5• Heartbeat

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Who's it in the middle of the night?" Manik walked towards the door, yawning. It was around 12 pm and someone had continuously been ringing the doorbell.

"People don't even let-" His words died in his throat when he saw Nandini from the small door hole. "What is she doing here?" He immediately opened the door, not even realizing that he was shirtless.
"What are you doing here?"

Nandini bit her lips as she saw the eye catching view in front of her. "Well nothing special but coming here wasn't such a waste after all." Her lips stretched into a wide grin.

He squeezed his eyes shut, realizing that he was shirtless. He let her in and immediately grabbed a shirt from the couch.

"You look good this way." Nandini teased as she took a step towards him. His hands which had been working on the shirt button trembled.

He could feel his cheeks heating up but nevertheless he tried hard not show it on his face."Uhh how did you get my address?" He tried changing the topic.

She had snuck into the staff room after school and had taken out his details from there. "Well I had my ways." She said as she continued to take slow steps towards him.

He stepped backward with his eyes stuck to hers but he ended up stumbling on the couch and he fell right on the couch.

She let out a chuckle as she came right on top of him. He eyes automatically squeezed close.

She gently trailed her fingers up his chest. Her action was slow and deliberate, which made his heart race at a double speed. She splayed her fingers on his chest, right where his heart was.

She could feel his wild heartbeat under her palm and that made her heartbeat race too. She could feel the heat and spark between them.

"Your heartbeat." Her voice low yet audible enough for him to hear. She placed her head right over his heart and buried her ears into the calm of his heartbeat as she wounded her arms around his back.

He slowly opened his eyes as he felt her head on his chest. He smiled looking at her enthusiastic face. Slowly wrapping his arms around her petite waist, he let her hear the sound of his heartbeat.

He did find their position uncomfortable but he let her be.

They lay there like that in each other's arms, a feeling of complete peacefulness enveloping them. After few moments of the heavenly feeling, Nandini twisted a bit in his arms and turned her gaze towards his face.

He had been looking at her lovingly but as soon as her gaze met his, he abruptly turned his head to the other side. She let out a low chuckle.

"Your heartbeat sounds like a rhythm." She said softly, looking at him. She had never felt this way for anyone. "I want to hear it a little longer."

"Uhh umm okay." He said, hesitantly and
that was when realization hit her. Their position wasn't that comfortable.

She got up. "This position isn't that comfortable." She complained with a cute pout.

"Then-"

"C'mon get up." She held her hand and tried pulling him. He got up, totally clueless about her next move.

"Where's your bedroom?"

"Bedroom?" His voice louder then usual. Dirty thoughts started filling up in his mind and he immediately stepped away from her. "Bedroom? Why? I mean what? I mean there's nothing in there." He said in such a haste that it was hardly understandable.

She looked at him, trying to register his words. "Slow down Manik and just tell me where's your bedroom. Actually leave it. I will see myself." She said as she walked towards the door in front of her.

She opened it slightly and it sure was the bedroom. "Wow you keep it quite clean." She said as she walked inside.

"Manik come inside. What are you doing out there?" Nandini said as she looked at him from inside the room.

He hesitantly entered his room, by now his mind filled with trash. "Lay down and let me-"

He didn't even let her complete. "What? I mean why?"

"What do you mean why? I told you I want to listen to your heartbeat." She said as she pushed him towards the bed.
"Ohh." He smiled softly as he laid down. She laid on top of him, keeping her head right over his heart, listening to it's soft beating. It was much comfortable this time.

"Manik." After a prolonged silence she spoke out and he just 'hmm'. She raised her head slightly to look at him. "By the way earlier when I said lay down, did you have such kind of thoughts?"

"Such kind. I don't know what you are talking about." He denied instantly. His face within seconds had turned into a red tomato.

"I doubt though." She laughed. "But you know we can do that again."

"N-No. I mean I don't know what you are talking about." He stammered and that made her laugh harder. She softly pressed her lips on his chest, right over his heart. "I like you." She said. That was totally unexpected. He looked at her with surprise written all over his face.

"I really like you." She confessed yet again, pressing her head on his chest, right over his heart.

"I-I"

"You don't need to tell your answer right now." She interrupted him as she listened to his soothing heartbeat.

And few moments later she was fast asleep. She was an insomniac and for the first time in all these years she slept.

He smiled softly, looking at her sleeping figure. He gently adjusted her position and got up from the bed. "I like you too." He whispered before leaving the room and sleeping on the couch.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro