28: yeah she hates us

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Twenty-Eight
yeah she hates us

3rd person Pov

iris did what any worried girlfriend would do. she worried and she worried more then she ever had. she had watched her boyfriend pass out and she was scared but she had another thing to worry about. the wild horses had gone missing and ariel had too. iris had known about it but she put it in the back of her head until tryouts were over and now she was going to worry about it.

she knew that pin wanted to be alone and she knew that maybe that was what he needed. iris let him do what he needed to and she let him feel what he needed to. he was sick and she knew that and she let him have his space. she had to help the others look for the herd anyway , that was her main concern either way so there she sat with gaby, jade and becky as they all talked.

"the tags were dumped at tryouts so it could be someone at the grounds" jade stated and iris nodded her head in agreement with the girl.

"I still say we should be searching the castle" becky spoke

"whats the castle got to do with anything?" gaby asked

"the prophecy says, if the horses leave the island, the kingdom will fall. duh!" she said and iris laughed before gaby snapped

"becky. ariel is missing , scout is pining, this really is not the time for myths and legends" Gaby stated

"okay right so maybe we should just tell the police" jade stated and iris shook her head before she heard her sister

"no! anyone could be involved" she said and then they turned as they saw the mayor

"we could tell the mayor, she might be able to help" gaby tried

"that's weird, shes usually far too busy to drop her daughter off herself" becky spoke

"the mayor!" zoe said

"zoe are you sure about this?" jade said and they all got off of the hay bales and ran over as they hid behind a wall and listened to the mayor and heather

"did you guys see that? shes definitely hiding something" zoe stated

"zoe come on, we cant jump to conclusions" iris tried

"the mayor was at the grounds yesterday" gaby said

"but she was late" zoe finished for her

"mayor wright promised to protect the ponys I just don't think" jade said and zoe cut her off

"heather says that she lies" zoe said and iris sighed as she took a deep breathe and then she let it back out.

"heathers the one that let ariel out" gaby said

"what if she did it on purpose? what if she did it for her mom?" zoe said and becky scoffed

"I'm going in" she said and she left as she led the mayor away from her car and they all ran over to see horse feed in the trunk and iris sighed. she hated jumping to conclusions but maybe this time it wasn't jumping. it was a small leap that connected everything

"the mayors wanted the wild herd off the island , now shes done it" gaby said

"don't, don't go over, she'll deny it and people will believe her. and we wont be any closer to finding ariel. look me and iris both know the feeling, you want justice and to take people down but if I learned anything, we have to do this the right way" zoe said and iris agreed with her

"exactly. tell the police" jade spoke

"no. we need evidence. then we'll get her. i promise" zoe said and they heard becky as they ran back and hid again after they closed the trunk. iris took a deep breathe as she leaned against the wall. They heard susie and mia talking to Marcus and then they heard susie

"while the mayor works on some private project" she said and they all popped up from the door and looked at them. iris shared a look with zoe and they both nodded. they all watched mia and Marcus talk and then they hid again

"did you hear that? the mayors planning a private project today" zoe spoke and iris sighed again

"that's evidence , I'm just gonna ask her straight, "what have you done with ariel?"" gaby said and she went to stand up but jade stopped her.

"actually... wait here" she said and she left the stall as they watched her run to mias bag and grab her office keys

"mia's office keys. if you want evidence, you go in by the front door" jade said and she held them out to them

"jade, you absolute rebel" zoe said and iris smiled

"I am so proud of you" iris stated and jade smiled at her and then they all began to make a plan. she got on bullet as she sat down on him and stayed next to becky and jade.

"hang on" becky said

"are you coming?" jade asked her

"no , looks like I'm needed here after all" becky spoke and iris nodded as she turned to jade and smiled.

"looks like we're on our own" she said and she rode over to zoe and gaby as they rode to the mayors office. iris stood lookout as they broke into the room. she made sure that they were safe. she heard the girls call becky and they heard her mention something about it being heather birthday and they got in. it was all going smoothly and then they made a noise and that's when it all came crashing down

"whos in there?" geoff called and iris looked at the three girls in worry

"hide" she said and iris stayed behind the desk as the girls hid behind the cardboard cut outs of the mayor as the door opened and in came geoff.

"I just want to say I think you're amazing, I love a woman in a cape. maybe I could take you to dinner" he said and gaby got out of the room as jade followed, zoe followed too and iris followed close behind. they ran to their house and they rode them to the mayors house and they hid behind the plant as they watched the mayor get out of her car. zoe had called the police and iris held jades hand as they waited. it was taking too long as heather ran forward but they couldn't hear anything and it was getting harder.

"you know, you had us fooled thinking you were supporting the wild ponies, yeah well the game is up lady" zoe said and iris smacked her forehead

"please, just tell me" heather begged

"heathers either a really good actress or she didn't know what her mom was up to" gaby stated

"heather let ariel out, she must've known" jade said and Aaron spoke up

"it was me. i let ariel out. it wasn't heather, she covered for me cause she thought I'd get sent away" aaron said and then they heard a horse neigh

"that didn't sound like ariel. zoe this really doesn't feel right" gaby called and then the garage door opened as they saw a pony waiting for heather.

"yeah she hates us" iris said after the garage door had opened and there stood waiting for heather was her very own pony. iris knew that jumping to conclusions was wrong but that's what happens when you hang around zoe. you jump to conclusions and you question everyone you know.

iris hated that but maybe that's what she needed to do.

-ABBYS NOTES-

when she cares about everyone

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro