Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"What are you even doing, Jimin?" Taehyung asked as he watched Jimin search around in the storage room they had occupied for sleeping during the journey to Szarvoun.

"I'm looking for a weapon." Jimin didn't even look at Taehyung, just kept digging around through the many storage boxes."We're on a ship that's parked on a foreign planet. We're in a world inhabited by incubi and succubi. Sure, Hoseok-hyung said the ship is hidden, but what if someone finds it? And what if that someone isn't friendly? We might need to defend ourselves. I would like to be prepared, just in case that happens."

Taehyung didn't think finding a weapon to use for self-defense was a good idea."It would actually be in our best interest to hide if that happens. Even with a weapon, we wouldn't stand a chance."

"You don't know that. There might be some pretty badass weapons in here." Jimin huffed softly when Taehyung grabbed his wrist to make him stop searching."What?"

Taehyung's expression was full of concern."Jimin, would you really fight and possibly kill someone in self-defense? I'd rather hide. I don't want to hurt anyone."

Those words struck a cord in Jimin."I don't know, Tae. I just don't want to be helpless. I guess I'm scared." he admitted."I know it's my fault that you and I are here, but I couldn't just sit at home while knowing that our friends are in danger. I want to help, but I'm just a weak human, while they're strong incubi. You know, I try to act positive all the time. It's my coping mechanism. But I haven't been able to do it this time. Yoongi-hyung is my best friend, and his life is in danger. Seokjin is in danger too. He was finally showing a little improvement on Earth with his condition, but now he's back in a world where they would just kill him for not being perfect. I'm scared because the people I love most in the whole universe are in grave danger, and I'm expected to just wait around and do nothing."

Seeing Jimin's eyes glisten with tears, Taehyung pulled him into his arms, hoping to provide a little comfort."I know, Jimin. I know. I wish I could help too. Both of my boyfriends, my soulmates, are out there. I'm so scared that they'll get hurt or worse. When Hoseokie-hyung left this ship, I felt this sense of dread, like I might never see him again, but I'm trying to believe that he and Namjoon will return with the others."

"If Seokjin doesn't come back..." Jimin couldn't even describe the amount of pain he would feel.

Taehyung pulled back and grabbed Jimin's face with both hands, staring directly into his eyes."He'll come back. Believe that. Be strong, Jimin. We have to be strong for them. We can help by welcoming them back when they return."

"Okay." Jimin sniffled and gave a small nod."Okay, Tae. We'll be strong and welcome them back when they return."

Forcing himself to give a small smile, Taehyung did his best to support Jimin."I just wish we had some food. I'm starving." His attempt to helping Jimin feel better worked a tiny bit, earning a weak chuckle.

---

Fear filled Yoongi as he sneaked around the dome with the tall man-creature who was doing a fantastic job at being quiet. His lack of a mouth helped in that regard, Yoongi supposed. The creature stuck close to him and even helped whenever Yoongi was too scared to peek around a corner. He would hold Yoongi's hand and peek around for him. Now that Yoongi knew this creature was his ally, he felt somewhat safe with him. He just wished he knew what to call him. After all, they couldn't understand each other.

"I'm scared." Yoongi whispered his confession to the tall creature."I have no idea where we're going." He would flinch and shiver as they would pass by rooms that had disturbing sounds coming from within. He tried to keep Junhong's words from before in mind, not letting himself look into those rooms.

Unfortunately, he couldn't avoid the rooms forever. Before long, he quickly entered one of those rooms with the tall creature when he'd heard footsteps in the hall coming their way. As soon as he saw what was in that room, he nearly screamed. The only thing that kept him from screaming was the large hand that swiftly covered his mouth. Yoongi's gaze was locked on to the mutilated corpse that was in the room, parts on the floor and more parts on a table that appeared to be made out of some type of stone.

Keeping a hand firmly over Yoongi's mouth, the tall creature hummed to him softly as many footsteps passed the room. His other hand stroked Yoongi's hair, attempting to offer comfort.

The sight and smell were too much for Yoongi to handle however. As soon as the footsteps were gone and his mouth was uncovered, he dropped to his knees and vomited onto the floor. Of course, there wasn't much vomit, due to his stomach being basically empty.

Not having a mouth of his own, the creature was confused and concerned by Yoongi's vomit. Though, he could judge that it wasn't a good thing. After giving Yoongi's back a gentle pat, he turned and peeked out the door. Looking both ways down the hall with his empty sockets, he confirmed that the coast was clear before holding a hand out to Yoongi, humming.

Yoongi used the sleeve of his suit to wipe his mouth before grabbing the creature's hand. He rose to his feet and tried to calm his breathing as they left the room together. His inner voice screamed for Jungkook. He wanted to be safe at home and in his loving mate's arms. He wanted to be with his friends again. He just wanted to go home."Am I going to die here?" he quietly asked the creature, despite knowing he wouldn't get an answer he could understand.

---

Junhong kept his gaze down as he walked with the many warriors he had gathered under the emperor's orders. He didn't want to do this. He wanted to disobey and break the little human out of here. What could he do though? On his own, there was no way he could get Yoongi to safety. He couldn't fight every incubus warrior who would be sent after him. He wasn't strong enough for that. Besides, one versus a hundred was a no-brainer. But what else could he do?

He was scrambling his brain over this. That is, he was panicking inwardly until something else got his attention. Junhong thought he heard his name, but it was very quiet. He barely heard it over the sounds of the many footsteps of the warriors who were walking with him toward the dungeon. Glancing around for the one who spoke his name, he stopped walking.

"Junhong."

Hearing his name again, Junhong was able to find out where the person was. Stepping over to a nearby room with an ajar door, he pushed it open a little more and stepped into the room. He was certainly surprised to see Jihoon in there."Jihoon, what are you doing in here?"

"Keep your voice down." Jihoon peeked into the hallway to make sure no one had noticed Junhong enter the room then closed the door fully."Something's up. Lady Chaerin took the little one from me. I know Emperor Minseok didn't order that." He kept himself quiet so as to not be overheard, knowing this could get them both in massive trouble."She took him to the dungeon, but he escaped with another prisoner. I saw them. There's no way he and another prisoner could have gotten out of their cell without the key."

"Do you think Lady Chaerin let them escape?" This was certainly confusing, as well as interesting, to Junhong."If she let them escape, she must have some sort of plan. I wonder what it is?"

Jihoon let out a sigh."I don't know, but those two won't make it out of here on their own. If anyone finds them, they're as good as dead. Or worse."

"You do understand what this means, right?" Junhong had to make sure that he and Jihoon were on the same page with this. They couldn't have contradicting plans.

"Yes, I do." Hardening his gaze, Jihoon felt determined."We're going to defy the emperor."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro