Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"John," Officer Seabury called out into his cell block. Hercules, Lafayette and John's heads all popped up from the couch. "Someone's back from hospital," Seabury smiled. John gasped and leaped of the couch, closely followed by Laf and Herc as they sprinted down the hall with Seabury on their tail. The four boys ran all the way to the medical ward, skidding into Alex's room and cheering with joy.

"ALEX!" John yelled, jumping forward. Alex laughed as the three boys piled on his bed, wrapping their arms around him in a tight reunion hug.
"Ahh good to see you safe," Hercules grinned, messing up Alex's hair playfully.
"Oui we were so worried," Lafayette added, pulling away from the hug with a warm smile. John didn't pull away, he stayed in Alex's bed beside him, hugging him tightly and pressing a light kiss on his cheek.

"Well, I'm here early," Alex grinned.
"You said 4 days yesterday," John muttered, confusion laced through his voice.
"I know, I'm not sure why I'm back early, but I'm not complaining," Alex laughed, pulling John closer. "What's been going on while I've been out of action? It's been... 3 days?" Alex questioned.

"Levi is gone," Lafayette grinned, Alex's expression relaxing, he sighed.
"Finally," Alex laughed, John snuggling into his side. John didn't want to admit it but he found it hard to believe Levi was just out of the picture so easily, but seeing how relieved Alex was upon the news, he didn't need to say anything to ruin that.

"Uh at lunch there's going to be a vote- oh shit it's lunch time," Hercules muttered, glancing at Lafayette. "We'll be back, promise," Hercules assured. "Again, we're ecstatic to see you healthy Alex!" He called out as Lafayette dragged him out of the medical room.
John stayed snuggled up to Alex, tracing small indefinable patterns on Alex's chest with his finger tips.

"You should go eat, John," Alex whispered into his hair.
"But you-" John tried to argue but Alex shut him up by pressing a finger to his lips.
"I'm not going anywhere," Alex assured him. John sat up a little, facing Alex. Alex pulled him down and let their lips connect for a short kiss, before he ushered John out.

"Go see what's going on with that vote or whatever and let me know what happens," Alex told him as John slowly left his bed side.
"Okay, love you," John smiled, making his way out.
"Love you too," Alex hummed.

John made his way to the cafeteria and collected a tray, a shitty burnt chicken parmigiana and a tiny bowl of custard tart being slipped onto it as he passed the bar. Good lunch. He found a seat beside Lafayette, across from Hercules. The two boys were glancing around, waiting for someone to say something, but this lunch wasn't any different to any other.

"We were foolish for thinking anything would actually take place," Lafayette sighed through a mouthful of chicken.

Hercules was about to speak up when Thomas Paine approached, slipping his custard tart onto their table in front of Hercules. Hercules looked up at Paine with a confused glance but Paine turned away before he could catch it.

Hercules heard chatter behind him and turned around, seeing Charles Lee and a few of Thomas' old muscle pushing their custard tarts towards George Frederick. Aaron Burr smiled as tarts were left beside his tray by random inmates.

"Is this... ?" John muttered, noticing the tart-trade as well.
"I think so..." Lafayette agreed as two other inmates slid their tarts towards Hercules, beside Paine's.
"Me?" Hercules asked nobody in particular, glancing at the tarts with a confused expression. John shrugged and ate a spoonful of his tart before passing it to Hercules. Lafayette laughed and did the same.

"What- guys? Me? Why not Aaron?" Hercules asked again, sliding his tray away from the tarts.
"Burr is not particularly forthcoming, he has no control over inmates," Lafayette suggested, finishing his chicken. "You need them to trust you and you need to treat them well, yes, but Aaron would struggle enforcing rules,"

Hercules' eyes grew wide as prisoners began to notice him as a growing candidate, lining up and passing him their tarts.
"My god," Hercules muttered with a laugh. He glanced backwards again and saw both George and Aaron glaring daggers of fury and jealousy at him. He chuckled and turned back to the tarts. He paused for a moment, considering his chances, before throwing his hands up.

"Tuck in boys!" Hercules cheered, Laf and John hollered and grabbed a tart each, joining him in eating the sweet custard tarts.

---

John, Hercules and Lafayette walked into Alex's room, each of them carrying a tray of custard tarts.
"What are these for?" Alex gasped with a small laugh as the boys proudly paraded the deserts around the medical room.
"Mr Hamilton, meet your new top dog," Hercules smirked with a bow. Alex's eyes grew wide and he smiled brilliantly.

"Really?" He beamed as the boys all crowded onto his bed, John beside him and Laf and Herc huddled at the end. He would never have imagined Hercules in charge, he seemed like more of a behind-the-scenes kind of guy.
"No doubt about it," Hercules said with a wink.
"That's brilliant! Finally no more bullshit from assholes who think they can do whatever they want!" Alex cheered, dissing his doubts and sweeping up a tart and a spoon.

"Raise a tart," John chuckled, lifting his above his head. "To no more bullshit,"
"To no more bullshit!" The boys cheered, pissing themselves with laughter as they tucked into their deserts.

27 tarts later the boys were sprawled in Alex's bed groaning, plenty of tarts still left on the trays.
"I think we might move these to our cell block fridge," Hercules muttered, sitting up slowly.
"Bonne idée," Lafayette agreed, pulling himself out of Alex's bed. They turned to John who had fallen asleep against Alex. Alex chuckled a little and ran a hand through John's hair, causing him to stir a little and snuggle into Alex a little more.

"He's fine here," Alex smiled warmly.
"Trop mignon," Lafayette smiled as he collected a tray of tarts in his arms.
As the boys left Alex looked down at John's peaceful state, sighing. How did he get so lucky?

A/N enjoy it while it lasts lovelies

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro