13.Why???

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Avni's POV

I raised my head to find Mr. Rude smiling at me. Oddly enough, his smile calmed me down, and I couldn't help but smile back.

Neil's POV

After everything, I expected her to pounce on me like a lioness. But no, she simply smiled back. I was about to say more when my phone rang. It was DD. I excused myself, apologizing as I stepped away to take the call.

On the Call

"Yes, DD? What's so important?"

"Neil, I need to show you something."

"What? And where are you? You sound serious."

"Just come over first, then I'll show you."

"Alright, send me the address. I'm on my way."

I followed the address DD sent and ended up at a café. His message read:

"Neil, come inside the café."

I walked in and saw DD sitting at the first table, looking confused. I sat opposite him and asked, "DD, what's so urgent that you called me here?"

DD looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Neil, Avni was here at the café, and she threatened to kill Mr. Sharma!"

I stared at him for a moment, then burst into laughter. "DD, you must be joking. Avni, making death threats? Not in a million years!"

His worried expression turned to anger. He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the café. We ended up in an isolated spot, and what I saw next left me speechless.

I saw Avni pointing a gun at a man. I was about to intervene when the sound of a gunshot froze me in place. My mind was reeling, trying to process if what I saw was real or just an illusion. The girl I thought was an innocent soul... was like me. She kills people. But why?

I stood there, numb, watching her men put the body in a sack and load it into a car. Before I could approach her, she disappeared from my sight. I dropped to my knees, struggling to process what I had seen. I, too, had killed before, but seeing my Avni, the innocent girl I thought I knew, commit such an act was beyond comprehension.

I couldn't digest any of it. I called out, "DD... DD, listen!" DD tried to console me, saying, "Neil, you need rest. Let's talk tomorrow." But I ignored him. "DD, get me information about this girl as soon as possible. This can't be Avni. She looks like her but it can't be her!"

Everything started to blur...

The Next Morning

I woke up in my bed, relieved, thinking it was all just a dream. I called DD.

"DD, where are you?"

"Neil, I'm in the next room."

I ended the call and turned to see DD standing there. I hugged him, saying, "DD, I had a terrible dream. I'm glad it wasn't real."

But DD looked at me strangely. He wiped my tears, which I hadn't realized I was shedding. "Neil, pull yourself together. It wasn't a dream..." He trailed off, looking away. I pressed him, hoping it was all just a bad dream. But DD confirmed, "Neil, it was all true."

Shock washed over me as I recalled everything. I freshened up and left the house, seeking answers. DD called after me, but I ignored him and drove to Avni's college.

At Avni's College

I arrived and saw Avni laughing and giggling with her friends. Her smile momentarily captivated me, but I remembered the situation. I approached her, grabbed her arm, and dragged her to a corner despite her protests.

"Sir, what are you doing? Just leave me!" she screamed.

Ignoring her, I demanded, "Who are you?"

She looked confused. "Mr. Zain, you know me. You ate my ice cream, remember?"

Her innocence stunned me. Was what I saw yesterday an illusion? Still, I needed answers. My grip tightened, and I pushed her against the wall, my anger rising. "Avni, I am asking you simply: Who are you?"

Scared, she looked at me with tears in her eyes. Angrily, she shouted, "What do you want to know?"

"I just want answers to my questions!" I shouted back. She jerked her hand away and pointed at me. "You have no right to ask me anything!"

Her fierceness surprised me. Her eyes showed sincerity, truthfulness, and a spark... but also innocence. She asked, "What do you want to know about me?"

Calming down, I said, "Listen, Avni, I'm not here to harm you. I just need to know something important. I'm sorry if I hurt you." She nodded, and I continued, "I want to know who you are. What's your aim in life? Do you have problems that are making you do something wrong? If you have a problem, what is it?"

She stared down, emotionless. I was confused and desperate for answers. My heart still believed she was innocent. My Avni couldn't kill anyone.

Why will she kill someone?

---------------------------

So, that's all for now, guys.

Sorry for any mistakes...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro