a girl. His sister had to take all the boys stuff to the shops and exchange them for girl's clothes.

Austin holds my hand. "Are we going to find out the sex of the baby today or do you want to wait?"

I move our hands to my belly. "I want to wait until the baby grows more. I don't want them to make a mistake of the Gender like they did with Nico's sister."

I feel something flutter in my stomach it feels weird. My eyes fill with tears and they spill over.

Austin wipes away the tears. "What's the matter?"

"Our baby is moving. It feels foreign to have this flutter feeling inside me."

Austin places is hand on my belly. He kneels on the ground and leans toward my stomach. "Hey, Kiddo. Mummy and Daddy are going to see you on a ultrasound today." He kisses my belly. "I love you."

The other couples in the surgery look over at us. A woman hits her partner. "Why won't you do that?"

The guy glares at Austin.

Austin moves to his seat. He looks at the guy. "What?"

He shakes his head. "You are making us look bad in front of our girls, man."

Austin shrugs. "Maybe, you should do the same to your girls. They are the ones carrying your child for forty or forty-two weeks. Give her a massage anything to show them that you still love them even when they have stretch marks for carrying your kin."

I narrow my eyes at him. I hit him. "You started out alright then you crashed and burned at the last part." I cross my arms. "Don't talk to me."

The other guy laughs. "Someone's in the doghouse like the rest of us."

I rise and move over to the water filter. I fill a cup with water and have a drink.

The nurse walks into the room. "Valentina,"

I drop the cup in the bin and follow the nurse down the hall. I don't turn to see if Austin is following.

In the room I climb onto the bed. I lie down and lift my shirt for the nurse. She puts gel on my belly and moves the wand around on me.

She finds the baby. "Do you want to know the gender of your baby?"

I shake my head. "I want to find out at the next one."

She tells us the baby is healthy.

The baby moves on the screen and I can feel the flutter in my belly. I touch my stomach. "I can feel the baby move."

"That's good. The fluttering feeling you feel will soon be replaced by the baby kicking you." She wipes the gel off me and the wand. "I'll be right back with you ultrasound photo's." the nurse exits the room.

I pull the t-shirt down and climb off the bed. I walk over to the door ignoring Austin.

It's hard to ignore him when he moves over to me and wraps his arms around me. "I'm sorry."

I sigh, "If we had a Doghouse that's where you would be sleeping tonight."

He snaps his fingers. "Damn, I was going to buy a puppy." He pouts. "Do you really want me to sleep in a doghouse?"

I nod.

Austin pulls out his and calls someone. "Hey, Dean. My fiancé said she wants me to sleep in the doghouse. Do you mind if I use yours?"

What the hell is he doing?

I watch him put the phone on microphone.

Dean: Is she serious that you need to sleep in the doghouse?

I want to hear how this plays out.

Austin: Yes,

Dean: It sucks to be you.

Austin: I'll be at your tonight about 7:30?

Dean: Sure, I'll see you than. My wife is going to love your fiancé. You should bring her around tonight for dinner.

Austin: Are you sure?

Dean: Yes, be at mine at six.

Austin slips the phone back into his pocket at the same time the nurse enter the room. She gives me the ultrasounds. "Here are the 3D Ultrasounds."

I put them in my handbag. "Thanks."

Austin drives towards his place. He parks in his designated spot and steps out of the car. he walks around the car and opens the door for me.

Chivalry isn't dead with my man.

I follow him to the apartment.

Austin opens the door and walks into the kitchen. He pours a glass of water and takes a drink. "Do you want anything?"

I shake my head. "I'm going to take a snooze before we go to your friends place for dinner." I walk to the bedroom and climb into bed.

Austin pulls his car in the driveway of a beautiful Victorian style two story house with a white picket fence. The front yard is small. It has a pole with the American Flag flying high.

I step out of the car and walk up the footpath holding Austin's hand.

A guy with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes opens the door. He extends his hand to me. "I'm Dean."

I shake his hand. "Val."

He nods. "It's nice to meet the woman that tamed this one. My wife Helena is in the kitchen if you want to join her."

"Alright," I step into the house and the smell of a baked dinner makes my mouth water. I walk through the opened spaced house until I reach the kitchen.

A beautiful blonde, brown eyes, tanned skin woman turns toward me. She is pregnant as well. "Hey, I'm Helena." She wipes her hands on the dishtowel and extends a hand to me.

I shake her hand. "I'm Valentina."

Helena laughs. "You're the woman that Austin's in the doghouse with?"

I nod. "What did he do?"

I shake my head and pull out my mobile. I had to record the conversation with that guy at the Doctor's surgery.

She laughs again and he eyes become watery from the laughter. "If Dean did the same. I'd want to do that as well."

Dinner is on the table at six and we eat.

Dinner was nice.

After dinner Austin walks outside with Dean. I pull my mobile out as he crawls into the Doghouse. I take a picture of it and write a caption. 'In the Doghouse, literally' and post it on Twitter and Facebook.

Austin climbs out. "Do I really need to sleep in there tonight?"

I shake my head. "Nah, it was for fun. Anyway the entire world is going to see what it looks like for Austin to be in the doghouse."

"What did you do?" he runs over to me and grabs my phone. He looks at the caption on Facebook and Twitter. "I'm going to pay you back for this, Baby."

"Good luck," I laugh.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro