Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Leaving only you and Sans alone."

He lets out a loathsome sigh and lights a cigarette, then began pulling out some of the items med kit. You want to say something to him, but know he'd only reply with a indecent comment.

Suddenly, you feel a cold cloth against your left leg which is covered from top to bottom in burns. You flinch and let out a small gasp of pain causing Sans to lift up the towel immediately. You're curious as to why at first, but then realize he must've not been accustomed to the workings of human injuries.

"It's f-fine. You can continue." You mumble, slowly propping your head up so you can watch.

Just for a second, you spot a look of doubt in his small, white pinpricks; but it quickly vanishes and returns to the same hard glare you're used to. If only you could get rid of that. He was only making it harder on you to escape.

All you needed to do was show him that humans weren't all bad.

"So uh... What was it like down there?" Your voice comes out without you even realizing it. Even worse, it was a pretty bad question to ask someone who despised humans.

However, to your surprise, instead of glaring and spitting insults at you, he just raises a non-existent eyebrow and looks down at your wounds again, his voice coming out shortly after.

Maybe he wanted to talk about it with someone- you obviously knew he wouldn't tell Papyrus if his life depended on it.

"We used to be happy down there. Everything used to be fine. But one day, a human fell down. They were mute, but they were also sweet, and merciful- and loved literally everything." He let's out a low chuckle and stops tending to your wounds. You want to tell him he can stop, but decide not to interrupt his story.

"One day, the kid died... on my watch. They were playing in a place called 'Waterfall' and I was just a few feet away, talking with my girlfriend at the time. Suddenly, from behind I heard a gasp followed by the sound of collision. When I turned around, the kid had been slammed underwater by a giant rock and had either drowned or died from the impact." His hands ball into fists and you can tell he's been beating himself up about this.

"Later, after the news had gotten around, I was marked as a murder- even my girlfriend blamed me for the catastrophe that had befallen them. But I soon found out that it didn't matter- None of it did. The next day, the human came back. But I was the only one who remembered their previous visit. No one else remembered their death. Except me. But when the human came back this time... they were different." You watch as Sans tries to remain calm, but his act is slowly crumbling.

You want him to stop. You're virtually on the edge of begging him. Despite your emotions of enmity towards him, you couldn't bare to see anyone in such a state. He continues anyway.

"In this timeline, they began to kill. At first, it was only a few little monsters, but then they began to kill close friends and family of mine... Including Papyrus. But then, after killing everyone, they'd just reset and come back again, and again, and again- until everything seemed pointless. Sometimes they'd kill all of us, or some of us, or none of us. There was no pattern, just random chance." You see a yellow liquid begin to rim his eye sockets, and know that he's only bringing back memories that he'd rather have forgotten a long time ago... just like you.

"Sans..."

Your voice seems to go unnoticed by him.

"One day, I'd had enough. As soon as the human fell through the hole of Mt. Ebott, I killed them before they hit the ground. Afterwards, I coaxed the monsters to return back to the surface and take back what was rightfully ours." He grunts and drags his cigarette, a single droplet of the yellow liquid runs down his face.

"We tried to be nice to the humans, persuade them to let us return home. But they wouldn't listen. Thoughts of the kid began returning, and I knew it was kill or be killed. So I killed every human I saw and took Papyrus with me."

"Sans."

He looks lost in his memories and you can see his hands teetering.

"I thought we'd be okay, I thought Papyrus would like it up here. I didn't think-"

"Sans!"

When you call his name this time, he jumps back and his eye sockets go wide; only now has realized how long he's been rambling on. But you didn't mind. The once fearsome big bad wolf... now had a story of his own that you related to perfectly.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro