6. Chillaxing

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Part – 6

"Travel Is The Only Thing You Buy That Makes You Richer"

Karthik's POV

I am back to my office after a week's long trip. I try to work as I have lot of work to catch up with but I couldn't focus on it as I keep on thinking about my holiday trip with my baby brat. In Sanjeev's words 'Chillaxing' trip... I should say that's a perfect blending of words. We really chilled & relaxed a lot during the trip keeping our minds away from our sorry mess.

Mithra & I had a great time like two old friends spending time together in isolated Islands. So many sweet memories we created which I will cherish and hold those special moments close to my heart. To tell the truth, this trip simply intensified my already heightened feelings for my Mithra.

I actually planned to keep the trip short for a day or two and to somewhere nearer to Mumbai so that my business won't get affected but Mithra really got excited about the trip & I really didn't have the heart to cut short the trip so I just carried away with her plan to keep her happy. f**k my business, nothing is important to me more than to bring a smile on my baby brat's face.

I was actually nervous to ask Mithra about a holiday trip but she completely took me by surprise by immediately accepting to it, in fact she was the one who chose the holiday destination, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, such a wise choice.

Andaman is one beautiful & romantic place, every couple should halt once in their life time at that place, it was so serene, calm & peaceful. Mithra & I really loved the people, the climate, the beaches, God! We came round & round of every single beach & we were jumping from island to island & not to forget the food. Yummy seafood! The taste of the cod, crab, prawns are still lingering in my taste bud.

"Yo dude, how was your trip? Hope you both had a great time? Hope Mithra enjoyed the trip?" I pick up Sanjeev's call & he didn't let me say a 'hi' but he shoots his series of questions.

"Hi, Sanjeev. How are you?" I ask politely.

"Oh man! When you learned the manners of giving pleasantries?" he asks with a mocking laugh. I can't help the smile creeping up on my lips. What he said is true. I never give pleasantries. I know only to issue orders, as I am use to it.

"Okay. We had a great time. Thanks to you for arranging everything in such a short notice" Yeah, Sanjeev did all the flight, accommodation, food arrangements & also a guide to take us to the best tourist spots.

"Ah that's fine, dude. I am happy you both enjoyed. Okay I will talk to you later. If possible I will come around to meet you & Mithra at your home"

"Sure" I say & hang up.

I open my laptop to check my work mails but my eyes catch a file on the desktop. Our photos from the trip. I couldn't help but open & see all our pictures we took together and few solo pics of Mithra & me which I have seen for more than thousand times. Soon I am taken back to the time we spent together in Andaman.

Day 1

We reached quite early at Port Blair Airport, Andaman & soon we checked into a posh five star hotel.

"Mithra, it's still so early in the morning so you can sleep & take rest for a while, I will wake you up by noon, then we can have lunch & go see some local places today" I tell her the day's plan. She didn't sleep well last night too in all the excitement of packing & then we had a late night flight to board. She needs her sleep or else she will be cranky all day.

"You are not gonna sleep, Karthik?" Mithra asks as she stretches on the bed. Is there any couch here to suit my bed? I look around. Thanks heaven, there is one huge sofa in which I can sleep but not now, I have things to do.

"Um... I am going to have a word with our guide regarding what all places we will be visiting & at what time we need to be ready. I don't want any lapse. Everything should go perfect and then I have some mails to check to keep in touch with office" I am away from office but still I want to know what's happening there. I know, my manager Bittu Sharma will handle everything but still I can't ease till I keep in close touch.

"Uffo, Karthik. Work work work... always work... we are here to relax, don't think about work here too. I'm warning you, I will throw your phone, laptop, and every single gadget which takes you close to your office in the sea. Mind it" she says faking anger holding her hands on her hips. She looks funny.

"Okay madame! I won't take the word 'office' or do any office work till we get back to Mumbai" I raise my hands in defeat.

"That's like my boy" she ruffles my hair in a way I like.

"Okay, baby. You sleep. I will join you in minutes"

I walk out to see our guide, Sunny. I felt the name funny and he seems funny too yet friendly. I like him. Well, after having a brief word with him I head back to our hotel room to see Mithra dosing off. She's curled up like a small ball & looks so like a baby. I take a pillow from the bed to put it on the sofa & catch up some sleep.

"Sleep here" I hear Mithra saying softly with her eyes closed.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Bed is big. We can adjust. I don't have any object" she says still her eyes closed. I sure as hell have no objection baby; In fact I would love to share a bed with you, always!

"Okay" I keep my voice low to hide my happiness.

After two hours of sleep I got up first and got freshened up. Once I got ready I gently wake Mithra up. It's hard to wake her up from her sleep. I worry how I am gonna wake her up daily morning for her college? It feels like I'm babysitting my baby brat. But I like doing it.

After our lunch, Sunny says our first spot to visit. Cellular jail!

f**k! What we are gonna do in that jail? Doesn't he get any other place to show? Fool... so like Sanjeev. After all it's his man nah?

I want to insist Sunny to take some romantic place but my baby brat doesn't want to miss any single place here, so we went to see Cellular Jail National Memorial.

Just outside the venue Mithra eyes a Popsicle vendor & you know what she would have done. She demands for it. I bought her one as I'm not in the mood to eat as we just had our lunch. We walk into the jail to see what's special about it as Mithra keeps licking her Popsicle, its juicy & dripping & her hand is getting messy with the running blueberry juice.

"Mithra? See you hand. You will mess your cloths too" I tell her. She sometimes can forget her manners. So childish!

"It's so big & it's melting quickly. I can't eat. Here, you have some" she inserts the other end of the Popsicle into my mouth. We don't mind sharing. We have done this since our childhood so don't think it's a romantic scene where we share an intense eye lock and think we are tasting each other's lips. I quickly lick the excess running juice. Hmm... Blueberry is so sweet & cool.

"Hmm... enough, Karthik. You will eat fully leaving me nothing if you didn't stop now" she protests. This girl nah! First she will ask me to eat then she will protest. I just shake my head & walk past her.

"Is she your girlfriend, sir?" Sunny asks me.

"Wife" I stare at him.

"Very nice, Sir... very cute... Sir" I raise my eyebrow daring him to say a word next. "Um... you both look great together, Sir" he quickly says knowing I will kill him if he eyes my wife even a minute longer. Okay, I will excuse him as he said we both look great.

Ugh! What a waste of time? There is nothing interesting here in this Cellular Jail. Why the hell place is even a tourist place? I got pissed just by visiting our first tourist spot.

Then this useless guy took us to a historic Chatham saw mill. God! It's all no fun for me but Mithra enjoys every place with interest. Most of the time, I keep looking at my baby brat than the places. Then we went to Samudrika Marine Museum. I love this place, quite informative about marine life.

What next? No way, yet another museum huh? Why this guy is showing us all museums? I always feel museums are for kids & aged people not for young couples like us. But Mithra finds this Anthropological museum so interesting & she keeps halting at one single place for so long studying it completely. Gah! I m f**king bored. I want to go to some beach, take off my shirt and swim.

Once we are done here, Sunny says there is one more museum. Hell! How many museums are there in Andaman? No way I am gonna see any more dead species, charts, aquariums, model ships & f**k!

"We are tired. Take us back to our hotel room, it's already late" I command this useless moron who wasted our first day.

"Karthik, but we have so many places to cover" Mithra says. Won't she get tired with all the walking?

"We will see all tomorrow. We can even extend our trip but don't worry we won't return home missing a single place, okay?" there I blurt out of extending the trip. My business? My Singapore project? To hell with it!

"Promise?" she asks raising her eye brows & holding her hand for me.

"Promise" I hold her hand.

Day 2

Bappa, make this day fruitful and I will break coconuts for you on one Friday. I pray to God as I don't want this day to be as boring as yesterday though I know it won't be because I have asked Sunny beforehand that where we are going today.

Yippie! We are going Scuba & snorkeling. I grin widely because I love underwater diving. I know Mithra will also enjoy it as she is an adventurous girl.

Omg! My girl is looking hot & sexy in this diving mask & swim suit. With the fins she looks like a fish. Suddenly I remember her fancy dress competition in school which took place when she was six yrs old. She was dressed as a mermaid. She looked so cute then. I was the one who gave the idea to dress up her as a mermaid & she even won first prize. She was bouncing & jumping & dancing all around her house & came screaming to my house, so happy that she won the first prize. She even kissed me on my cheeks in a way to thank me. I wish I get a kiss on my cheeks now. I sigh.

Okay! We are now going in a boat & on the right spot we will be asked to dive underwater. The trainer is instructing us the procedures & all the risk elements. I want to tell the trainer to cut the crap as I know this already. Scuba diving is not new to me okay? But it's the first time for Mithra. Oh no, I should keep an eye on her.

"Karthik, I will be fine. Don't treat me like a child" Mithra chides me when I keep on checking her whether she know to swim well? I check her snorkel and face mask. I just want to make sure her breathing apparatus is fitted well. I try hard to make myself believe that she is fine & she can do it.

"You will make it right?"

"Of course I will. I am just excited to jump into the water." I smile seeing her enthusiasm.

"Be close to me. Don't go too deep. If you want anything signal me or the guide, okay?" I am little worried for my baby's safety. I know even kids do scuba diving but still I am worried. Sue me for worrying!

"Okay... okay... relax... I will be close to you. We both can see the sea creature together" she agrees to stay closer. That's a relief. I just kiss her forehead & smile. Then the lady guide who gave basic instructions about it asks us to dive in. Along with us 4 more people are here. We six divers plus the guide dove into the water.

Oh! Its heaven! I find various color fish, orange, yellow, gray with white spots, blue & so on. I have a pretty good knowledge about sea life. I have experienced all this when I was in college when we were taken to Lakshadweep on college trip. Suddenly I notice Mithra waving her hands to me signaling to come closer to her. She points at a cluster of fishes. I find sea lions, harbor seals, stingrays, spotted eagle rays, reel fish, & scorpion fish... all fish family.

"How was the experience?" I ask the moment we climb up on the yacht.

"Oh my God, Karthik. It was incredible. I felt like I was in different world"

"That's water world baby" I wink at her.

"I loved it" she hugs me & I hug her back.

"I wish I had known the names of the fish & other sea species" she mutters.

"Don't worry, when we come next time you can Google it & study beforehand" I say to appease her

"We will come again to Andaman?" she asks in glee.

"Um... Not sure... maybe I will take you somewhere else."

"When?"

"When you get your semester leave, okay?" I tell her & she nods smiling.

After this we mutually agree to get back to the hotel as it is close to sunset but before that decide to eat near the coast.

And that's all for day two.

Day 3

"Wake up sleepy head, we need to see the sunrise" it's now 5.30 in the morning, we need to head to Radha Nagar beach to see the sunrise. Heard it is a sight to never miss. I never knew there was a beach in Andaman taking after my mom's name, Radha. Mommy, I miss you. I should take Mithra & go meet my parents when we return home.

"Karthik, Let me sleep, please" she mumbles sleepily.

"You can sleep later, now just brush your teeth & wash your face & come. The beach is nearby only. After viewing the sunset you can sleep back & later when you wake up for the day you can take your bath."

"Karthik, you go. I am not coming. I feel sleepy"

Stubborn! Stubborn! Stubborn!

I try again but no avail. Okay I am not interested going alone. I call Sunny & inform him that we are not coming to the sunrise point and he informs that today we will be covering few beaches. Beaches? I love that. I thought to surprise Mithra. I ask few details to Sunny & ask him to make few arrangements for me. Then I cut the call & lie beside Mithra to fall back to sleep.

"Karthik, wake up." Mithra shakes me frantically.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask her coming awake.

"Get ready soon, Karthik, we need to go to sunrise point" I guess she has just woken up & doesn't even see the time. I start laughing.

"Karthik, why are you laughing?" she frowns.

"Look at the time baby? It's 10.45 AM" I say grinning

"Then sunrise?" she asks sadly.

"Don't worry, sun will rise even tomorrow" I try hard not to laugh at her.

"You idiot, why you didn't wake me up? I told you yesterday night itself nah to wake me? Then you..." she pouts cutely & starts hitting me on my chest. I am partially leaning up balancing on my elbow & I try to defend her attack with my other hand but suddenly she falls on top of my chest, pressing her bosom against me & her legs entangling mine as she tries to strangle my neck. God! She will be the end of me.

"Hey, leave me you silly girl. I tried & got tired of waking you up. Because of you even I missed seeing the sunrise, okay?"

"Oh! You really did wake me up?" she asks settling herself comfortably on top of my body.

"Mother promise"

"Mommy's boy" she giggles & twitches my nose. Yeah! So what? I love my mom & she loves me as I am her only precious son. Well, now she got a daughter too in Mithra.

"Get up & get ready, we will have our brunch first and then have fun in beach"

"Okay" she smiles & walks to the washroom.

I ask Sunny to take us to Jolly Bouy Island; it's a small island nearer to Andaman, famous for fishing. I love fishing.

"Karthik, how long we will sit like this? If you let me I will jump into the water & catch a fish for you" she says bored. We are sitting on top of a wooden uplifted tent & I'm holding the fishing rod for like... an hour now.

"Go jump. Shark will eat you alive" I gently push her shoulder.

"Ahh... don't kill your friend, you idiot"

"You need patience to do fishing" I tell her.

"You need luck" she says.

"You need to know the techniques to use the hook, liner & sinker"

"Whatever you are saying is going over my head. If you ask me... fishing is too boring"

"Not as boring as our museum visit" I chuckle

"Karthik, that was damn interesting, informative & educative"

"Okay, for you that's interesting & for me fishing is interesting."

"Hmm... when we will head back." she asks.

"Soon our boat will return to take us back"

"Hey... hey... You got it... You got it" Finally I got a fish. My luck is not that bad.

"Omg! Give it to me" Mithra asks excitedly. She takes the fish which is still alive & suddenly it slips from Mithra's hand & goes back to its home from where I yank it out. My luck is so bad.

"Omg! I... Karthik... I didn't... that stupid fish escaped from my hold... I am sorry" she blabbers while I just stare at her blankly.

"It's okay baby. Leave it" I say caressing her cheeks.

"You are not mad at me right?" she asks.

"No, baby" I smile at her to reassure her. It's just a fish.

"Thank you" she smiles & hugs me. Soon our boat comes to take us back & by evening we returned to the hotel. For night dinner I have special plans.

"Mithra, wear this dress, we are going out for dinner" I hand her a gift wrapped box. She quickly opens the box & takes out the dress. It's a white color full one side strapped full length floral gown with pale blue roses printed on it. I am wearing a pale blue see throw shirt & white pants to match with her costume.

"It's beautiful" she smiles grazing the dress with her fingers.

"And here, this is for you too" I hand her another gift box.

"What is this?" she asks.

"Open"

"Wow! Pearl necklace and pearl earrings"

"Put this set on"

"I will get ready soon" she says & runs to the changing room to get ready.

"Sunny? Everything ready?" I call Sunny to confirm everything is done as per my plan.

"Yes, Sir. All set"

When I end the call & turn around Mithra is standing in front of me like a goddess descended from heaven.

"You look stunning" I whisper. She has curled her hair and left it flow at her back. Her dress & her pearl set are so perfect. I can't take my eyes off of her.

Suddenly I notice something. Mithra is blushing? Strange!

"You look dashing, Karthik" she compliment me.

"Thank you" I smile. "So shall we?" I hold my hand for her & she takes it.

"Karthik? Where are you taking me blind folded?" Mithra asks impatiently. I have blind folded her with a blue color silk scarf & holding her shoulders from behind I'm guiding her to walk without stumbling.

"Patience, baby" I whisper near her ear. Once I reach the spot I remove the scarf & let her see my surprise. I have brought her to an isolated Island. Near the shore a makeshift gazebo with white color curtains hanging & bunched to the sides, & dinner table are set up for us. A single aroma candle is lit & placed on the table. Two plates of food, all Mithra's favorite and orange juice for her & white wine for me sitting on the table.

"Oh wow. Karthik, this is so romantic" she beams at me. I smile at her happily & soon it disappears when she asks "Have you done this before for your girl friend, Nisha?" where I will go & bang my head? This girl knows to spoil a romantic moment so well.

"I have never done this before for any girl" I say in a calm tone restraining my anger.

"Shall we eat?" I don't want her to start her blabber again.

"Yep"

"Karthik? Can I try some wine?" she eyes my flute of wine.

"Nope. Drinking is not good for your health" I throw her own words back at her from the party night where she asked me not to drink.

"Oh please, I'm not drinking daily." clever girl, she is throwing my words back at me.

"Everything has a first so why don't I try now? It's so tempting to see your glass" she says cheekily.

"No, baby. Don't insist. You have never had alcohol so I am not risking now, not here. May be when we are at home I will let you taste a sip" I say it clearly. She pouts in a way I like it & digs her fork in her food.

"Karthik? How we will go back to hotel?" she asks forgetting about drinking wine.

"Today we are staying in this island. Tomorrow we can explore this island, play in sea water & then by evening Sunny will bring the boat to take us back to the hotel" I tell her the plan.

"Oh wow. That's so cool. Where we will stay?" she asks looking around.

"There you see a bamboo house right?" I point to a bamboo house situated at a distance.

"Oh there. Nice"

"Shit" I curse under my breath when it starts raining suddenly.

There goes my romantic date!

"Mithra, no" I scream in vain. Baby Brat!

She runs out of the shelter in a blink & starts swirling soaking herself in rain with her hands wide spread & her face up letting the rain kiss her skin. I am mesmerized with her serene beauty.

"Karthik, come" she calls me. I am unable to move. I keep staring her. She runs towards me & takes my hand & drags me out of the gazebo. Ugh, now we both are drenched. My see throw shirt is clinging to my body. I know I am looking hot & irresistible but only when your girl looks at you. My bad! She is more interested in playing & dancing in rain.

"Mithra, enough. Let's go" I take her hand & run back to the gazebo.

I am waiting for the rain to stop so that we can go to our bamboo house which is at quite a distance to walk & I don't want to take Mithra in the rain. I am standing & shivering. Gah! This girl got me completely wet. I turn to glare at her & my eyes pops out of the socket. Shit! She emptied the whole wine bottle.

"Mithra..." I rush to her. Suddenly she points the fork closer to my neck. You deserve this Karthik for planning this romantic crap. I curse myself.

"You are a bad boy" she slurs. God! She is high!

"You are a culprit" she accuses still pointing the fork to my neck & I slowly move back & she takes a step forward.

"You are a cheater" why the hell she is hurling all these accusations on me? They say people talk the truth in sleep & when they are drunk so does Mithra really thinks so badly about me?

"It's such a tasty drink but you never let me taste, you are bad, go awayyy..." she pushes me. f**k! I lose my balance & fall back. This drunken girl tried to help me up awkwardly and trips on her own feet & falls on top of me... Good thing, her luscious lips land straight on my lips. Suddenly she starts kissing me. I freeze. Am I dreaming? Why she is kissing me?

"Whoa!" I gasp in pain as she bites my lip.

"Side dish..." she slurs & passes out on me. She was kissing... no chewing my lips thinking its some side dish for her drink!

Slowly I turn my head to see the fork stabbed in the sand... so close to my neck. Thank God! She doesn't insert it right in my neck & kill me once & for all.

I carry her in my arms to the bamboo house not before giving a final sad look at my empty wine bottle. This girl drank my drink. She hasn't even left a drop for me. Mommy! I wanna scream & cry. Serves you right, Karthik. She asked you for a sip but you denied her and now see the result she dunk down fully & passed out on you. Great!

Day 4

"God!" Mithra groans.

"Karthik?" then she yells my name

"Yeah. I am here" I have woken up long back & sitting beside her on the bed & watching her. I even took few pictures of her while she was sleeping. She always looks like an angel while she asleep.

"My head is pounding"

"Hangover baby" I smirk at her. A tiny part in my heart feels happy that she got hangover as a punishment for emptying my wine bottle.

"Drink this tender coconut. It will help you feel better" see, I am not so bad, I do care for my baby brat so I found this coconut for her in this isolated Island. It's more or less like her show she watches in Discovery channel. Man, Women & Wild.

"Thanks, Karthik" she says

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Five minutes. I will be better" she says. I nod.

"Karthik? I am hungry. You have anything to eat?"

"Here" I throw a chocolate box on her lap. This is all part of my romantic dinner date. Apart from this box of chocolate there is nothing to eat. I told Sunny to keep some food stuffs for us in this house to eat but that fool has forgotten to do so.

"Chocolates" she squeals & attacks it immediately. Will she give me some?

"Karthik, eat" she takes a heart shaped dairy milk from the box & feeds me.

"Karthik?"

What now? She gave me one chocolate for pity's sake & ate the rest. Well, I am not hungry so I didn't bother to fight for the chocolates.

"Karthik, what's this Island called?" she asks.

"Ross & Smith Island" I tell her. That's what Sunny told me.

"Oh! Why it's named so?"

How do I know? Why she is asking me this foolish question?

"A man & a woman named Ross & Smith got lost and died in this Island so people here gave their names to this island in their memory"

"Oh!" she nods believing me. God! She is so dumb.

"If we get lost and died in this island will they change this island's name to our names? Mithra & Karthik Island?"

"We are not going to get lost and die here. Sunny will come with a boat by evening to take us back home" I tell her.

"Can we go play in water till then?"

"You go play. I will sit there. You can change something comfortable. Your cloths are there" gladly that Sunny boy brought our cloths. Then I walk down the bamboo house & sat under a coconut tree & rest my back on it.

"You have any cover, bag or something to carry?" Mithra asks as she walks towards me. Why would she need a cover or bag? Hmm... She looks great in this white shirt & blue jean shorts which hardly reaches her thighs. Okay. No one is here. Only me. Her husband. So I can watch her great legs.

"I don't have." I say & cover my face with my cap to hide my face from the sun. My pretty face will get tan.

"Thank you" she quickly takes my cap & runs.

"Hey! Wait. Give my cap" I shout.

"No! I am gonna collect sea shells & pebbles"

what she will do with those useless things?

"Hey careful, don't cut your legs on the rocks under the sea" I warn her.

"I will take care. You relax" she calls back & runs.

I don't know how the day went so quickly. I thought & slump on our hotel room bed & close my eyes rewinding the whole day's event. Mithra played a lot in water & at one stage I got bored so I joined her & we both played together sloshing water on each other. I helped her collect sea shells and I even found a star fish which Mithra killed mercilessly saying she wants to see what's in it. Then we swam in the crystal clear water which relaxed our muscles. Then thankfully our boat came a little earlier to take us back & we had a quick dinner at a hotel & now lying on our bed. I turn to my left side and see Mithra fast asleep.

"Good night baby" I move a strand of hair off her face disturbing her sleep and tuck it behind her head. Then I too went to a deep slumber.

Day 5

Mithra & I went for trekking to saddle peak. That was a nice experience but too taxing as Mithra got so tired easily, an after effect of her previous day water play so I had to carry her. If you get married to someone like Mithra then you have to suck it up without any question. After the trekking we hardly manage to make back to our room so we didn't go anywhere else. In fact we ordered room service instead of going down to the restaurant for dinner.

Day 6

I successfully managed to wake Mithra up & I took her to see sunrise in the beach. Then we visited more beaches, ate different variety of food, Mithra did god awful shopping, then at night we went to clubs & bars at the seashore. It was more like a carnival. We had so much fun.

Day 7

We say our goodbyes to Andaman & Nicobar Islands taking beautiful memories with us.

We return home by 7 in the evening and after taking shower we went to our respective room & slept for few hours. Later that night I remember myself to feed my little wife something as she will sleep forgetting the whole world.

I ordered pizza for us & struggled hard & managed to make her eat half of the pizza in her box & then I let her sleep again.

That's the end of her our holiday trip. I shut my laptop. Enough of staring at Mithra's photos, Karthik! Do some work! I chide myself & went to attend a meeting and do the hum-drum merger & acquisitions.

Happy time over!!

... To be continued!!!

Vote,

Comment

& Share!!!   

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro