20 Years

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Behold, Pops chock lit shoppe. For decades, the heart of Riverdale. Where the dark 1967 Chevy impala rolled to a stop. The queen and prince got out of their carriage, seeing the usually busy place change into a ghost shop, of where people marked with paint. Death Diner.

"What the hell?" Jug and I said to ourselves as we walked in, this was the beginning of the towns darkness. That was being slowly creeping over the sun. Looking around the shop with jug joined to my hip, we both spotted Pop standing behind the counter. Rubbing his head in distress.

"Pop?" I asked.

"Did you see? Did you see what they wrote on my chock lit shoppe?"

~~~

Sitting out the front of Riverdale High as Jughead has been having a few days off of school to sort things out in his head, all he wanted to do was go and talk to his friends at lunch. Smiling as I saw him walk out the front door of the hall way, he jumped down the stairs. Coming towards me, I stood up from the hood. "Ready to go and see dad?"

"Let's go, can I drive?" He quizzed, cheekily Smiling.

"Hell no, get shot gun." We both laughed, shoving each other playfully. Just as I opened my door, i heard my name being called out.

"Luci!" Looking to the stairs, here came Archie. Charging right at us.

"Hey arch."

"Can I get a ride with you to the cop station, please?" I ruffled his hair.

"Yeah, get in." Driving to the station, Archie raced in to talk to the sheriff. Signing in with Jug, us two walked around the table where dad and the crappy excuse of a lawyer sat across from one another.

"Let's talk about the damn deal." Dad fiddled.

"First, to review the charges you're facing, arson, destruction of evidence, making a false confession, obstructing justice." I stood in the corner, watching as Jug walked up to me. Resting against me front on. "Not to mention this whole nasty mess of dumping a dead kid in the river."

"I know what I did." Dad rose his voice, making jugs arms wrap around me for comfort. "What's the deal? What are they offering?" Dad quizzed.

"You're gonna wanna take it." The lawyer explained, Jug letting me go. I joined dad's side pm looking over the papers being slid over. "I've been doing this a long time. It's a strong deal." Jug stood beside me.

"How many...damn...years?" Within that, the reply to my question broke my heart, jugs and dad's. Leaving the king to be placed behind bars, the queen and her little prince left to the place they could always reply on to go to growing up. Going through the back door, expecting everyone to be asleep. In quick reaction, I saw Archie come at us with a baseball bat. Shoving jug behind me, I caught the bat with one hand before it could come in contact with my head.

"Whoa, Whoa, whoa." Jug and I both said in unison, holding our hearts in fright. Archie lowered the bat.

"Jug, Luc." Archie replied in a heavy huff out of breath way. "Are you two insane?"

"You're the one that looks like a dream warrior from nightmare on elm street 3." Jug replied, Archie rubbed his head as he walked around the floating island in the middle of the kitchen.

"What did the lawyer say?"

"We've been walking around trying to wrap our heads around how bad it is." I begun as Jug and I sat down on the stools. "I-It's bad. Our dad is facing 20 years, Archie." I sniffled. All jug did was bury his face into my shoulder.

"Crap, Jughead and Lucifer. I'm sorry. That sucks."

"The lawyer thinks he should take the deal. If he doesn't and the case goes to trial, he could be facing 40 years." Jug stated. "I'm I'm just really scared."

"Yeah, me too." I looked up to Archie and asked.

"About what?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro