18) Living a fairy-tale life

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

'To love a person is to see all of their magic and to remind them of it when they have forgotten'

---Anonymous

Anika sat up and looked at Shivaay and asked, "Do you believe in fortune cookies?"

Shivaay smiled remembering his fortune cookie in the past and said, "Yes, they are beautiful and usually they will always come true"

Anika and Shivaay were silent for several precious minutes but then they were interrupted by Anika's stomach rumbling loudly. When Shivaay looked at her awkwardly, Anika started mentally scolding her stomach!

"Someone's hungry then?" Shivaay said smirking at Anika

Anika snapped back "No, no nothing like that! Its just the wind"

"Hmmm, if you say so Madam.." Shivaay smirked

"I'm hungry so I'm going to go to that shop to buy something" Anika stomped off when Shivaay shouted, " What are you going to buy?"running to Anika.

"Hmm, I don't know, what would you buy?" Anika said hiding a smile

Shivaay smirked, "Obviously you would ask me, because I am amazing, I have the best for taste ever, Anyways, I would get biryani with finely sliced vegetables"

They both walked to the shop, when the shopkeeper asked what Anika wanted to have, Anika gave the money and said, "Bhaiya please can you get me b..b..b..butter chicken, murgh makhani finely sliced" smirking in the direction of Shivaay who rolled his eyes and walked off

Anika giggled to herself in victory and started munching when someone bumped into her so the murgh makhani fell on that person!

"Oops, I'm sorry, but technically you are the person who hit me so..." Anika started talking to the person she bumped into when the person interrupted

"Excuse me, who the hell do you think you are, I am a businesswoman, I have a job unlike you beggar, I am the one and only daughter of Mr Patel, the richest man in India, YOU ARE MESSING WITH MISS RAGINI PATEL and now I have wasted two minutes of MY time on you, piece of s***! What the f***?! My clothes are ruined, all because of you, you retard!!!" Ragini started shouting

Anika was stammering because she was not used to being called words like this or even listening to people like Ragini but taking up all her courage, she retaliated, "For your information Ragini, I am not that word you called me, but I also have a respected profession, I am a magician and also it was not my fault...." but she was again interrupted by Ragini

"Magician?? Haha, you look like a witch anyway so that explains everything. You are acting like a flipping baby. Grow up, what the hell! Magic? That doesn't even exist and what did I say?! I was right, you do have no job, you beggar! You are pretending that you are magician in your fairy-tale life... God... To hell with you?!" saying this Ragini stormed off swearing underneath her breath

Anika was too weak to do a magic trick on her but Ragini's words had a big effect on her. Tears started falling down her cheeks continuously and she sunk down and broke down crying.

"What Ragini said must be true, I might as well be a beggar! Am I living a fairy-tale life?I am a stupid person acting like a baby, I can't blame her. Am I pretending to be a magician? Am I a witch?! maybe she is right, maybe magic doesn't exist..." Anika said to herself shivering

Tears kept flowing down her cheeks and she rocked herself trying to comfort herself...

Shivaay was wondering why Anika had gone for a long time so he ran back and was shocked to see the state of Anika, he quickly pulled her into a hug and rocked her gently with her tears soaking his shirt.

"What happened Ani? Did anyone say anything, okay don't worry now, I'm here, nothing with happen to you ever!! I will always be here, okay, Always" Shivaay comforted her rubbing her back whilst rocking her.

She cried into his shirt blabbering, "My life is a fairy-tale isn't it? I am living a fake life with my job and I'm a baby, I am acting like a baby all the time"

Shivaay whispered gently, "Hey, your cute in every way you do anything so there is no wrong in that"

Anika continuously cried thinking of Ragini's words but never told Shivaay about Ragini thinking about the consequences of how Shivaay might do something to Ragini.

"You'll stay with me, right?" Anika whispered unsure as she saw Shivaay shuffle around

"Always.." Shivaay quietly said to himself and nodded to Anika putting his arms around her.

Anika slept in his embrace when the sun rays disturbed them and Shivaay got up. Arnav, Khushi, Aadhi and Mallika had also come to see how Shivaay and Anika were doing.

Shivaay got up quite confused on whether to ask Anika why she was crying last night or to leave it but Anika's facial expression on the other hand was emotionless and blank but the tear stains were visible and she slowly said, "Guys, I'm going to live in the real world now..." her voice shaking remembering Ragini's words.

Khushi laughed asking, "What are you doing now then?" and everyone else were confused...

"I mean, I'm going to get a job, a proper job, in an office" Anika stammered recalling Ragini's words

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro