Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

As their journey toward Earth carried on, no one was happy with the outcome of the events that had taken place over the past few days. Even Junhong and Jihoon, as they were headed toward a better world, could not be happy. Sure, they were much more fortunate than the other passengers on this ship, but they knew what was wrong. They both wished to converse with the humans, but neither of them had anything they could say that would make a single thing better.

"I wonder where we will live in their world." Junhong was lying on his back on the floor in the control room. He was tired and bored but also didn't want to leave Jihoon's side. They'd been through so many things together, and now that they'd agreed to be mates, he felt even more inclined to remain by the other incubus."I have no doubt that they will let us stay together, but we know nothing about their ways of life."

"They do seem kind. I'm sure they will help us live somewhere." Jihoon was certain about that. Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jimin had been nothing but friendly toward them."What strength they have, to know that we were responsible for this mess, yet they still treat us with kindness. I know of no one else so forgiving."

Staring up at the ceiling, Junhong let out a small huff."I, uh...I hope I can get to know Jungkook. Since he is my...What was the word? Brother? Since he is my brother, I want to know him. I want to learn what it's like to have a relative." He had no idea of what having a family was like. It was so uncommon in Szarvoun that he didn't even know anyone else who had siblings.

"I am your what?"

That question caused them both to look toward the doorway, seeing the one who had entered the control room and spoken. Junhong was quick to sit upright."Jungkook." Maybe he felt...star-struck. Jungkook was legendary, powerful as a trainee and even more unstoppable as a warrior, and Junhong's big brother; it perhaps put him in a state of awe to see him standing there.

"Have you rested enough?" Jihoon asked to break some of the awkwardness that was arising."You were quite a mess when you got aboard the ship. The after-effects of a fueler boost can be very taxing, I'm sure you know."

"Yeah, I rested plenty." Stepping closer to the two other incubi, Jungkook looked down at Junhong, who was still sitting on the floor."You said I'm your what? Repeat that."

It was rather intimidating for Junhong to have Jungkook standing over him like this. He gulped, not knowing if he felt fear, anxiety, or something entirely different. After all, he wasn't very knowledgeable about feelings, as majority of Szarvounians weren't."Brother. Y-you're my brother." Finally rising to his feet, he cleared his throat before speaking again."The incubus who fathered you also fathered me. I told Taehyung, and he said that means you're my brother."

This was definitely news to Jungkook."I have a brother? I never knew."

Any uncomfortable feelings that filled Junhong's mind faded away when he saw that Jungkook's expression was soft. Was he accepted? It sure seemed that way."Um, anyway, where's Yoongi? Shouldn't you be taking care of the little one?"

Jungkook gave a tiny shake of his head."Yoongi is sleeping, as are his friends. They all need their rest. It's been a traumatic experience for them." Since it was very important for the humans to all sleep for now, Jungkook had wandered off, not wanting to disturb them."They went to sleep shortly after the star-jumping, so they'll most likely not wake until we get to Earth. When we get there, I'll need to get Yoongi to change into a different suit."

"Why's that?" Just by glancing at their current coordinates, Jihoon could estimate how much longer their journey to Earth would last.

"The people of Earth will panic and cause a commotion if they see him or me covered in blood. It is not something they are used to seeing." Jungkook had not changed into a clean suit yet, but he planned on doing so in a bit.

Despite not knowing how Jungkook would react, Junhong needed to get a little contact. He needed to adjust to being this close to such a well-known warrior, his brother. So he reached out and touched Jungkook's arm, earning a perked eyebrow."It's almost surreal. Having a brother, a relative, and finally meeting you face-to-face."

"I heard about you but never knew we were fathered by the same incubus." Jungkook didn't think he could ever forget Junhong's name after hearing it for the first time."I was there when the emperor gave the graduation speech for your year. You were named as one of the top trainees of your year. That's impressive."

"You think that's impressive?" Junhong was struck with awe again. It took a nudge from Jihoon to get him to speak again."I mean, your trainee scores are still the highest anyone has ever seen. Most trainees look up to you."

For the first time since this disaster began, Jungkook felt a small smile crack across his lips."If you want, after you get settled on Earth, I can help you train. There's a place on Earth called a gym; we can get stronger there." He could see that his offer excited Junhong. Maybe that made him feel good. Now that he knew that he had a brother, he wanted to be a good brother."I'll take over the controls now."

"Are you sure? It's no problem for me to keep manning the controls." Jihoon had flown ships many times because Minhyuk was often too busy using a fueler or claiming that he was too important to do something as 'boring' as flying the ship.

"I'm sure. You've been flying the ship for over a day now. You two should get a little rest." Jungkook also had experience with flying ships because Namjoon had been insistent on training him to do so. Sure, there was basic training for flying ships for trainees, but actually flying through space was so different from just training to do it.

Getting up from the seat at the controls, Jihoon reached out and gently grabbed Junhong's hand."Thank you, Jungkook. We'll rest."

"But..." Junhong didn't want to leave Jungkook. He wanted to take this chance to get to meet his big brother more fully.

As if he understood Junhong's unspoken protest, Jungkook gave his brother's shoulder a soft pat."Rest for now. We'll have plenty of time to get to know each other on Earth." He watched the two incubi leave the control room before seating himself at the controls. Despite how calm he managed to portray himself in this moment, Jungkook was not. He felt a whirlwind of emotions. He was relieved that he and the humans were returning home, sad that Hoseok and Seokjin were not returning with them, worried for Hoseok's and Seokjin's safety, angry and upset about Namjoon's death, and entirely unsure of how things were going to go from now on. Still, he was managing to keep himself together. He had to remain composed. After all, if he fell apart, who would take care of the humans and get the incubi acquainted with Earth's ways? Most importantly to him, if he fell apart, who would protect and uplift Yoongi?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro