09||Paroxysm

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The door slid with a hissing shut, leaving the two inside the small room. Rays of sunshine escaped the windows gleaming onto the seating area. A table plated with fruits and a vase of elaborate alien white flowers. Seats and couches circled around them.

Mudd took a long seat, clearly enjoy himself every second he had. Olivia  stood directly above the seats. She didn't want to sit and talk with a careless con-artist and traitor, even if he was her father.

The room looked exactly like her childhood house did. Lifeless, colorless, except for the arrangement of lilacs and tulips in a vase that had been freshly picked every week. 

"Sit, please. I welcome it." Mudd gestured, pouring a cordial filled with a red mahogany liquid into his shot glass. Olivia stared at him angrily, fury filling every inch of her body. Angst that she had wanted to scream right in Mudd's face. Wishing she could see him squirm at her fury.

"I hope you like the machine the Borg Queen made of fake sunlight. You'd know she's quite considerate of us, if your on her good side."

"Lovely," Olivia said, behind gritted teeth.

Olivia had been hiding an anger she had been feeling for so long. All those years of seeing her mother cry over her fathers betrayal. All those years of anger building up inside her could now be relieved if he saw what he had done. Seen what was so arrogant, the treachery, and cruel manners he had shown.

All those years she watched fathers with their little girls, smiling and playing, and wondering what she had done to deserve no father there for her. How the holidays and birthdays hurt to know that he decided to miss and never care. All those years of feeling like a creep and outsider to the rest of the world.

The hurt look in her mothers eyes at the mention of her father. Did he even care about the woman he married? He probably wouldn't even care that she took her mothers maiden name, Hale instead of using Mudd. He never did care and that's what pained her the most.

"Is this what you've been doing all these years?" Olivia said, controlling her anger. Instead she showed how curious she was to know what he had been doing all these years.

"Well with the profiting, stealing, and code breaking, I mean yes. For 19 years and hopefully continues for as long after. The Borgs found my skills valuable and I gave them my assistance," Mudd explained, taking a large sip of bourbon.

"The great criminal, Harry Mudd, helping Borgs. That's just another crime to add to the list,"Olivia  said.

"That's true. The last time I counted there were about 683 crimes that you've committed," Olivia told Mudd, nonchalantly.

"683? I was hoping there'd be more." Mudd smiled.

At the little smile he gave, Olivia could've snapped at the moment. She could've a lost her cool, or at least what she had left of a cool. She didn't want to appear to this man as a foul mood, instead she was going to pretend he hadn't hurt her family.

She took a seat on a small chair, still uncomfortable with the man in front of her. She kept her back straight on her chair, acting like she owned the place, while Mudd looked like a selfish guest in his seat. She hated how she had already been like this man by stealing and going behind peoples backs, but she hoped

"Bet you do." Olivia muttered, fighting the urge to cross her arms.

"What was that little daisy?"

"Nothing," Olivia faked a smile, something that caught Mudd's eye, "Where are they taking Bri?"

"I don't know what the Borg Queen wants with your little friend. She didn't seem to quite like her attitude," Mudd answered swirling the brandy in his drink, "She has two other human prisoners that I've never seen them before, only heard her talk about them."

"That's odd coming from you." Olivia stated, her voice clearer than she had been before. She was slightly, intuited by the new information she had been given. Why would the Borg queen have two other humans onboard?

"Come again?

"I just made the state that it's odd coming from you."

"Oh, Olivia," Mudd sighed, "Here I was enjoying your company and yet here you are sulking like a toddler."

Olivia glared daggers at Mudd before responding, "I wouldn't say sulking. I'd rather just have to get your motive out of you."

"Or what? Your obviously upset that their hurting your little girlfriend," Mudd pointed out, teasing her in a terrible way. Her blood boiled at his mocking baritone, wanting nothing more than to punch his throat.

"You should be happy you get to spend time with a family relative." Mudd smiled at her, not caring about her frustration and clearly angered face.

Nevertheless, she sat there in a moment of silence, contemplating her fathers arrogance. She hated it when she stayed silent and never spoke up for herself. She hated feeling speechless in front of so many others when she could speak her mind.

"Really? You stay quiet. You can't be like short haired, Stella and wait for me to speak the whole time."

"Get my mothers name out of your traitorous mouth," Olivia almost barked, visibly cringing at his words.

"She's my wife, I can say what I want."

"No you don't!" Olivia snapped at him, "Did you seriously think I was going to act like a bitch and come crawling back to you helplessly, like you never hurt me?"

Olivia stood up from her chair quickly, barely hovering over her fathers body. He looked at his daughter, a bit surprised by the sudden outburst. Mudd stood up, his height towering over her almost fragile body.

"Little Daisy you do not talk back to me," Mudd said, trying to act softly and firmly.

"Little Daisy? You called me that when I was three years old!" Olivia almost shrieked at him, "You left me and mum while you journeyed off in the Galaxy causing trouble. I was a kid but I wasn't fucking clueless, I knew someone who actually loved me wouldn't do that! 

I watched as little girls played, talked, and laughed with their fathers, wondering what the hell I did to deserve that. You broke me!" Olivia yelled at him, tears fled down her cheeks, "You never cared and don't start acting like you ever did!"

1053 words

A/N: I've been waiting to actually write that scene. It was very hard for me to write. Hopefully, I can find a way to complete e chapter 10th at I accidentally published. Also, my story Titanium is about one of my characters who I am planning to appear in Act Three of  Impetuous

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro