6 | dreams

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Abigail shot up with a shout and Hermione, Lavender and Parvati were up within seconds.

"Abby?" Hermione spoke quietly.

"Why is she always waking us up?" Lavender whined, "Can't she just sleep in the infirmary if she's going to have these bad dreams all the time?"

Hermione opened the curtains around Abigail's bed slowly and saw that the girl was panting and sweating all over, "Abby, what is it?"

"Mr. Weasley," she spat out, "I think he's...well, he's..."

"She's officially lost it this time, hasn't she?" Lavender inquired.

"Oh, shut up," Hermione snapped and she helped Abigail to her feet, "I'm taking her to see McGonagall."

"Might as well just take her straight to Mungo's, if you ask me."

"Well no one was asking you," she pointed out as she helped her friend down the stairs.

"Abigail?" Ron spoke up from the common room, "Hermione? Is she alright?"

"About as okay as he is, I assume," Hermione gestured toward Harry who was about to leave the room with McGonagall.

"Abigail, dear, come with me," McGonagall suggested. She looked at Hermione and Ron, "Off to bed the two of you, try not to wake anyone else up."

The three of them made their way to Dumbledore's office and Abigail felt herself start to calm down. Harry, on the other hand, was still out of it.

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim..." Dumbledore asked slowly, "or looking down at the scene?"

"Neither. It was like I..." he stopped himself as he looked around at the people in the room, "Will you please just tell me what's happening?"

"Everard, Arthur's on guard duty tonight," Dumbledore spoke to one of the paintings, "Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place," he demanded, "Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

"They've got him, Albus," Everard announced upon his return, "It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

"Oh, thank goodness," Dumbeldore nodded, "Next we need to-"

"Look at me!" Harry exclaimed and even Abigail was surprised at the outburst, "What's happening to me?"

"You wished to see me, headmaster?" Snape spoke and the two students looked on in confusion.

"Oh, Severus. I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till the morning," Dumbeldore explained, "Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable."

Snape ushered Harry out of the room leaving Abigail in confusion. "What's going on?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out," he answered simply. "You and Harry had the same dream, correct?"

"As far as I can understand, yes," she nodded.

"Prior to going to bed, may I ask what you were thinking about?"

She faltered at this, "That's an odd question to ask."

"The answer is important in understanding what's going on."

"Well, I-I was thinking about Harry."

"As suspected," he nodded and Abigail only grew more confused.

"Would you stop it with the vague comments, please?" she requested, "I'm kind of freaking out here."

"He just arrived at the hospital," one of the other portraits announced upon their return, "He looks bad."

"McGonagall, would you please go summon the Weasley's from bed," he requested, "Quickly, please. We need to get them out of here before she finds out. Fetch Potter when you're done."

"Is Mr. Weasley okay?" Abigail asked.

"He has much better chances now."

"Will he live?"

"His odds are better."

"I'm really starting to understand why Harry is so pissed at you all the time," Abigail muttered, "It's a fairly simple question. Will he live or not?"

"Not all of us are privy to future events, Ms. Lupin," he stated. "Perhaps, this time around, you'll have to wait and find out when the rest of us do."

The door to his office opened and the Weasley's flooded into the room. "What's going on, Abby?" Ginny questioned, "Something happened to our dad?"

"I do-" she began but the door opened again and Harry re-entered the room.

"What's going on?" Fred spoke up.

"Is dad alright?" George questioned.

"We need to get you all out of here now," Dumbeldore stated and he placed an old teapot on top of his desk, "She'll find out soon enough and surely she won't be happy about you all leaving without her permission."

"Now everyone hands on," he demanded and everyone in the room obeyed. He looked at Abigail as the room began to glow, "You know what to do."

After a moment the room stopped spinning and they were outside of Number Twelve, Grimmauld's Place. Abigail looked back and forth before she opened the door quickly and ushered everyone in. She entered behind them and closed the door.

"Sirius is probably upstairs waiting for us."

"Wait a minute," Ginny stopped. "Can someone explain what's going on?"

Abigail stopped and the Weasley's did as well and they all turned to look at her. "Your father's on his way to the hospital or at least I think he is, maybe he's already there. He was on guard for the Order and a snake attacked him when he dozed off. Your mother is on her way there now."

"What was he doing?" Ron asked.

"I don't know," Abigail shook her head, "I don't even know how I knew any of what I just told you. Let's just get upstairs, Sirius will know more than I do."

They finally made their way upstairs where Sirius was waiting for them.

"Arthur!" she heard the voice shout in her head and she looked around the room in confusion. She held onto the wall to hold herself up and the room began warping itself into that of the hospital. "Arthur Weasley, he was just brought here?"

"Yes, he's in surgery now," the person at the desk spoke, "If things go well, he should be out soon enough."

"If?" she asked, "If things go well?"

"Well, we can't be sure until-"

She walked away before the person could finish and she took a seat in the chair. The room blurred as though time were flying by. She felt a mixture of emotions: worry, stress, anxiety, grief and pain. Heart-wrenching, awful pain.

"The family of Arthur Weasley?"

She immediately stood up and walked over, "Is he-"

"He's in recovery now," he nodded, "His wounds won't heal so we are keeping them covered until we can find an antidote to whatever is preventing the cuts from closing."

She felt relief wash over her and she shot up.

Abigail, panting slightly, looked around the room to see that all the Weasley's eyes were on her. She looked around the room and everyone looked distressed. Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Lupin, Si- Her head shot back to where her father stood and her eyes widened, "When did you get here?"

"As soon as Sirius called and told me that you passed out," he answered, "Again."

Abigail shook her head and looked around at the Weasley's, "He's alright...They managed to slow the bleeding but the wounds have to stay covered because whatever venom the snake had is preventing them from closing. Your mother was talking to the doctor who knows how long ago so I assume there will be a message anytime now."

A moment after she said this, an owl flew through the room and dropped a letter on Fred's lap. He opened it and scanned over it, relief flashing across his face before he passed it along for his siblings to read.

"She's staying the night but she'll stop by tomorrow so we can go see him," Fred explained. "But he is okay."

Abigail smiled in relief as the rest of the Weasley's hugged each other.

"You should all get some rest," Sirius suggested, "That way when your mother comes tomorrow, she won't kill me for letting you stay up all night."

There was a chorus of agreement as they dispersed from the room. Abigail stood up to follow Ginny but Lupin waved her over. She followed her father into another room and they leaned on opposite walls of the hallway.

"Did Dumbledore explain what's going on?" he asked and Abigail shook her head.

"Not really, no," she replied. "He was kind of in a rush to get us out of there."

"Let's start with what happened a few minutes ago then," he suggested.

"I was thinking about Mrs. Weasley and how stressful this all must be for her and then I-I was Mrs. Weasley."

"And last night?"

"Well, I-" she cut herself off, "No." she shook her head in protest, "You're not telling me I was inside their heads, are you? Because that's just crazy. First, I'm predicting the future and now I can see what people are up to through their eyes? I don't want to go inside anyone's head. I don't want to see the future. I just want to be normal."

Lupin frowned at his daughter's distressed state and pulled her into a hug, "I know."

"Why is this happening to me?" she asked as all the stress and fear she had been holding inside overflowed in the form of tears. "I don't want any of this."

He placed a kiss on top of his daughter's head as he held her, "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I am. I'm going to do whatever I can to help you, okay?"

"Okay," she mumbled in response.

"You'll be okay."

She wasn't so sure.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro