Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As Jihoon sat at the controls, he knew this was going to be a quiet journey. Everyone was tired and upset. Even he and Junhong were sad at the knowledge of what was happening. The humans had all lost someone precious, but they couldn't speak of it. He and Junhong had been told of Namjoon's death, but they were also instructed to not say anything about it to the humans during the trip to Earth.

"I've never had to see someone else's tragedy up close like this before." Junhong was seated on the floor beside the chair Jihoon occupied. As his teammate was starting their journey, all Junhong could do was think about everything that had happened."It's...devastating. Losing their mates, friends. We Szarvounians all grow up with the knowledge that it will happen, and we are forced to become desensitized to it, but they're not like that."

Jihoon kept one hand on the controls and reached his other hand down to place it onto Junhong's shoulder."They will get better with time, I'm sure. If they can be strong, they'll be okay. They still have each other."

"As I've had you." There was no denying that Junhong would never have made it through the loss of his own mate some time ago if Jihoon hadn't been by his side."When we get to their world, let's stay with them. Let's take care of them and make sure they recover well." He knew the humans would need help with their grief. There were two in particular they knew would need assistance.

"Junhong, I have something to ask you." Jihoon knew this wasn't necessarily the best time to ask this question, but he wanted to be sure. He needed to know where their relationship stood."Once we are settled in their world, will you be my mate?"

That question took Junhong by surprise but only a little. He had caught a few of Jihoon's previous hints at his desires."I would like that, Jihoon, but shouldn't we find mates in their world to learn their language?"

That was certainly something that would be considered normal for them to do, but that wasn't what Jihoon wanted."We can worry about learning the language later. The only mate I want is you."

It became quiet between them for a moment as Junhong thought about his answer. If they were not mating for knowledge, they would be simply mating for pleasure and connection. Maybe they would even be mating for...love."Yes," he answered softly."I'll be your mate."

---

The more Yoongi stared at Jungkook, the more unsure he became. His feelings and thoughts were so jumbled. He didn't know how to feel about seeing his lover in such condition. They were both covered in filth and blood, but the blood that covered the incubus was from those he killed. How was Yoongi supposed to feel about his boyfriend being a viscous monster in order to save him?

He watched as Jungkook slept on the hard floor of the ship, passed out from a power crash. He never wanted to see such violence ever again. Of course, he was so relieved and thankful that he had been rescued, but the experience had been terrifying.

And his mind kept slipping back to Namjoon as well. Morbid curiosity and desire for closure made him wonder how Namjoon had died, but there was no way Yoongi would have been able to handle seeing such a thing. Pain filled his chest and throat as he knew that Hoseok had seen the terrible sight. How was he going to tell Taehyung?

How could he face his friends while knowing that he was the only one returning with his mate?

Jimin and Taehyung were both alone now. Who knew if they would ever see Hoseok and Seokjin again?

---

"Tae..." Jimin fidgeted with his fingers as he stood in the doorway of the storage room. He had looked everywhere for Taehyung, finding him there."Can I sit with you?" His voice was coming out small. He was upset and knew his best friend was very upset too. He had never seen Taehyung so quiet and closed-off before.

Taehyung didn't even look at Jimin. He curled his legs more to the chest, tightening his arms around his knees. He felt dead inside, numb. Hoseok didn't come back to him, and no one was telling him anything about Namjoon. His brain cruelly thought of the most horrible scenarios. What if his mates decided to stay in Szarvoun without him? What if they were being forced to stay? What if they were too badly injured to travel back home?

Or worse?

"Please, Tae..." Shakily, Jimin stepped over to Taehyung and got down onto his knees, like his body deflated to match his emotional state."Please don't shut me out. I need you, and you...You shouldn't be alone."

It tore at Taehyung's heart and mental state to hear his best friend speak with such a quivering tone. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't comfort Jimin because he couldn't even bring himself to find anything positive in this moment. He was broken. With no one to put him back together, how could he comfort anyone else?

Tears stung at Jimin's eyes as he could feel himself breaking further. With no response from Taehyung, he did what he had to do for the comfort they both needed so desperately. Jimin pried Taehyung's arms from around his knees, moving them aside. Then, he pulled his friend's legs apart just enough to crawl between them."I'm here for you. Please don't leave my side, Tae."

As Jimin's arms wrapped around his torso, Taehyung was overcome by the desire to cry. With his best friend's head on his chest, he loosely put his arms around Jimin in return. But a tender embrace wasn't enough. His arms tightened around him, feeling Jimin's arms do the same. They both clung to each other, tears bringing cries, which became heart-wrenching sobs. Taehyung knew Jimin was right; they needed each other. They couldn't get through this alone.

Maybe once they could calm down a little, they could check on Yoongi. With all that they felt, they both knew he had seen much worse. It was frightening to imagine what their friend had witnessed, seeing him covered in blood. As much as it was a relief that he was basically unharmed, he must have seen gruesome things.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro