2: Hello, Neighbor!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

(Just a heads up. You will have some artistic talents as well in this book. I hope you don't mind.)

A groan escapes my lips as i turn over. My head was still throbbing but not as bad as the night before. I felt the sun through the curtains and it was tickling my nose. A sneeze comes out and i moan at how much that made my head hurt.

Did i get blackout drunk again or something? I swear i vowed to never do that on a work night.

I slowly open my eyes, I start to squint because everything was too bright. The sun must be working overtime today because i don't remember it being this bright before but i slowly adjusted and open them fully. I was in an unknown bedroom. A colorful one at that.

"What the hell..." I mutter as i get up but regret it as my head pounds against my skull.

My hand goes up against my face but i freeze. Slowly putting my hand Infront of me, a small scream leaves my lips as i tried to process what i was seeing.

My hand... No....

I look down and jump slightly.

My whole body was animated!

I look around the room and notice everything was. It was like looking in a cartoon. Yet it strangely looked like my room in some aspects. The sheets, my trinkets and even my art supplies were sitting on my nightstand. The difference was the furniture and room itself. I turn around and walk towards the door and look out. A small hallway stretched to what seems like a living room.

Looking at the side, I see two doors and i go to the nearest one. It was already open so i popped my head in and see the bathroom. Set up nicely to a underwater theme.

Oh how creative...

I muttered sarcastically in my head and walk towards the sink. Seeing my reflection, I looked back at myself like i didn't understand what i was seeing.

It was me. Of course it was me but i was animated. Smoother face and my hair was more tamed. I touched the cold mirror. Everything felt so real. I pinched myself. Then again and again and again until actual blood started to drip from where i kept pinching.

Okay maybe I'm not dreaming....

I rub the blood off with the running water from the sink. Then looked at myself again and finally noticed my clothes. A red cardigan over a plain white button up shirt and kakis slacks. The cardigan has patches of rainbows. My shoes were Mary Janes with the sole being a rainbow pattern and the rest was red.

"I look like I'm working at a preschool....." I mutter and then i turn slightly to see a bow hair clip in my hair.

"Might as well make me sing about sharing if you're at it..." I say to myself.

Opening the cabinet, I see a toothbrush and toothpaste. I take out the rainbow toothbrush and start to brush my teeth. Even if I'm in a strange place. I can't help but worry over my own breathe. After i was done, I walk out and walk towards the end of the hallway and see the living room.

Pretty colorful as well. With a red couch and armchair. Adding to it's nice simplicity, A red ottoman.

They were all facing an old box tv. Other than that, The living room was standard. Yet as i walked towards the center, I spot a grandfather clock. It looked old yet it was polished. It looked pretty weird with how colorful everything else was. Almost like it didn't belong.

Looking at the time, It read 9:40 am. I roll my eyes and sigh.

Even in a different place, I can't seem to sleep in.

I turn from it and walk towards what appears to be a kitchen.

White tile and a dark blue dining room table by the side. It looked clean and i walk towards the fridge. Opening it and seeing it's empty and clean. Closing it, I walked towards the sink and see the window above it. Taking a peak outside, A few feet away was the forest. It looked so dense that it was dark. Almost like it was night.

This house is nice. I can admit that but where the heck am I.

I was about to go back to my room when a knock rang through the house. I froze and looked towards the door.

Shit, Who could that be? This early?

I slowly walk towards the door and was debating to look through the peephole or just run and hide. Act like I'm not here but before i could make a decision, A knock once again rang through the room and i jumped from it bringing me out of my thoughts. Shaking my head i open the door and the sun flooded in. Adjusting my eyes, I stare at the visitor. My thoughts ran wild that even i couldn't decipher them. They spoke before i could.

"Hello, Neighbor!" He greeted.

There, infront of me was no other than Wally Darling. He looked down at me with his half lidded eyes and cat like smile. His hair combed up into a perfect pompadour. Wearing his signature blue cardigan and rainbow pants. I stared at him for too long because he chuckled nervously.

"You know.... It's not polite to stare."

I snap out of my thoughts.

"O-oh. Forgive me. I was just taken aback that's all. I didn't expect someone at my door this early." I played along.

He smiled softly and nods knowingly.

"I'm sorry, I know it's early but i wanted to welcome you to our neighborhood. It's been so long since we had someone new move in." He admits and i give him a smile.

Lord help me. Wally Darling is actually speaking and moving. I am definitely dreaming.

"Oh well. To be honest with you. I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't even seen the whole neighborhood and it seems i still have a lot to do before I'm settled in fully."

He nods once more.

"Let's start simple. I'm Wally! Wally Darling, And you're?"

Scared.

"I'm (Y/n). (Y/n), (Y/l/n). It's a pleasure to meet you." I say.

"Wow, What a beautiful name. That's the first time i heard something like it. (Y/n)...." My name rolls off his tongue and a shiver goes up my spine by how he says it.

"Ah... Thank you..." I say shyly.

"Anyways, I came to also..." He hesitates for a second.

"If it isn't too forward, That you'll come have breakfast at my home. I'm assuming you haven't even went grocery shopping yet." He say as he rubs the back of his neck like he's embarrassed.

I think for a moment.

I am hungry.... Plus it's free food but i need to figure out how to leave or wake up so i should play along and gather as much information as i can.

"Alright."

He stares at me for a second. His eyes unreadable yet his smile slipped a fraction but quickly went back to its normal state.

"Wonderful!"

He turned his back to me and walked a few steps and turns back to me.

"Let's go, neighbor." He said cheerfully and i shut the door behind me. Walking until im beside him and he starts to lead the way. He glances at me every once in awhile and a shiver runs down my spine everytime i catch him.

I look around and see beautiful blue skies and green grass. Butterflies fly by and the path stretched and curved.

"How am I supposed to remember how to get home." I joke and he chuckles.

"Every path leads to home." He says simply and i arch an eyebrow.

"Your home?"

"Of course, Silly." He says and gives me a side smile.

"What if i get lost?" I ask and he stops and looks at me.

"Nonsense!" He smiles brightly at me and then looks in my eyes.

"Every paths always leads to home."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro