4• Two different souls

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Woahhh you bunked the classes." Cabir was surprised with the new found information. "But that's so unfair. You never skip classes with me but you skipped classes with Nandini. Who is she to you?" He asked, as they waited for the elevator door to open.

After paying a visit to the graveyard Nandini had dropped him outside the college gate where Cabir had been waiting for him and since then he had been eating up Manik's brain.

"Chill Cabir. It was just that I wanted to try bunking classes." Manik explained yet again. But who was he kidding with?

"Are you dating her?" He asked, looking at him suspiciously.

"No not at all." Manik contradicted almost immediately but he could feel his cheeks getting heated up only with the mention of dating her. While entering the elevator he stepped on his own shoelace and stumbled ahead. Due to which his head banged on the elevator wall.

"Isssshhhh." He wailed while Cabir laughed. Manik spared him a glare as he rubbed his head slowly.

"Then are you planning to date her?" He was again back to the topic.

"No." He shook his head in 'no' as he pressed the 14th floor. His cheeks already felt so hot.

He knew that he liked her and he did want to date her but he was scared that he would get rejected.

"You like her, don't you?" Cabir said.

"No." Manik said it out aloud. His heart thumping harder. He tried maintaining his composure.

"Liar. It's written all over your face." Cabir smacked him on his arm."Okay then if you don't like her why did you skip classes with her?" Cabir asked yet again.

The elevator ascended.

"Cabir you are acting like a possessive boyfriend right now. Why are you so interested in me? Or is it that you are-" Manik paused intentionally with a smirk.

Cabir looked at him with horror. "I am just concerned. Okay?"

"Right concerned." Manik laughed. Right then the elevator door opened on 14th floor. They got out and looked around.

As soon as Manik entered the apartment, he was impressed. It was simple, spacious and elegant with four rooms.

"Cabir you sure this house is under my budget." Manik asked, looking around.

"Yea after all you will have a roommate."

"I just am hoping my roommate won't be a crack head like last time." Manik said.

"I know right. But he sure was funny." Cabir laughed.

"Yea yea completely your match."

"But just think about it what if your roommate is a serial killer or an exorcist or-"

"Like really?" Manik cut him in between. "You are too much. But anyway I love the apartment. And what about my roommate?"

"I did ask my dad and he said that he had already finalized the deal with your roommate. And if you like the apartment then I will bring you the contract papers tomorrow."

"Thanks bro." Manik was grateful to have him by his side. No matter how weird he was, he had always been by his side.

"You don't need to. After all I get commission from my dad for doing all this."

Meanwhile,

Nandini was engrossed in her own thoughts while sipping her juice. She was sad after visiting her dad's grave but nevertheless she was okay. She wasn't miserable like other times. She was actually glad that Manik was there for her then. She smiled remembering him.

Right then a guy sat in front of her.
"Beautiful lady, you have an infectious smile." Leaning a bit, he huskily whispered.

She looked at him and replied with a sneer,"That's an outdated method. Try something new. Actually let's me make it easier."

The guy smiled, getting his hopes high.

"I am not interested in you. So get your horny ass out of here." Nandini said, sipping her drink.

"But I am interested in you." The guy said.

"So what?" Nandini got up from her seat.

"Hangout with me to-" He couldn't even complete as Nandini walked past him.

"I see you are playing hard to get."The guy held her wrist and said. That was it for Nandini. Yanking away his hand, she threw the juice that she had been holding right on his shirt.

"What the-"

"Oopps sorry but not sorry." Nandini said as she took a step towards him. "You guys don't understand without getting a lesson, do you?"

"Who the hell do you think you are?" The guy held her hand but she twisted his hand and kicked him right on his balls.

The other customers out there gasped seeing it. "I am who I am." Nandini said before leaving.

She wasn't weak and messing with her meant danger.

"Damn he spoiled my mood. I gotta loosen up a bit." Nandini took out her phone and called her best friend Mukti.

"Muku you free tonight?"

"Nah I have a blind date." Mukti said from the other side of the phone. "I can fix a blind date for you too."

"Nah. Bye." Nandini cut the call.

"I guess I have to disturb you tonight too Manik." Nandini smiled.

He was the shy type and she was the bold type. They were completely different but yet they were drawn towards each other. And may be that's what made them special.

If you haven't given my new werewolf story "Only mine" a read, then do try it out

So there wasn't any MaNan in this chapter. Sorry for that. But I hope it didn't bore you.
Do vote and comment.

Love ya ❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro