22. What's Next?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The return to Seoul was nothing short of a whirlwind for Soo Hyun and Ji Won. The moment their plane touched down, the press was abuzz with rumors and speculation. The photos of them taking wedding pictures on the streets of Chicago had sparked a media frenzy, and now, everyone was waiting for an official announcement.

Soo Hyun decided to seize the moment. Within days, he called a press conference to announce their engagement. Cameras flashed and questions flew, but Soo Hyun remained composed, his arm firmly around Ji Won's waist as he shared their plans to marry.

"We are thrilled to announce that Ji Won and I are engaged and will be getting married soon," Soo Hyun said, his voice steady but filled with emotion. "We appreciate all the love and support from our fans and ask for your continued blessings as we embark on this new chapter together."

Ji Won stood by his side, her face glowing with happiness despite the exhaustion etched around her eyes. As soon as the conference ended, they retreated to their home, seeking solace in each other's company.

The first month back in Seoul was both exciting and challenging. Ji Won's first trimester hit her hard, with severe nausea and eating disorders that left her feeling drained. Every meal was a struggle, and the slightest whiff of certain foods sent her running to the bathroom. Sitting for the longest time at the dining table still would not make her swallow any more food, for days her main nutrition source was just milk and juice. She then, despite the discomfort, was determined to gather all her leftover energy into planning their dream wedding.

One evening, as Ji Won lay on the couch, clutching her stomach, Soo Hyun sat beside her, worry etched across his face. "You need to rest, Ji Won. The wedding planning can wait. Your health and the baby are the most important things right now."

Ji Won, with her hands over the belly, shook her head weakly, her resolve unwavering. "I want everything to be perfect, Soo Hyun. This is our dream wedding. I can't just sit back and do nothing."

"But you don't have to do it all alone," he insisted, gently stroking her hair. "We can hire a wedding planner to take care of the details. You need to focus on taking care of yourself."

Ji Won sighed, knowing he was right but struggling to let go of the reins. "I just want everything to be perfect," she repeated softly.

"It will be," Soo Hyun assured her, leaning in to kiss her forehead. "Because it's our wedding. With us being there, what could even be better? But it will only be perfect if you and our little pea are healthy and happy. Promise me you'll take it easy?". He also caressed her belly

Ji Won had become much more sensitive, nodded reluctantly, her eyes filling with tears. "I promise."

"Hey dude, your eomma is so stubborn, please help appa to calm her down, okay?", Soo Hyun playfully complained before placing a kiss on her belly button.

These moments were such perfect mediums for her mood swing. Ji Won went immediately from tears to laughing after Soo Hyun finished his sentence.

Wiping her tears, "Soo Hyun, we have to also pick out a good date for the wedding", Ji Won suggested, "I have been sleeping on this idea for days"

"What is it?", Soo Hyun's hand wandered through her hair

"How about we host it on your birthday!?", she sit up, winked at him

"Jinja!?", Soo Hyun eyes widened with surprise, and happiness, "I mean...Of course, as long as you like it"

Ji Won leaned over for a quick smooch, "Just so you will forever remember us, just as important as your being...And also no excuse to ever forget our wedding anniversary, heheng"

Her words captured all of his delights, "Haha well done, Mrs. Kim. Dealed!"

Despite her promise, Ji Won found it hard to delegate. They only had like two months, at most, to prepare everything for a wedding. She was a perfectionist by nature, and every detail of the wedding mattered to her. Her only comfort then was only to pick out their wedding venue, something that could distract her from the uneasy prenatal reactions. She had been eyeing on the Aston Villa of Grand Walkerhill Seoul.

Her body, however, had other plans. The nausea was relentless, and even the sight of certain foods made her stomach churn. A typical morning, usually particularly rough, would witnessed Ji Won sat at the kitchen table, staring at a bowl of porridge that she couldn't bring herself to eat. Soo Hyun entered the room, his hair tousled and worry lines creasing his forehead. He took one look at her pale face and sighed.

"Not hungry again?" he asked gently, sitting down beside her.

Ji Won shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes. "I just can't keep anything down. It's so frustrating."

Soo Hyun reached out, taking her hand in his. "I know it's hard, but we'll get through this. Maybe we should see a doctor, see if they can give you something to help with the nausea."

Ji Won nodded, her eyes downcast. "I just feel so useless. I can't even eat properly. I can't take care of our baby"

"Hey," Soo Hyun said softly, lifting her chin so their eyes met. "You're doing an amazing job. Your body is working hard to grow our baby, and that's the most important thing right now. We'll get through this together, okay?"

Ji Won smiled weakly, resting her head in his chest. "Okay..."

The next few weeks were a blur of doctor's appointments and wedding plans. At first, she didn't want to take any medications in order to keep her body as the most natural environment for their baby's development, but things obviously went off track. The doctor then prescribed some treatments to help with Ji Won's nausea, which provided some relief, but the road ahead was still tough. Despite her struggles, Ji Won remained dedicated to plan their wedding, as a good way to be distracted from the bitterness of medicines

For a solid month, every evening, Soo Hyun would come home from filming and still usually find Ji Won surrounded by wedding magazines and color swatches. He admired her dedication but couldn't help feeling concerned for her health.

One night, after a particularly long day on set, Soo Hyun found Ji Won in the living room, poring over floral arrangements. Her face was pale, and she looked exhausted.

"You need to take a break," he said, sitting down beside her and gently prying the magazines from her hands.

"I can't," she replied, her voice tinged with frustration. "There's still so much to do."

"But you're not doing it alone," he reminded her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "We have a wedding planner for a reason. Let them handle the details. You need to rest."

Ji Won sighed, leaning into him. "I know, but somehow my mind just can't rest. It's our big day, no one would care about it as much as we do."

"Then from this weekend, leave it on me, okay?" Soo Hyun said, kissing the top of her head. "Because we're getting married. That's all that matters."

"But you're on some CF filming schedule", Ji Won slightly protested

"Not as severe as your mom job, and it's almost done too", Soo Hyun patting her head gently, "any thing as long as you're happy"

Ji Won was still very much concerned about the color palette of their floral decorations, "But...", a word left her mouth just as fast as Soo Hyun would stop it

"Ani, no no, no but. Just listen to me. This is my command", Soo Hyun pressed his lips against her, "This is for your own good, and for that of our little family."

Perhaps the ultimate treatment for her sickness was just his kiss, should have taken it more often since day 1 of the symptoms. At that very moment, every thought could be vanished, symptoms alleviated, only sweetness lingered between her lips. She had been so sensitive with smells for weeks, any kind of smell, but never that one of him. She could be tired at every sudden moment, in the kitchen, on the road, in their car, but in his arms. One definite truth was that she might have 99 problems, but he would never be one.

As the weeks passed, Soo Hyun and Ji Won later found a better rhythm that worked for them. She focused on resting and taking care of herself, while he took on more of the wedding planning. It, fortunately, then came to the part of tasting menu, which, anyway, Ji Won couldn't do at her best for this period. At his best, he made sure to pick Ji Won's favorite dishes for the fact that she had always been the one with good taste, which may also satisfy their guests. They made, indeed, a dream team, each supporting the other through the ups and downs.

Overcoming the past challenges push their love to only grow stronger. They spent evenings cuddled on the couch, talking about their future and dreaming about their life together. Soo Hyun was constantly amazed by Ji Won's strength and determination, while she found comfort in his unwavering support and love.

That one night when they laid in bed, Ji Won turned to Soo Hyun, her eyes shining with love. "Turns out that you're also a detail oriented one. Heheng. Thank you for outdoing this task. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Never underestimate me, baby" he replied with a smile and pinched her cheeks, which had shrunk quite significantly since Chicago. "What else would I mean to do? I am your hubby. neomu saranghae, Ji Wonie."

"Nado, neomu neomu" she whispered, leaning in to grab his hands, gently placed it on her belly.

A smile arose on Soo Hyun's lips immediately, "Little pea, nado neomu saranghae".

Their conversation days later turned to the guest list, and Ji Won expressed her desire to keep it small and intimate. "I don't want a huge wedding with hundreds of people. Just our closest friends and family."

"That sounds perfect," Soo Hyun agreed. "We can focus on the people who matter most to us."

"And the food," Ji Won added with a laugh. "I want the food to be amazing."

"Already on it" Soo Hyun said, laughing with her. "We'll have the best caterers in Seoul. Anything you want, I added them all to the list."

As they discussed the menu, Ji Won's face lit up with excitement. "I want a mix of traditional Korean dishes and some of our favorite Western foods. And a beautiful wedding cake, of course."

"We'll have it all," Soo Hyun promised. "Whatever makes you happy."

Mrs. Kim carefully noted down their guest list, some familiar names could be spotted through - IU, Jong Suk, Ji Soo, Hae In, Suzy, Bo Gum, and of course, the Queen of Tears cast, who had witnessed the first base of the relationship. They both were extremely satisfied with the current progress.

As the day of their wedding approached, Ji Won's health slowly began to improve. It was then the end of her 8th week, given that medication helped with the nausea, and she started to feel more like herself again. With Soo Hyun's help, they finalized the details of their dream wedding. If only she knew he was this good, she could have left everything to him from the beginning.

One afternoon, as they were baking some cookies, Ji Won brought up a detail that had been on her mind. "I want the wedding to be elegant but intimate," she said, her fingers proficient on the dough. "I've always dreamed of an outdoor ceremony with lots of flowers and a beautiful view."

Soo Hyun smiled, picturing the scene. "I can see it now. You in a stunning white dress, walking down the aisle surrounded by flowers. It's going to be perfect."

"I want it to be a celebration of our love," Ji Won continued, her voice soft. "But I also want it to be a fun day for our friends and family. Lots of laughter and joy."

"We'll make it happen," Soo Hyun promised, sniffing in all the aroma. "We'll have the best of both worlds. A beautiful, elegant ceremony followed by a fun and joyous reception."

Ji Won leaned her head on his shoulder, feeling a wave of contentment, her eyes smiled from her cheeks. "Thank you for making it happen with me. I can't wait to marry you."

"Neither can I," Soo Hyun said, kissing the top of her head. "It's going to be the best day of our lives."

Days went by, the wedding plans gradually took shape. Ji Won's health continued to improve, and she found herself getting more and more excited for their big day. Despite the challenges, she knew that with Soo Hyun by her side, they could get through anything.

One night, as they lay in bed, Ji Won brought up another detail. "I've been thinking about our vows. I want to write our own."

Soo Hyun smiled, touched by her sentiment. "I love that idea. It'll make the ceremony even more special."

"You have no idea how much I want to tell you" Ji Won said softly. "I would definitely need a big card to write it all down"

"Me too," Soo Hyun said, his voice filled with emotion. "Let's see whose card is longer, I bet mine will win haha. I want to tell our love story to this whole world"

They lay in silence for a moment, each lost in their thoughts about the future. Then Ji Won turned to Soo Hyun, her eyes shining with love. "We're going to have the most beautiful wedding."

"We are," Soo Hyun agreed, pulling her close. "And an even more beautiful life together."

As the days counted down to their wedding, Ji Won and Soo Hyun continued to prepare, both excited and nervous, despite the challenges. She would usually find herself talking to their little pea when they were alone together

"Uri aegy, eomma neomu neomu haengboge", she gently caressed her belly, which was still flat at the time, but her contented feeling overflown, "gomawo, for choosing to be with us. Appa and eomma love you so so much"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro